News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

don duick

Quote from: Ghoste on February 13, 2014, 05:17:22 PM
Picked up a passenger side mirror today from Roseville Chrysler.  I much prefer the look of dual mirrors on these cars.
I have to have dual mirrors as it is a requirement by law if left hand drive {Australia}

Paul G

Got a set of Hawk front brake pads installed, turned the rotors and replaced the wheel bearings and seals. Lower control arm bushings are next.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lord Warlock

New side mirrors came in today, couldn't help myself and went ahead and put them on.  While i had the door apart I decided to fix the door latch on one side along with the new locks I had installed previously but hadn't hooked them to the rods on the inside of the door, while working the lock out on the passenger side, the paint chipped around the lock hole in the door, which means now i have more body/paint work to do, hopefully i can fix it without having to respray the entire door.

Primed sanded, painted and cleared the rear bumper on the wife's car, for a quickie touchup it came out pretty well, think i'll have to do some sanding and buffing to blend it with the old paint, but the wife is satisfied with the work so that's one less honey do to do.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ChargerD100

Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

69white hat

New heater box came in, HID head light kit, a radio bezel, speedometer and cable, new passenger mirror and drivers side remote mirror. Still waiting on 2 more deliveries

WHITE AND RED 69

Added a new air cleaner. Wouldn't come close to fitting so I chopped it all up. Took almost 3 inches out of the base to get it to work with the Edelbrock RPM intake. Had to cut a bit more off than I thought to clear the a/c but it all fits great now, should be sending it off to get powder coated next week. Not sure though to keep it orange or go with something custom?  :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Mopar Nut

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 16, 2014, 01:03:05 AM
Added a new air cleaner. Wouldn't come close to fitting so I chopped it all up. Took almost 3 inches out of the base to get it to work with the Edelbrock RPM intake. Had to cut a bit more off than I thought to clear the a/c but it all fits great now, should be sending it off to get powder coated next week. Not sure though to keep it orange or go with something custom?  :shruggy:
Chrome.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

xoman60

Just got a new console in from year one. Some parts from old console Im going to use some I will preplace. 

69white hat

What's a console worth? Did you get the whole console? Can you give me some more info, I may be interested in looking at something like that next year.

Dino

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 16, 2014, 01:57:41 AM
Chrome.

Can you give it that polished look like the valve covers and compressor?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

XS29L

Picked up my heads from the shop on Thursday, just before the latest snow storm.  Now it's time to start porting !
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Lord Warlock

Weekend work.  Painted the new trunk floor Friday so I could install the new filler tube to the new tank, Installed the tank grommet, trunk tube gasket and new filler tube.  Installed the new mirrors mentioned earlier, in the process I removed the door locks so i could get the rod in the door thru the locks and while moving it around managed to cause a chip in the paint around the door lock hole.  Now i have to fix the chips on both sides before i can reinstall the locks, started the work on one chip on passenger side.  

In between little projects on the charger, sanded, primed and painted the rear bumper of the wife's daily driver, only did half the bumper, not 100% satisfied yet as I think it needs finish sanding and buffing before i'll be satisfied with it, but the wife thinks it looks better so thats the main thing to resolve.  Also polished out her headlights that had gotten dirty looking.  And had to charge a dead battery in the daughters car, it was a busy car weekend.  

Primered trunk floor after welding it in, seam sealing it and filling along the seams and welds

Trunk floor after color coating, really could use a thick coat of clear on top, but hey, its the trunk, and will be covered by a gray plaid mat eventually anyway.

Next logical step, put the filler pipe in sure hope the bottom is in the tank opening (test fit it before i installed the trunk rubber gasket around filler tube)

bolt in the trim ring, gas cap and filler neck.  

Major league OOPS!! a step backwards but think i can fix it, I got a bitchin set of tools.

A few more steps to get done before the windshield guys come out on Wednesday to install the new glass.  cleaned off the rear pinch weld to prepare for installing the rear glass. cleaned stainless with steel wool (2 grades) then 1000 grit sandpaper, then chrome polish, a few small scratches remain but looks shiny and ready to put on when the glass is done.  Still have to clean and polish the trim for the rear glass. 

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on February 16, 2014, 07:59:49 AM
Chrome.

As much as I like polished aluminum and chrome, I think I overdid it already. I'm also debating powder coating the valve covers as well. I'm leaning towards maybe some red or just a brighter orange? I thought white would be kinda cool but would be a pain to keep clean.   :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

jaak

With the crappy cold weather, and a shop with no heat, not much has been done to the car itself, but I did tackle my instrument cluster.

I'm building the 68 on more of a budget. So I decided to just buy all new aftermarket gauges. I used Equus 7000 series gauges, due mainly to costs, and because the look 'factory-ish' being they are black with white font and needles. Of coarse I had to modify the housing to make them fit. Painted the housing, installed new gauges, cleaned/painted the bezel (had to slightly modify the rear side of it also due to my new gauges), cleaned/reinstalled all the switches, and wired my new gauges. Even made my own rear defroster switch delete. Still debating on whether I'm gonna paint all the silver accents on it. I planned on doing it in a couple of days after the paint is fully cured, but the more I look at the more I like it all black.

I spent $185 on the new gauges, sold the old ones (as cores) and the circuit board for $85. So I got a little over $100 bucks in it.

Jason

garner7555

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 17, 2014, 12:04:21 AM
Quote from: Dino on February 16, 2014, 07:59:49 AM
Chrome.

As much as I like polished aluminum and chrome, I think I overdid it already. I'm also debating powder coating the valve covers as well. I'm leaning towards maybe some red or just a brighter orange? I thought white would be kinda cool but would be a pain to keep clean.   :shruggy:

I really like the hemi orange engine color, but on your car if you could match the red on your stripe that would look pretty cool!   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

nvrbdn

looked for a new torque converter on the internet.

didnt purchase it yet, just looked.

but the car was in my thoughts while looking, so that counts. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

myk

Hotchkis sway bar set and Hotchkis 1.5 shocks shipped!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Jaak, I'm not normally one for aftermarket guages but those don't look bad in there at all.  Nice work.  :2thumbs:

jaak

Quote from: Ghoste on February 17, 2014, 09:33:38 AM
Jaak, I'm not normally one for aftermarket guages but those don't look bad in there at all.  Nice work.  :2thumbs:

Thanks. Like you, I prefer original gauges. But like I said, it was more cost effective for this build. I'm happy with it, it came out better than what I imagined it would.

Jason

bill440rt

Hell yeah Clayton, that looks awesome!  :2thumbs:
Completely forgot you had an RPM intake. As you found the RPM is a bit higher.

My vote is either chrome, or painted white to match the body as well.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

I like the orange but then I'm kind of a traditionalist so what do I know?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on February 17, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

All shit just got real....... :2thumbs:

myk

What other modifications did you have to do in order to get that RPM intake to work?  Aftermarket kickdown/throttle linkages and stuff? 

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 17, 2014, 12:05:51 PM
Quote from: myk on February 17, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

All shit just got real....... :2thumbs:

I know, right?  Next up will be the Hotchkis torsion bars and leaf springs; I can't wait!