News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

1973rallye

1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

GT

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

timmycharger

Inching closer to dropping the body on the engine/trans.  Need to square away the belts and install the headers permanently after I get the correct bolts. This may be running by the end of the month!

kanadanmajava

I went investigating markings from my rear axle. It is supposed to be from a '68 R/T but I'm doubting it. I tried to take the left rear wheel off and I was pretty sure that there was supposed to be left hand threads. But apparently some former owner has changed them to more normal studs.

But how do I know that they have been swapped and they aren't original ones? Because three of them have lost their grip to the axle flange and they rotate pretty freely. The brake drum has vanished somewhere so I can feel the rotating stud ends with my fingers. Quite annoying.

Bob T

Got some new 295/50/15's and new Bilsteins fitted last weekend and had a guy call to film it for some local tv program today. Sweet, bit of extra gas money  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Musicman

Very Cool Bob! Congratulations!!!

Myself, I flew from CT to TX to pick up some used quarters for my restoration. One of the quarters (drivers side) had some minor damage that had been repaired by a monkey who only made it look worse, easy fix however. Rented a small moving truck and drove back picking up and delivering parts for others folks along the way, including a couple of used fenders for myself in OK. Good trip... Cope Racing Transmissions was one of the stops along the way, so I got a chance to talk to John for a bit before hitting the road again. We got back to CT in one piece with the used quarters and fenders, so the restoration continues. Should be getting ready for paint pretty soon.

plum500

Dashing...and these paint markers with about a 1" thick square and solid tip, work great for touching up trim....

comet_666

It's finally in the shop so I can finish working on it and mating it to the 512.

comet_666

JR

Im gonna make a build thread once im done, but i finally resprayed my 70 last weekend. Here are some teaser pics. I still have to cut and buff the paint and do final assembly. I couldnt help driving it around town today, though. Two solid months of body and paint work.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

myk

Niiiiiice.  What would be nicer are some side and ass shots!

Meanwhile, I was on my way to Carlsbad Cars and Coffee this morning when my fuel pump died.  Joy! 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

JR

Thanks myk. Ill post up more pics when i finish it. I still have to cut and buff some of the paint, finish final assembly, and i bought a gloss black bumblebee tail stripe i still have to put on as well. Ill have more pics soon though.

ottawamerc

Came 2nd out of 15 entries in the fathers day show and shine burnout contest :icon_smile_big:

Scott :cheers:
https://youtu.be/_BBZ2uphjWk
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Musicman

Love that color JR  :2thumbs:

Here's a few new ones from my 67 restoration... Drivers side is nearly complete, working on the passenger side now.
There'a few more pictures over on the shops Spacebook page as well. Stop by and comment if you like, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :cheers:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-Hollow-Enterprises-LLC/288051231351012

plum500

Small switch panel for some accessories, a trunk release button, and a power indicator from my trunk battery cut-off switch setup...

Ghoste

Finally!!!  Got my thermostat housing changed out and trashed the warped leaky chrome plated piece of turd that was on there.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Ghoste on June 26, 2015, 08:19:59 AM
Finally!!!  Got my thermostat housing changed out and trashed the warped leaky chrome plated piece of turd that was on there.

Every chrome t-stat housing has leaked on me too.....
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Ghoste

They're garbage.  This one was painted so I didn't realize it was chrome until I took it off.  The leak had been there but was small until recently.

JR

Thanks Musicman, the yellow has really grown on me.

Im happy with these. Ive always wanted hood turn signal indicators, but my 70 wasnt ordered with them, and 200 bucks for repop light assemblies just didnt make any sense to me. So last week I did some digging around and found some waterproof LEDs that were close in size to the hole in the housing, and 40 bucks later, voilia!

tcs69rt

Tired of the tranny leak from the cork gasket, took advice on here and the part number for the Mopar gasket = no more leak!

I posted this pic on facebook and said "Cue the Bad Company music!" Nobody got my joke, I guess nobody saw the Craftsman commercial yet?
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

timmycharger

Dropped the body on the dolly, no real drama, had to deal with some clearance issues on the firewall seam as expected with the Lakewood. The torsion bars were a pain, I need to invest in the proper tool.

VegasCharger

myk

Just finished a power tour of local San Diego car shows/cruises/meets.  There were events at night and even some as early as 6 AM which was a real struggle for me lol.  Heck at one show there were over 400 cars!  Here's me and Sunkiss leaving the last stop this morning...

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

twenty mike mike

I was going to install my Hotchkis leaf springs, but when I took the old springs off (probably the originals from the car's 6 cylinder days) I noticed the area where the front bracket attaches is bare metal. I thought Ma dipped these cars in primer and painted them without the suspension in place. There is just enough surface rust to need corrosion control, so I just temporarily hung the springs in place without attaching them to the axle to keep them from being underfoot in the garage.

Speaking of the shock/spring plates, I was thinking of getting them powder coated, but remembered that I had seen them new someplace. But now I can't find that someplace. I've checked the usual suspects with no luck. Maybe I'm  using the wrong name, but the parts book says 1856346-7 Plate W/Stud.

Anyone know if they are available new?