News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yeah, thats kind of what I meant.  ;)  (cuz they always take a lot of good photos on that round stage thing of theirs)

keith88

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

71_Charger_R/T

Ghoste

Yeah, are you getting a lot of comments in public with it too Keith?

BrianShaughnessy

I got the steering column into Sinnamon.

With the warm spell this week you can smell the primer curing in the sun.  :)   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

keith88

Quote from: Ghoste on May 06, 2015, 09:18:20 PM
Yeah, are you getting a lot of comments in public with it too Keith?

Yea its a pretty big hit at shows and cruises to.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Dino

Been burning some more fuel.   :drive:

I changed out the 2.96 gears for 3.23's now that I have taller tires and I love them!  Dead silent gears as well.   :2thumbs:

I took a two hour drive today.  Spur of the moment thing, just driving around going nowhere in particular.  Perfect day as well with clear blue skies and 80 degrees.  It doesn't get much better than this.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Glad to see that you and the car are out and about despite school.  Did you notice that big of a difference with the gear change?  I'm not overly fond of my 2.76 or whatever's back there lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

School is over now so I have some time.  :2thumbs:

The difference is not huge, but it's enough to notice.  It feels like it used to when I ran 2.96 with a 26" tall tire.  Once I upgraded to a 28" tall tire, the gear got taller so that is now corrected.  My old gears also had a loud hum under load and these are super quiet so cruising at 40-50 is like floating on a cloud.   :icon_smile_big:

If you want more oomph, shorter gears are needed; I'm not winning any races with these.  I still have a 3.55 set as a backup as well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

I'm thinking 3.23's for my car.  I really wish I was closer to the rest of you guys so we could all go for a drive.

In other news, I decided to postpone my electric headlight door conversion and bought new vacuum pods to repair the system.  So what does the ebay seller do?  He ships them to his OWN ADDRESS... :lol: ::) :brickwall:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

If I ever drive to LA you'll have to at least cruise that far up the coast Myk.  ;)

myk

JamieZ

Finally got the reverse lights working:

Before the weather turned I managed to diagnose the problem as the harness which ran from the trans to the firewall.  So when spring rolled around I decided to swap the harness.
I expected removing the original and installing the new one would be the difficult part, but it turned out to be painless. 
The problem was when everything was done the lights still didn't work.
I did some trouble shooting and found out that some how during the installation one of the female connectors on the firewall got pushed back through the plastic block.  Unfortunately, no amount of fishing with various tools could snag it and pull it back through.  The giant heater/ac box makes the connector completely inaccessible from within the car unless you pull the dash.

Since the dash had to come out I figured it was time to replace the non-functional speedo as well.  So now the car sits with the dash out, but the speedo replaced.  At least the reverse lights work for the first time since I've owned the car.  I just need to put the dash back in (for the 4th time).

moparjohn

I had the seats recovered in the original black leather, (thanks Brian!!!) with new foam, and new carpet too!  New vintage style floormats are on order. MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

GordonGriggs

I finally found a set of 8 1/2 inch wide rims for the back. Got them off of ebay. Ive been looking for over a year.

charger1972

New 15 x 8 alum slots and M/T ET street radials .

69wannabe

Went for a nice drive today, drove around town for about an hour or so just taking in the warm dry weather for a change!!! It really needs a good bath but my time was limited so we went for drive instead of washing it which take's awhile!!  :yesnod: Got several thumb's up and wave's from other driver's and the old charger ran great so all and all a great day.  ;D

el dub

Had a bung welded on header and then the carb tuned a whole lot better.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

HeavyFuel

Added these resonators to help with the maddening exhaust drone.   They worked.   :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

I put almost 300 miles on mine this weekend. Cruising EVERYWHERE.

freddyd02

Got the wiring finally complete. Now to fine tune everything, exhaust, interior etc etc

Bob T

I got out to a coffee and cars gig the other weekend for the first time after 4 1/2 months away, the old car is going good, had forgotten what its like to drive it again.
Caught up with a mate along the way and we swapped keys and I drove his Aussie 71 Valiant Hardtop, neat car - it has a 500cui stroker 440, makes 620 or so and does a 12.4. Quick shifter and just comes on strong, made my old car look like a slug.

Caught up with another mate there with his R4 4 speed Daytona.

Top morning out.  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

johnnycharger

Finished painting my grille and then put the car in a small show at the high school.

Charger-Bodie

Installed a built 440 and a new clutch in the 68.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: HeavyFuel on May 12, 2015, 07:44:21 AM
Added these resonators to help with the maddening exhaust drone.   They worked.   :2thumbs:

That is one purdy looking undercarriage!  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster