News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Quote from: don duick on March 16, 2014, 02:35:47 AM
removed bumble bee stripes starting a DMCL Clone

:popcrn:
Look forward to seeing that.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

don duick

will be a while still trying to work out how to do masking for stripes, don't know sizes etc.  slot mags not easy to find locally.

timmycharger

Managed to get both quarter regulators back in, all rebuilt, greased and ready to go. That was quite a job, the second one went in much quicker than the first one, but thanks to many saved pics it wasn't all that horrible.

Started playing with my Eastwood deep scratch remover kit on the side glass as there are a few scratches, but it seems like its going to be a long process. Im still in the sanding stage, havnt even messed with the polish/powder yet, so far after about 10 minutes with the drill and most abraisive disc they give you, its not doing much. Ill keep at it as this product got lots of positive feedback.

PtitRaisin

I try to put all the pieces in the correct order.
But when you have not disassembled the car by yourself and it's your first Charger, it's not so easy!

But it's a cool way to learn to know her.
Quentin

ottawamerc

Last week I restored my R/T tail light assemblies and installed them, They look friggin awesome :2thumbs:. I had my 2 new hinges that I bought at last years Moparfest from the SMS booth painted and installed. Unfortunately one of the lower hinges was not re manufactured or rebuilt  properly, it has a bend in the A post mount side that caused it to be almost 1/4" out of adjustment :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: I had to build a shim to relocate the hinge to get it to line up the door, this took for ever. Another lesson earned test/ compare old parts to new repro parts before trying to install them :RantExplode:

I think I'm done now for the upgrades this year now if only this *^&%$#@( winter will go away here so I can go cruising.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

myk

Quote from: ottawamerc on March 26, 2014, 09:36:19 AM
Last week I restored my R/T tail light assemblies and installed them, They look friggin awesome :2thumbs:. I had my 2 new hinges that I bought at last years Moparfest from the SMS booth painted and installed. Unfortunately one of the lower hinges was not re manufactured or rebuilt  properly, it has a bend in the A post mount side that caused it to be almost 1/4" out of adjustment :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: I had to build a shim to relocate the hinge to get it to line up the door, this took for ever. Another lesson earned test/ compare old parts to new repro parts before trying to install them :RantExplode:

I think I'm done now for the upgrades this year now if only this *^&%$#@( winter will go away here so I can go cruising.

Post some progress 'pics!  BTW thanks for sharing your frustration with us regarding the door hinges; I may be facing a rebuild or replacement myself. 

In any case, I drove the Charger all day today and...........it RAINED!   :o

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ottawamerc

Ok I finally took some pics of my recent work on my 71.

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

charge69

Beautiful work on your '71, ottawamerc!  Bet that Charger is a "runner"!

don duick

myk

Quote from: ottawamerc on March 27, 2014, 05:11:56 PM
Ok I finally took some pics of my recent work on my 71.

NICE!  And thanks to you I'm adding torque boxes to my suspension upgrades as well...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ottawamerc

Excellent myk,  :2thumbs: It's not too hard of a job to do and and so far seems to have made a difference. PM me if you have any questions on how to do it minus the fires :eek2:

XS29L9B2

i finish my interiors after 4 years with my charger lol. and a searching a daytona parts for made one clone of this
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

myk

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on March 29, 2014, 05:57:00 PM
i finish my interiors after 4 years with my charger lol. and a searching a daytona parts for made one clone of this

Pictures, please!  Meanwhile, I had enough time leftover on Saturday to enjoy a sunset with my big orange friend at a local lake.

six-tee-nine

I'm doing some sandblasting an cleaning right now. Going to fill the c pillar seams with lead and hopefully shoot some epoxy primer this week.
So I'm kinda excited to finally getting rid of the rust look....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

twodko

Finally......I'm having a power front disk break conversion installed!  :icon_smile_big:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

timmycharger

Wasted about 3 hours of my life that Ill never get back trying to sand/polish out scratches in my glass.  :brickwall:

I gave the Eastwood Deep scratch remover kit a fair chance, and after 3 hours of sanding and polishing, the scratches were still visible, but everything around them were crystal clear.   I will say that spending the time with the polish on my good glass was worth it because now it looks brand new and I plan on polishing the rest of the glass before installing, so it wasnt a total failure I guess.

Musicman

Started today out by taking a ride and picking up a 12' length of square tubing and some 18 gauge sheet metal.
I used the tubing to connect the front and rear sections of my DIY Rotisserie.

After that, I lifted it up about 8" and gave it a test. I didn't go all the way because I was alone and it is a bit of a pain in the butt going back and forth on the jacks, lifting it one inch at a time... especially when you have a bum leg like I have at the moment. Bottom line, it works like a charm, and the worm gear drive rolls it around effortlessly.

Once I had it rolled up there, I grabbed the body and gave it a good shake test. No squeaks, groans, or breakage, so I guess it's safe enough. While I was there I took a look at the welds on the bottom side of my floor pan repairs. I may need to touch up a couple spots here and there, but overall they turned out really well, with just enough penetration.

That was all for today, maybe tomorrow I will raise it up enough to roll it the full 90 degrees, and start working on the bottom. I just need to raise it a few more inches higher than I did today.

moparsr2fast

Pulled the trans for a rebuild/upgrade.... kevlar bands, 5800 rpm governor,  5.0 apply lever w/hardened strut/anchor... etc.
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

1st_charger

new intake that's been in the garage for 2 years and did a little detailing still have some final cleaning to do!

1st_charger

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ottawamerc

Very nice rotisserie Musicman well done :2thumbs: It will make your restoration so much better.

PtitRaisin

Quote from: ottawamerc on April 01, 2014, 06:54:08 AM
Very nice rotisserie Musicman well done :2thumbs: It will make your restoration so much better.

+1  :2thumbs:
Quentin

Musicman

Thanks guys  :cheers:

I was scaping undercoating off the belly this morning. I used a heat gun on the really thick nasty areas, along with my HF Multi-tool and a good sharp Scraper Blade attachment. I didn't get much time in on it this morning, but I did clean up a good 1/3 of it anyway.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona