News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

just a little over one year left of monster 900 bucks a month child support payments and then i'll be able to do something with mine. yes it hurts, thanks for asking.
third string oil changer

projectanimal

After a long and sometimes depressing winter I have been able to spend some quality time in our garage again.  Took the front tie rods and drums off last fall and we just started reassembly!  Decided to pick up a disc brake conversion kit and while taking the lower control arms off found the driver side twisted and bent, thank you ebay for used parts!  New paint and bushings finally together, so today was the first time since last fall that parts started going back on the car.  Feels great and cannot wait to get it back on its wheels. Will revisit one of my old threads with an update an new pictures.  Cheers
northwest CT

Ghoste

Installed the light socket and associated wiring back into my trunk.  Now the light package is complete and all working again.  Yay! :ricky:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on April 25, 2014, 04:13:58 PM
i change my rims lol

Good work man, they look great.  HOWEVER, I think it would look a lot cleaner if you took off the wheel trim; the light colored wheel trim and wheels form a redundancy IMO.  Actually, it looks as if the wheel trim is brighter than your wheels, which takes away from your great looking wheels.  

Give it a try and see what you think; it's not as if you can't put the trim back on.

Quote from: rt green on April 24, 2014, 06:51:19 PM
just a little over one year left of monster 900 bucks a month child support payments and then i'll be able to do something with mine. yes it hurts, thanks for asking.

Seek solace in the fact that you did the right thing by honoring your responsibilities by at least helping to pay for this child.  Many other dead beats wouldn't have thought twice about ignoring their obligations just to play with their money.  Hats off to you, sir...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

69white hat

ok so I got my new rubber mounted on my new wheels, just need the car back and I'll put em on.

I put on a new passenger mirror. My friend drilled the holes in my door while I screamed and covered my eyes. I also replaced the remote mirror on the drivers door with a new repop.

Sorry about the finger in the pic, I never noticed, LOL

I also put on new door seals and pillar seals, and tackled one of the seals for between the front and rear window. That's not easy. My passenger door always clunked when I shut it earning a look of "Really??" from my wife. So when I had the door panels off for the seals and the mirror, I looked inside and this is what I found.

It still worked!! An LED flashlight. I turned to my mechanic and declared "This cars making me money!!!!" He laughed for an hour.

Also put in a new rear diff. replaced this pile with a sweet limited slip from a local gear shop

69white hat

We also adjusted the doors so they shut much nicer and put a new R/T badge on the headlight door removing the old charger symbol. This used to be a 383 car. I pulled out the old head lights in preparation for installing the new Hid headlights. I also installed the hood turn signal indicators. Unfortunatley I don't have pictures of that.

XS29L9B2

Quote from: myk on April 25, 2014, 04:24:04 PM

Good work man, they look great.  HOWEVER, I think it would look a lot cleaner if you took off the wheel trim; the light colored wheel trim and wheels form a redundancy IMO.  Actually, it looks as if the wheel trim is brighter than your wheels, which takes away from your great looking wheels.  

Give it a try and see what you think; it's not as if you can't put the trim back on.

thank you man
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Musicman

Bob T

Looks sharp White Hat, nice one - and now you've got an led torch for free  :lol: all I found was some Canadian coins and a 1/2 a jar full of American dry mud inside the 1/4's  ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

A383Wing

pulled both grilles out of each 66, removed all 4 headlight motors and mailed them off to be rebuilt.....so now I'm dead in the water until they come back.....

69white hat

My mechanic also dropped the moroso oil pan and stuck a stock pan on for me. I lived in FEAR of that oil pan. Every time I hit a dip in the road or a bump I had visions of that oil pan scraping on the road and springing a leak.

He also put in a new mini starter and a new steering box. He was really cursing for this job because of the headman? headers. Super tight fit to get that stuff out. The starter had to come out with the header. And then when he got it all back together, the pitman arm wouldn't fit!! If he had to take it all out again he would have been pissed. but the pitman arm off a 73 dart was the answer!!

