News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I was cleaning up around the shop, to start back work on the Charger. I wanted to re-install the steering column, so I just decided to go ahead and put the dash, steering column, and steering wheel. I'll have to be careful and keep it covered up, and masked off while doing body work, but figured it would be safer in the car, as opposed to just laying around the shop. Looks good I think for a 'budget build'. It's cool to see the dash in the car (it was already removed when I bought it).

Jason

myk

Quote from: jaak on June 30, 2014, 10:33:46 PM
I was cleaning up around the shop, to start back work on the Charger. I wanted to re-install the steering column, so I just decided to go ahead and put the dash, steering column, and steering wheel. I'll have to be careful and keep it covered up, and masked off while doing body work, but figured it would be safer in the car, as opposed to just laying around the shop. Looks good I think for a 'budget build'. It's cool to see the dash in the car (it was already removed when I bought it).

Jason

Excellent work as usual.  Refresh my memory: those're just Equus gauges in a stock cluster/bezel, right?  They look good in there.

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2014, 12:20:45 PM

In short (pun intended) the electrics are great and the heater is too.  :woohoo:

Awesome, that sounds great-I need to get my butt in gear because I need a defroster like, yesterday.

Quote from: keith88 on June 30, 2014, 05:13:10 PM
Grill repaint ,narrow GL push bar bumper and new upper brake system.

NICE.  The vinyl top on a GL scheme is a refreshing look...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

jaak

Quote from: myk on July 01, 2014, 01:38:00 AM

Excellent work as usual.  Refresh my memory: those're just Equus gauges in a stock cluster/bezel, right?  They look good in there.

Thanks, yes the are Equus 7000 series gauges.

Jason

A383Wing

after 2 years of sitting covered in the garage, the Daytona still runs...got it out today and put half a tank of gas in it...took our Corgis on a quick freeway run.....

it still lives

74Rallye

After a year and a half since breaking the engine, I've rebuilt the engine and swapped in a 4sp and today I finished the clutch linkage. I drove the car for the first time with the new engine and trans. During the test drive I broke the rear U-joint and had to call a buddy with a trailer. At least the trans swap worked well.

Musicman

Quote from: A383Wing on July 01, 2014, 07:19:37 PM
after 2 years of sitting covered in the garage, the Daytona still runs...got it out today and put half a tank of gas in it...took our Corgis on a quick freeway run.....

it still lives

Alright, way to go Bryan  :2thumbs:

Laxy

It wasn't particularly constructive but I did a drunken burnout in the shed with it during a shed-warming party, good fun.  :icon_smile_big:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pM5v9nshBI

Wasn't running too well on the night but have since rectified with new plugs and new Firecore wires (thanks Ron!) and am in the process of replacing the problematic Edelbrock 750 with a new Quick Fuel Slayer 750.

Also installed some repro 3-point retractable belts to replace the original 2-points and new MP valve covers with Moroso gaskets and ARP studs to cure all the leaks. Went on nicely but getting some seepage from the lower studs on each side, thinking of putting a bit of sealer under the washers to hopefully fix.

Finally, I've got my Aussie Charger back from a 4 year cash-job repaint by a mate after it was hail damaged in 2010. Full colour change back from Magenta to the factory Limelight, I'm over the moon! Still needs lots of work but the body and paint are done. It's home for now is up on the hoist as the wife's car takes up the other spot in the shed!

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

TPR

Nice setup there Laxy, just what I need. Maybe one day.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Ghoste

Replaced the fuel pump and spark plugs.  Now it's time to tune tune tune.  (and test drive  :D )

RIDELIKEHELL

Raised the car an inch all the way around,alignment,new 180 thermostat....
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dreamcar

Completely stripped and painted the front passenger side front wheelwell area. Removed the upper cowl and prepped for the new AMD piece which should be on it's way by mail. Replacing the driver's side inner fender is up next.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

twenty mike mike

Finally got the firewall stripped, de-rusted and painted. The first pic is after I removed a layer of black paint.

Wicked72

Started the mock up of the my side marker light conversion  :icon_smile_wink:  something awsome and very different.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

RallyeMike

Thanks to some motivational assistance, found the loose connection that was preventing the 73 from starting from the key, adjusted (hammer and vice) the linkage for the newly install slapstick so it works properly, and replaced the 2-time crunched 7-qt miloden pan with a home-modified low profile one.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JamieZ

I finally got UCA bracket positioned and welded back in place.  Then I started putting parts back on the car.  Everything went back together a lot smoother than it came apart.  It did take me a bit to figure out the caliper mounting bracket from Dr Diff, but once I realized it attached to the back of a knuckle, everything slipped together nicely:

Now I just have to break down the major pieces, grease all the joints, take my best guess at adjusting the shock, and then put it all back together with the right torque settings.

...and then put on the rotor....and the caliper....and the wheel......  Oh well at least parts are going on for once!

HeavyFuel

Recovered the drivers seat bottom and back...new foam on bottom.   Kinda a pain, took about 8 hours (I'm slow).

Removed the spacer on the two rear floor bolts to give me a little more tilt back.  You can see the diff in the second pic.  Drove it around tonight like that, so far, it's a  :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

Tried out my son's GoPro tonight.  Had it mounted perfectly on the windshield for great video.

Too bad I chose the setting wrong, and ended up taking 3274 individual HD pics...about 3 seconds apart.    :brickwall:

EDIT:  Actually they were about 1 sec apart... :eek2:

keith88

Replaced brake booster again... Got a good one this time! :brickwall:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

myk

Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 16, 2014, 10:44:33 PM
Tried out my son's GoPro tonight.  Had it mounted perfectly on the windshield for great video.

Too bad I chose the setting wrong, and ended up taking 3274 individual HD pics...about 3 seconds apart.    :brickwall:

Lol. 

Where do you have it mounted?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

HeavyFuel

Quote from: myk on July 17, 2014, 08:28:17 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 16, 2014, 10:44:33 PM
Tried out my son's GoPro tonight.  Had it mounted perfectly on the windshield for great video.

Too bad I chose the setting wrong, and ended up taking 3274 individual HD pics...about 3 seconds apart.    :brickwall:

Lol. 

Where do you have it mounted?

Used the suction cup device to locate it just under the rear view mirror, pointing forward.  Nice shot of the hood and pano of the area as you cruise around. 

I figure something like that would be nice to toss up on widescreen TV with surround this winter when I can't be driving.   

myk

Brilliant.  Post it up when you get it worked out.  Aw hell, post up the 3,000 HD pictures too...

hemi68charger

I put one of these into one of these......
to make this.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

I've done absolutely nothing. I haven't touched the car in at least a year and a half, except maybe once to pull the car cover off.