News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71charger_fan

Getting ever closer to paint.

WHITE AND RED 69

Been working on a new front spoiler that will run the full length of the valance. It's the same style as the 69 camaro spoiler but has about 4" added to each side. Just need to finish the body work and get it painted.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

fy469rtse

thought about doing one also in steel, aluminium
what put me off and its this thought train that i kept the plastic one,
out low on the bottom of nose, knock that to into the ground or anything, plastic one will suffer , metal one will dent and the resulting damage to that front valance as well that its attached to ,
want to enjoy my car not drive trying to be extra careful with front nose,
:Twocents: very nice car white and red 69, always watch with interest on what you do with this car, never thought white could look good on a charger, then i saw yours,
would hate to see you damage the front on this very nice charger

Dino

Nice job on the spoiler.   :2thumbs:

Fy, you can modify the Camaro spoiler with whatever material you like and make a mold of it.  Now you can make one out of fiberglass which will be the sacrificial piece in case of an accident.  Personally I llike that the spoiler is narrower than the valance, but I'm curious to see the end result of this one.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

Sat in the garage with a beer and just stared at it for about an hour while listening to some Hagar.   (is this thing really mine???)

Gotta soak it in...winters coming.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 21, 2014, 07:11:21 PM
thought about doing one also in steel, aluminium
what put me off and its this thought train that i kept the plastic one,
out low on the bottom of nose, knock that to into the ground or anything, plastic one will suffer , metal one will dent and the resulting damage to that front valance as well that its attached to ,
want to enjoy my car not drive trying to be extra careful with front nose,
:Twocents: very nice car white and red 69, always watch with interest on what you do with this car, never thought white could look good on a charger, then i saw yours,
would hate to see you damage the front on this very nice charger

Thanks!  :cheers: Yeah I'm a bit worried about what could happen if I hit something but I'm going to take a chance on it. Hopefully if something bad happens the bolts will just snap off or the structure will bend with the hit. Who knows, I might not like it and end up tossing it.  :lol:  I got it in primer tonight so I will find out in a few days.

Quote from: Dino on October 21, 2014, 07:27:00 PM
Nice job on the spoiler.   :2thumbs:

Fy, you can modify the Camaro spoiler with whatever material you like and make a mold of it.  Now you can make one out of fiberglass which will be the sacrificial piece in case of an accident.  Personally I llike that the spoiler is narrower than the valance, but I'm curious to see the end result of this one.   :yesnod:

Thanks Dino. Depending on how the end product looks I might go that route just to save some extra weight. I should have tried it with aluminum first.  :brickwall:  Or maybe find someone that could take the mold and make carbon fiber ones?  :scratchchin:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ghoste

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 21, 2014, 10:39:27 PM
Sat in the garage with a beer and just stared at it for about an hour while listening to some Hagar.   (is this thing really mine???)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Musicman

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on October 20, 2014, 09:24:09 PM
Been working on a new front spoiler that will run the full length of the valance.
It's always really cool to see someone who's not afraid to fabricate something from scratch. :2thumbs:

Living the Dream :cheers:

JamieZ

Made some progress.  Put the dash back in:

I also got the adapter plate for the holley and found an Edlebrock air cleaner base/element that will fit the Holley and go under the stock air cleaner top.  I ordered a piece that will let me run a rubber line for fuel.  That should be enough to tune it until I can get a metal line plumbed.  I'll have to fab something to relocate the coil but that should not be difficult.

The only setback this week is I discovered the brake pedal switch no longer works correctly.  Apparently a swap from manual to power requires swapping the switch as well. I ordered an adjustable one which should show up next week.  Looks to be easy to swap....other than being difficult to reach.

don duick

I thought I was the only crazy one that did this. I usually have more than one beer.

69wannabe

Drove mine for about four hour's today. Had a great drive with my buddy driving his 69 charger also mostly on a two lane through the country. We grabbed some lunch at the Bub-a-que in Jasper and then hit several back roads on the way back home!! Great weather for driving for sure. Luckily we had no troubles and it wound up being a good day all the way around!!! :yesnod: Good to get the old car out and drive it on a good lil road trip around the country side!!!

AKcharger

TPR

Quote from: don duick on October 25, 2014, 04:24:31 PM

I thought I was the only crazy one that did this. I usually have more than one beer.

It's more common than you think!
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

tcs69rt

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

fy469rtse

Damn 
new i forgot something when i was out staring at my latest handy work  :cheers: , got all my led's conversion working,
tail lights work exceptionally well   

timmycharger

Just made a list of what I need to finish the car including pricing...  :puke:

Paul G

Just this. having a little fun on a back road.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

timmycharger

Was up waaay too late last night trying to get the door adjusted, probably should have waited for some help, Ive got it really close, going to have at it again this weekend with a helper, what a pain in the a$$. Threw the fender on as I just had to see it sort of together.. definitely going to wait for the helper with the hood  :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Got a brand new set of Keystone Klassic wheels for the R/T 4 speed car. Stuck two of them on to check it out. Hopefully it will et paint this winter.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

fy469rtse

Tommy charger,
Fitting that door , is it an empty shell , if so hang it 5mm at least higher at the back
Once painted and you put glass and all the parts back in door , the weight will pull it down at least that

fy469rtse

:2thumbs: always liked the look of the keystones , looks nice

XS29L9B2

i drive my cars today it s so fun with a beautifull light
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

JamieZ

I fabricated a small bracket to better hold the gauge used on my alignment tool.  The original piece allowed for too much slop and when talking about alignment 1 or 2 degrees makes a big difference.  I also calibrated the gauge.  Now the readings are starting to make some sense.  I managed to get the passenger side within spec.  Now I just need to get the driver's side in spec and tweak them to be close.

The mail brought the brake switch I was waiting for....and the dreaded Right Stuff Recall letter.  I'm not sure what to do about the recall.  The letter isn't very detailed as to how to ship these parts back and how long it will take to get replacements.  I'll worry about it later. I did get the brake switch installed:

PtitRaisin

Yesterday I took out the leaf blower  ;)

I had a little tidy the garage to install my freshly "restored" tool trolley.

Quentin