1974dodgecharger

its not bad...I scrapped it once I was going too fast you have to creep over them.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Bob T

Gave it a polish and got in another 100 miles taking it to a casual Sunday caffeine & classics parkup then went to a old haybarn guitar jam session out in the sticks,  excellent day out  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

TPR

Went for a run on the weekend and clocked up just shy of a hundred miles.
Took some photos and tested out a 3X GoPro setup.
Always wanted to do this route in a Charger, it is at the base of the Blue Mountains in Sydney.
Video is pretty long and the sound is crap, but here it is anyway.
Sorry guys, no donuts or burnouts, just a leisurely cruise.
TPR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He5nIMR54iw

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

jaak

I just finished a 'redo' on the dash of my 'budget build'. After scoring a decent 69 Dash pad for 34 bucks shipped on eBay a couple of weeks ago (has a couple of flaws but I am happy with it for 34 bucks), I pretty much had everything on hand, so I decided to go ahead and get my dash ready. After buying a few missing parts (glove box door, ash tray, radio bezel), replacing the busted up 68 pad with a decent used 69 pad, and redoing the gauge cluster using new equus gauges (see earlier post), I figured I got around $250 in this dash.

Before (parts piled up in the shop before starting)...

Painting/Prepping Parts

Finished/assembled pics...

Jason

ottawamerc

I finally got mine out on Sunday. Weather still not the greatest cause I had to keep my windows up and some heat on :rotz: but it was good to hear her roar! It ran really well all in all one little burp off of the line once then cleared up. I got to try my line loc out and :drive: a months worth of rubber lay on the road  :icon_smile_big: After my short hop around town it was back to the shop, I adjusted the drivers window that was never quite right and installed my reconditioned lower door panels.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

JamieZ

The charger needs a brake upgrade, manual drums on all 4 corners is just not something I am comfortable with.  Looking at the offerings on the internet, it seems like most kits need at least 15" wheels.  So I pulled a 14" wheel off the back of my charger (225 70R14):

Then I swapped on one of the rears off my challenger (275 60R15)

So the 15" x 8" with 4.5" backspacing fit with tons of clearance.   So now I can order wheels.  When it comes to tires I'm not sure what I'll go with...probably Cooper Cobras for that RWL look.

Dino

My first day off after school I caught a respiratory infection and a stomach bug so my plans to make some progress on the car fell apart a bit.  I did manage to remove the old fuel pump and install the new, together with the vapor separator.  I still need to adjust the hard line running from the carb to the separator but once that's done I can reinstall the alternator and my new wiring.

I also installed the new positive battery cable and trigger wire which is a bit of a pita with headers and a stock starter!

Still plenty to do before she's road worthy again but it's getting there.  Probably done by next snow fall the way my luck is going.   :lol:

Yesterday I tried removing the water neck bolts and I can just feel those suckers are going to snap so it looks like it's torch time again.    :eek2:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70sixpkrt

Put some new valve covers on since my chrome ones were leaking. Kind of the old school look.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

myk

Quote from: Dino on May 02, 2014, 10:14:26 AM
My first day off after school I caught a respiratory infection and a stomach bug so my plans to make some progress on the car fell apart a bit.  I did manage to remove the old fuel pump and install the new, together with the vapor separator.  I still need to adjust the hard line running from the carb to the separator but once that's done I can reinstall the alternator and my new wiring.

I also installed the new positive battery cable and trigger wire which is a bit of a pita with headers and a stock starter!

Still plenty to do before she's road worthy again but it's getting there.  Probably done by next snow fall the way my luck is going.   :lol:

Yesterday I tried removing the water neck bolts and I can just feel those suckers are going to snap so it looks like it's torch time again.    :eek2:

Everyone's getting sick more often around me as well; maybe it's the herald of the zombie apocalypse.  Until then, I thought you had to have a mini-starter with headers?  I can't begin to imagine your pain!

Bob T

Got a slight header leak on the driver side but trying to ignore it for the moment...

Let some more smoke out of those itty bitty 205/75/14 whitewalls today though  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JamieZ

Spent some time practicing welding.  Finally got the settings right and was able to get a decent looking weld.  Practice Practice Practice.
While I was playing around with the welder, my new wheels showed up:

So pretty.   The rubber should be showing up next week.  I went with Mickey Thompson Sportsman 245 60 R 15s for all 4.  Nice RWL tires that should be a good upgrade over the little 225 60 14s that it has on it.