News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Quote from: tubedriver on June 12, 2014, 10:39:46 AM
You guys are killing me...sitting here in China with my thumb up my butt...mine is sitting at home, just waiting...I miss my hobby, hope I don't have to sell it....had it for 32 years now.

Why would you have to  sell it?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

jaak

Rebuilt a Thermoquad for the 360 I plan on putting in the '68.

Jason

tsmithae

Mocked up my disc brake spindles, new rotors, calipers, etc and made sure I had plenty of clearance with the new rims. 

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

D69charger

Quote from: comet_666 on June 11, 2014, 06:07:55 PM
Got mine home after 8 years on Friday..

That is one Sharp looking charger!!!  Bet your glad to have it home after 8 long years.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lasvegas69charg

Recently installed msd atomic efi and hydroboost. Friday getting rid of the flowmasters and installing ultraflows. Waiting for the custom gas tank with built in fuel pump/sending unit.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

69wannabe

Finally it dried out enough to get mine out and take it for a run around the block. Great to get into something with some real HP for a change and go through the gears with it!!! Haven't driven it in a month so I was anxious to step on the pedal and shift that pistol grip!!  :yesnod:

gonzoe

HeavyFuel

Plopped on a CH4B, manual choke, 1/2" carb spacer.

Ghoste

Replaced the heater core and cleaned 45 years worth of leaves and dirt from the heater box.

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 22, 2014, 07:19:12 AM

You...opened the door?

Lol, I hope all of your repairs went along without further incident...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1st_charger

terrible one

Quote from: myk on June 22, 2014, 07:48:40 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 22, 2014, 07:19:12 AM

You...opened the door?

Lol, I hope all of your repairs went along without further incident...

Looks like a windshield replacement in progress. 1974dodgecharger, what brand of glass did you end up with?

JamieZ

Still working on the disc brake conversion / front suspension refresh project.  I found some rust and the repairs have slowed everything down.  I've got most of them fixed up, I'm down to replacing the UCA mount.  One side was rusty and weak looking so I decided to buy a replacement.  The replacement doesn't come with the "washers" that the eccentrics for the bolts key into, so i had to be careful and save my originals. The rusty side I pulled off with just a pair of pilers.  The other side took a bit of work with the cut off wheel, but I got it out clean.    Removing the rest of the bracket is a bit of a pain, but hopefully I'll get it off this week.

1974dodgecharger

I forgot the guy scraped if off before I could read, but it has tint in the upper part I had a AMD glass before and it had no tint so all the heat in AZ would come into my car and burn my skin so I would melt...

Jaimez its a custom color between the QQ1 and B1 mix, lol I will respray the paint maybe next year to another shade of blue depending on finances

lol, you guys didn't notice my vinly is now off!!!!!!   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 22, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

lol, you guys didn't notice my vinly is now off!!!!!!   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

The open door is more of an attention grabber  :rofl:

Looks good though, its kinda refreshing to see a charger without vynil or a Rebal flag on the roof  :coolgleamA:

twenty mike mike

Ripped off the top and front of the engine.

Time to paint those hard to reach places.

69rtse4spd

Pat & John came over on Sat., spent about 6 hours taken the old K member out, & putting the CAP one in. Spen most the time looking for the new parts I had scatterd around. Had one K-member bolt that just would not come out with the 1/2 inch impact, would move, so go get the 3/4, lot of crud on the threads. Put the JEG'S one piece windage tray on, will see how that works. Next up will be the upper & lower control arms. All in all a good day spent with friends working on the 70 & that is what it's all about.   

grdprx

Installed a 33 tooth speedo gear today, replacing the 28 one that was in there. NGK XR5s showed up today too.

Slowpoke

Working to make room in the garage to work on the charger, I broke  down and stored away the spare tail panel and grill assembly.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

JamieZ

Got the UCA bracket off....not the cleanest removal but aside from a few scores I didn't do any real damage:

My dad fabricated an alignment tool.  Just a simple piece of wood that fits the washers, but it really helped get everything lined up:

Once they were clamped to the bracket I took them outside and burned them in.  I worked on refitting the UCA but with the new slightly larger bracket and the new never been compressed bushings it is a very tight fit.   I need to do a bit of grinding to clean off the undercoating/grime and maybe a touch of metal to get it fitted cleanly.

Ghoste

A snowball for me.  Since I had the heater box out for the core change and I was already cleaning out the debris, I decided to go over the whole heater box.  Not a restoration, but a good refurbishing.  Since the box was out, I decided to also look at the dash wiring.  It had never been hacked into and all the connectors looked pretty good but some were a little corroded and I already a repro harness on hand so I made the decision to change out my dash harness.  While the harness was out, I elected to go over the instrument cluster since it was easier to do the harness with it removed.  Once removed I did the same as the heater box, not a resto but a refurb.  I cleaned the hell out of the dimmer switch and lubed it well so it works like a charm again.  Also while the cluster was out I added a tach.
So now I have a good heater core with a blower that works like a new one, a Rallye tach/clock combo, panel lights that could be seen from the space shuttle and new wiring on both sides of the bulkhead connector all clean and well greased (dielectric obviously) connectors meaning the ammeter is indicating the charging system isn't working hard at all now.
In short (pun intended) the electrics are great and the heater is too.  :woohoo:

keith88

Grill repaint ,narrow GL push bar bumper and new upper brake system.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Sconni

fixed leaky caliper, took off wiper arm, went for a ride and overheated, and enjoyed every minute. Even the overheating.  Next is a new thermostat. Every day is a good day