News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

timmycharger

test fitted the pump, pulleys and compressor. Still need to fab some spacers for the alternator, just getting everything to line up first. So far so good, need to modify the post for the alternator a tad, but the stock bracket worked well. Had some issues with the Classic air compressor brackets with the Eddy heads but would have been fine on a stock set.

myk

Got my headlight doors working again.  A lot of hose, a new vacuum switch and bypassing the canister got the job done.  Are the repro's for the can still out there? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

RIDELIKEHELL

I needed new rubber so I went with a 17" X 8" front rim up front down from an 18" x 8 ". I also removed my lowering blocks so I now have some rake  :2thumbs: Went with BFG Sport Comp 2's
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

:2thumbs: Also bought a pie plate and wrinkle finish Air Cleaner
AMD POSTER BOY

myk

100% awesome.  What wheels are those again?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

BLK 68 R/T

Just ordered a stage 3 power steering box from Firm Feel. ~3 weeks out.

myk

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on June 09, 2015, 11:41:13 AM
BOSS 338'S myk  :2thumbs: THX

No thank YOU.  If and when I decide to go to a wider rear wheel that's EXACTLY what I'll get...

tcs69rt

RIDELIKEHELL beautiful 68 Sir  :cheers: What affect are you using for the pics that create the....I don't know how to describe it  :shruggy: brushed look in the pics? Great tree background too! Thanks! TC
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Ghoste

And let me tell you, his car looks every bit as great in person.  :yesnod: :drool5:

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: tcs69rt on June 09, 2015, 04:02:21 PM
RIDELIKEHELL beautiful 68 Sir  :cheers: What affect are you using for the pics that create the....I don't know how to describe it  :shruggy: brushed look in the pics? Great tree background too!

Thanks HDR CAMERA APP

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,117289.0.html

THX!
AMD POSTER BOY

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on June 10, 2015, 06:40:28 AM
Quote from: tcs69rt on June 09, 2015, 04:02:21 PM
RIDELIKEHELL beautiful 68 Sir  :cheers: What affect are you using for the pics that create the....I don't know how to describe it  :shruggy: brushed look in the pics? Great tree background too!

Thanks HDR CAMERA APP

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,117289.0.html

THX!
My avatar has the effect...sweet! thanks Marc!!

timmycharger

Finally got my Lakewood Bellhousing dialed in, since my bellhousing was sort of gouged in the bore area, giving me crazy dial indicator readings, I went with the Browell tool, basically go or no go gauge. Ended up needing a .021 offset dowell that I got at RobbMC as I heard that others are not ideal. Getting the old ones out was fun, vice grip and hammer didnt work, so first I drilled them out and tapped it for a zerk fitting, that didnt work, almost blew up my grease gun.  I ended up drilling it and tapping it for a 3/8 bolt and it worked like a charm.  I think I got the runout close to 0 as possible, I cant get a feeler gauge anywhere in there now.   This was a pain but neccessary, my Passon transmission's warranty is void if I didnt do this step.

Lennard

Quote from: timmycharger on June 07, 2015, 06:19:55 PM
test fitted the pump, pulleys and compressor. Still need to fab some spacers for the alternator, just getting everything to line up first. So far so good, need to modify the post for the alternator a tad, but the stock bracket worked well. Had some issues with the Classic air compressor brackets with the Eddy heads but would have been fine on a stock set.
Your anti sway bar is mounted upside down.

timmycharger

[/quote]
[/quote]

Doh!!    :brickwall:  I never even noticed it. Whats funny is I put that on about 8 years ago, it should be pretty simple to flip, thank you!

Lennard

Quote from: timmycharger on June 12, 2015, 11:51:36 AM

Doh!!    :brickwall:  I never even noticed it. Whats funny is I put that on about 8 years ago, it should be pretty simple to flip, thank you!
[/quote]
:2thumbs:

bakerhillpins

Well, I don't have any exciting pics but I was finally able to replace all the slave brake cylinders, rebuilt brakes all around (drum), new shocks, replaced the thrashed battery cables, new battery, and replaced the sway bar links. When I burn the fuel down below half a tank Ill replace the fuel hose that connects the lines to the tank as it's a bit dry rotted. She moved on her own power for the first time this year today. The brakes are still a bit soft so I have to review my initial shoe set and need to pick up a vacuum bleeder ( Any recommendations? ) as the fronts were giving me fits. Those bleeder nipples are jammed in there tight.  :RantExplode:

Now if I only had time to get to all the "other" crap I noticed in the process.  :brickwall:   I have to say. It's sooooooo hard not to succumb to the just take it all apart now and get it all done. I have this problem with house projects but man I can't tell you how many times I said to my self, "come back to that later"...
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ws23rt

:2thumbs: As with things that need to be done to the house--there is always something that needs to be done to the car.
For me when something is completely done something is lost. :cheers:

303 Mopar

Took her to her first show of the year.  With all the rain and hail here, many shows have been cancelled.  I happend to park next to this beautiful '73.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

myk

Quote from: ws23rt on June 13, 2015, 07:55:08 PM
:2thumbs: As with things that need to be done to the house--there is always something that needs to be done to the car.
For me when something is completely done something is lost. :cheers:

I wish this is something people, including some car fans, would understand about these machines.  Whenever I go to a show/cruise, I like to return to my car pretending to be just another part of the crowd, just so I can listen to what people say about the car.  What I hear most about it are comments questioning why isn't "this, that or the other thing done yet."  Well, if someone gave me about $25K tomorrow I just MIGHT get a lot of stuff done, but not everything, not ever.  These cars will always be a project in the works, with the only destiny being that of constant change and re-evaluation.  Hell, I might even go lime/neon green one day, who knows... :coolgleamA:

Ghoste

So right, and one of the reasons I really don't enjoy having the car out there on display.  Ironically, the times when there really is something wrong with the car and I'm embarrassed about it, like if it were to overheat and have steam coming off the grille, for sure there would be a crowd telling me how awesome the car is and the problem du jour doesn't matter. ;D

RallyeMike

Put the wheels off my race car on the 500...... I think I like it better than the 5-spoke Americans.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/