News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Undercoating and an paint job for the underneath( was looking pretty ratty all rusted) As well as a new exhaust from headers back with stainless tips. And new valve covers and air cleaner for the engine.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

timmycharger

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on March 16, 2015, 09:49:29 AM
Quote from: timmycharger on March 16, 2015, 07:27:15 AM
Prepared my motor for new rings and bearings, used the flex hone and de glazed all of the cylinders, came out really nice. Also was able to remove and install a new pilot bushing.
Nice job!! Hey, where your safety glasses :o

Ha! yea, they are sitting on the bench, I did wear them on the otherside though, it made a mess!!

JamieZ

Warmed up and dried out so.....

Well it mostly dried out......

Anyhow it's back in the garage

It needs a wash and now I can swap in that reverse harness I had sitting around all winter. The fun begins again!

keith88

Not as lucky as you its snowing at my house again SOB  only couple inches but there is already 8" on it now. I will be waiting a little longer . :brickwall: :RantExplode: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

myk

Hotchkis leaf springs, torsion bars and strut rods are in.  The UCA's and the steering rods are next...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Bob T

Keith88, What's going on with your rear leaf spring setup? Never seen that before, what's the gig there?
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

67440chrg

Started it and adjusted the timing a little. Drove it a few miles got gas and played ball with the kids for a while. Almost 70 here in mo. Spring is here. I just hope it stays.

keith88

Longer wheel studs in the front rotors seeing that they were only holding on by 4 threads up until now.

timmycharger

Installed my new Firm Feel stage 2 steering box on my K frame  :icon_smile_cool:

PlainfieldCharger

Just finished painting my Firm Feel box (stage III)...I think your install will go easier than mine... my K frame is not out...Not too bad of a job though :2thumbs:

keith88

Quote from: Bob T on March 21, 2015, 01:40:02 PM
Keith88, What's going on with your rear leaf spring setup? Never seen that before, what's the gig there?
Its just a couple leaf spring helper kits to keep up the rear , they were used on the general lee a lot on the show. I use them to give it that air shock (higher in the back) look with out actually using them because they make the car ride like crap.

BLK 68 R/T

Been working on my 68 every chance I get.
Past few weekends - Rebuilt front suspension, installed PDB, cleaning up parts to re-install. Also started installing the air conditioning set up that I got from classic auto air.

JamieZ

Warmed up enough to give it a quick wash to get the mud off.  Still a bit too cold to give it a real wash and do the tires.

comet_666

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 04, 2015, 11:14:04 AM

Good Week...Registered my car for the first time since the early 80's, should be on the road by June!!!!!

Sweet, cant wait to pay the $130+ to NY for mine this year too...    :RantExplode:

Dans 68

Lets see...I picked up a rear defroster set-up for my '68, a cruise control set-up for my '68, a front drivers and passenger side front fenders (used) for the '68, a battery hold down for the '73, a radiator cap for the '73, a Motive power bleeder for use with both Chargers (with a few quarts DOT 4 brake fluid) and a Daytona wing (from Dane) (a future project!) that will be delivered in a few weeks. Both cars have been started every few weeks but not yet run on the road this year. Too much fun! And a lot of wrenching coming up.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

myk

Hotchkis TVS is installed, sent the car off to alignment...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Nothing.  I'm taking it out of storage tomorrow to check tire pressure and run it up and down the block  a bit.  I'm loading it up with 5 people on Saturday to take a 1 hour trip.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

just put the new exhaust manifold header gaskets in.  :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

grdprx

Been working on the transmission the last couple weeks.  The kick down lever on the valve body wasn't installed properly, I dropped the pan and fixed that.  There was a leak from the o-ring on the shaft that holds the reverse band adjuster, fixed that.  Then I buttoned it all up, and the neutral safety switch started leaking.  Couldn't find a replacement for my 68, so I ended up jimmy rigging it.  Sealed the outside with JB weld epoxy.  Seems to have stopped the leak for now. 
Kick down works again!   :drive:

Ghoste

Got it out of winter storage today and went for a short drive.

myk

Got a chance to flex the muscles of the Hotchkis TVS this evening...GOODBYE bump steer... :icon_smile_big:

Bob T

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 25, 2015, 10:04:03 PM
Lets see...I picked up a rear defroster set-up for my '68, a cruise control set-up for my '68, a front drivers and passenger side front fenders (used) for the '68, a battery hold down for the '73, a radiator cap for the '73, a Motive power bleeder for use with both Chargers (with a few quarts DOT 4 brake fluid) and a Daytona wing (from Dane) (a future project!) that will be delivered in a few weeks. Both cars have been started every few weeks but not yet run on the road this year. Too much fun! And a lot of wrenching coming up.

Dan

Hmmm, the cats out of the bag now   :whistling: :punkrocka:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JamieZ

Finally got the compressor painted.  It's been sitting around waiting for a break in the weather and today was warm enough.

Now I just need to reassemble everything.

kanadanmajava

Today I kicked out the broken windshield and removed the dashboard. I found out that the ('69) heater+A/C box was a lot heavier than I had imagined. I also found plenty of various critter nests.