News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

Picked up a new master cylinder of eBay.  It is not quite the same style, as it is for a later B body/E body but it bench bled without any issue.  I mounted it to the car and bled the brakes without issue.  Glad that's out of the way.

Started on the alignment, but after a few minutes it became clear I had no idea what I was doing. 

I've been doing some reading and think I have a better idea of which way to turn what bolt.

fy469rtse

great looking wheel alignment tool Jamie ,
where did you get it ? $ ? you state side or aussie ,
very good idea because getting very hard to find anyone to do a decent wheel alignment ,
another tip , assuming rear axle straight measurement front wheel to rear, four wheel alignment

JamieZ

It's a Quicktrick alignment tool (http://www.quicktrickalignment.com) runs a little under $300 here in the states.

C500

Re-united the engine with the car. 6 hour drive on the back of the trailer
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

69rtse4spd

Got the right side torsion bar in, what a pain in the ass the new  boots are to get on. Will try & do left side on Monday if time allows.

JamieZ

Boots are easier to get on if you warm them up.  A few seconds in the microwave or putting them in boiling water for a bit will make them a lot more pliable and easy to install.

fy469rtse

Also because of the synthetic make up , which is why there stiff, not rubber anymore,
Kerosene just on the area you want to soften , will eventually go hard again, but well after you have fitted them

myk

Quote from: C500 on October 12, 2014, 06:32:28 PM
Re-united the engine with the car. 6 hour drive on the back of the trailer

That my friends, is a man who loves his car...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Stegs

I drove it yesterday.....and maybe did a burnout  :scratchchin:

twenty mike mike

Left side in, right side to go.

69rtse4spd

Good info, did heat them up a bit, still a bitch, but got the driver side on today.

Musicman

Repaired the old spring perches and made up a new rear crossmember assembly.

XS29L9B2

i change my muffler for a second time shit.

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Ghoste

Lord Warlock

looks like it was before as you could see the dents on the left side muffler while on the car.  Also has a u shaped dent on the rear edge.  Why are both mufflers bent on the outer edge on the rear? They hit a support structure?
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Charger-Bodie

That's how those muffs were made back in the day. For clearance. Repops are made to be the same.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Quote from: Musicman on October 15, 2014, 10:08:17 AM
Repaired the old spring perches and made up a new rear crossmember assembly.

You're making some nice progress there!  Good job!   :2thumbs:

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on October 16, 2014, 12:30:40 PM
i change my muffler for a second time shit.

Ouch!  They look real low to the ground, why is that?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lord Warlock

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 16, 2014, 07:57:50 PM
That's how those muffs were made back in the day. For clearance. Repops are made to be the same.
Mine don't have the kinked areas on the ends, as far as I can tell one of mine is still an original muffler, the other was an imperial muffler that matched size and style-in the 70s when I was driving it.  I blew one of mine round when I intentionally backfired the car with the key (accelerate, let off, turn key off, then back on....loud bang, one too many times and it looked like a thrush).  Never seen em like that before, but there is a lot i haven't seen before.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Ghoste on October 16, 2014, 05:05:20 PM
Is that damage before or after removal?

before i dont ahave a photo to after change my muffler

white

My son and I testing the new wiring harness in my 68 r/t.

XS29L9B2

white

Thank you I try to let my Daughter and Son help out as much as possible. My Daughter always puts on her safety hat when she helps out.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

took it to another car show today with allen (41husk) and my buddy jerry with his 64 cuda and a new guy Zach with his 70 GTX, plus a 73 road runner. plenty of mopars. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House