News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

I was doing some welding yesterday... Decided to start touching up the welds on the bottom side of my floor pan/cross member repair job. Touched up nearly all of the floor pan welds (the ones that were easy to do with the car laying on it's left side anyway). Then I welded the floor pans to the cross member and forward frame rail flanges. I'll roll the car over to the other side and finish up the last few welds tomorrow.
It's so nice working with a rotisserie.  :2thumbs:

kokxville

Rebuilding the Dana60 and changing the gears to 3.54,put new mopar performance leafsprings and shocks on it  :icon_smile_big:

Will post pics later.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

myk

Quote from: 69white hat on April 07, 2014, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on April 07, 2014, 10:36:46 AM

Been through plenty of GM alternators in my life. They are junk  :Twocents: Your results may vary  :shruggy:

I'll let you know how it goes.

I wouldn't worry man. There are hundreds of thousands of Camaros, Corvettes, Vegas, Astro vans, Safari vans, Yukons, Envoys, Cobalts, Cavaliers, GTOs, Chevelles, Impalas, Luminas, Citations, Firebirds, Sunfires, Suburbans, Monte Carlos, Blazers, Jimmy's, Caprices, Chevettes, S-10's, Monaros, Escalades, XLR's, CTS', Denalis, 1500, 2500, 3500 trucks, Skylarks, GSX's, SC2's, SC1's, ION Redlines, Regals, Century's, Park Avenues, Riattas, GNX's, Lucernes, Skys, Solstices, Vibes, Tornadoes, Rivieras, 442's and Dodge Chargers like mine with GM alternators, and they did or are doing just FINE and will continue to do so...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

69white hat

Quote from: myk on April 08, 2014, 07:26:18 AM
Quote from: 69white hat on April 07, 2014, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on April 07, 2014, 10:36:46 AM

Been through plenty of GM alternators in my life. They are junk  :Twocents: Your results may vary  :shruggy:

I'll let you know how it goes.

I wouldn't worry man. There are hundreds of thousands of Camaros, Corvettes, Vegas, Astro vans, Safari vans, Yukons, Envoys, Cobalts, Cavaliers, GTOs, Chevelles, Impalas, Luminas, Citations, Firebirds, Sunfires, Suburbans, Monte Carlos, Blazers, Jimmy's, Caprices, Chevettes, S-10's, Monaros, Escalades, XLR's, CTS', Denalis, 1500, 2500, 3500 trucks, Skylarks, GSX's, SC2's, SC1's, ION Redlines, Regals, Century's, Park Avenues, Riattas, GNX's, Lucernes, Skys, Solstices, Vibes, Tornadoes, Rivieras, 442's and Dodge Chargers like mine with GM alternators, and they did or are doing just FINE and will continue to do so...

I know, but I love talking about my car. So I'll let everyone know!!

Bob T

Quote from: fy469rtse on April 07, 2014, 05:24:30 AM
Wondered where you got to bob , is that the Americana event ?

Had an away work trip on a vessel and just busy with family & other stuff, but no not Americana, Beach Hop , had an excellent time  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

R6red4spd69RT

Quote from: kokxville on April 08, 2014, 05:27:28 AM
Rebuilding the Dana60 and changing the gears to 3.54,put new mopar performance leafsprings and shocks on it  :icon_smile_big:

Will post pics later.

I'll bet you like the 3.54's. Even with 3.54's, >65 mph constant speed feels extreme.

As for what I did lately, took my Charger today to my insurance agent for their periodic "verification/picture taking" stuff. It was a nice ride as always!

Bob 

BrianShaughnessy

Sinnamon got a pair of new AMD doors...   paid for by Black Betty's hard work getting whored out for a NYC film school project.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

PtitRaisin

Quote from: Chippa on April 06, 2014, 07:58:41 AM
Rebuilt my instrument cluster.....and ran some 8 gauge wire from Alt to ammeter, and another from opposite post to batt stud on starter with fuse ......

Nice dash man !
Quentin

Musicman

Fixed the hole in the firewall, and welded the last seam where the floor pan meets the firewall.
Pretty much everything that I've had to fix on this car so far has been the direct result of a previous owners half ass repairs.  :rotz:
It's almost over now however, there is a dim light shining at the end of the tunnel. :yesnod:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

well i put my used 4.57 gear in & drove my junker down the street ,,very noisy gear,moral of the story is DONT buy a used gear!!! i knew better but i was trying to save money. i was going for more of a race car but now i am changing direction,with the problems MS is causing i wont be able to race this car anyhow, so now going for more street. got a 3.91 gear on the way & with my OD trans 3500rpm will be 102 mph. hiway cruzzin.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Musicman

3.91 gear and 3500 at 102... that's a pretty good OD system... thats like having highway gears in the rear end.  :cheers:

Musicman

More corrective repairs today... The guy that did the work on this car in the past was such a hack.  :eek2:

This was yet another genius repair done at the forward end of the rocker.
Some kind of damage covered by a piece of sheet metal welded to the rocker with a couple of loose snot welds... no protection at all. Also note the old weld in the upper left hand quadrant where the Fender had been welded to the body. :lol:

Whats behind door number one?...Why a big gaping rusty hole of course!  :brickwall:

Cut, cleaned and ready for permanent repair... No gas, so no welding today. :shruggy:

JamieZ

Now that the car is in the garage I've begun working on a general tune up. 
I let it warm up and checked the vacuum.  Adjusting the screws on the carb did not seem to do much, I already have a carb to swap on it but I wanted to see how good I could get what I already have.

The engine itself idles nicely and runs pretty smooth. 

http://youtu.be/4lwO79UsA08

Decent throttle response as well.

After it cooled down I pulled the plugs....access to #3 was a real beast but I got them all out.

(Left is engine front, bottom is drivers side).

I installed the new plugs but I don't like the look of some of the spark plug wires so I ordered new ones.  It did run just fine when I fired it back up so the current wires are functional (just ugly).

keith88

New Shocks all the way around now it sits right.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

nvrbdn

ordered my stall torque converter and received it from jegs. now i need to find the time to install it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

I decided it was too nice a day to spend it all on studies, so I finally did the work to install this denso alternator properly.  I cut new spacers and made a longer adjusting bracket.  I also cut the battery stud down a bit and installed a boot to protect it.  All seems to fit well although the back of the alt housing is touching the engine slightly. 

I also bolted the headlight relays and circuit breaker in place.  Next up is installing the new wiring and it'll be almost done...for now.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Memphis Mopar

XS29L9B2

i sold my vector rims and buy my new rota RKR rims in 17
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

timmycharger

Got in my new AMD quarter glass and complete weatherstrip kit.  The Glass looks perfect!  :cheers:

Ghoste

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on April 17, 2014, 05:11:13 AM
Brought it home from storage.

Lucky bum... mine is still locked away and I haven't received the email as to when they are opening up.  Doesn't do much good yet anyhow as we are still mid stream in mud season.  :eek2:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

I had it stored at my parents place and they got home a day early from their winter home in Texas so it was a mandated move.  :lol:

Bob T

Put it in a show...shooting those pesky mustangs...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste