News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1973rallye

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 27, 2015, 10:41:03 PM
Quote from: 1973rallye on June 14, 2015, 07:17:51 PM
New hood blackout.

Very nice Raymond :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That is one nice looking 73 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thanks Bryan a few parts from you helped
Me complete this car. Four more years until retirement then I hope to show this car at a few US shows including Vegas. I will definitely be looking you up. You're one of a select group like acudanut(lol) who really appreciate these cars.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

BrianShaughnessy

Pushed the fuel filler pipe in the tank.  Mounted a ballast resistor and voltage regulator.  Poured 4 gallons of 93 into it.  Rigged up a hot wire and fired up Sinnamon for the first time in over 30 years.

Dizzy was 180 out.   The water neck gasket leaks.   Had to fight with centering the PS box which kicked over full left as soon as the engine started.

It's not road worthy or even fully functional but it sounded pretty good. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

JamieZ

Pulled it out of the garage so I could do some maintenance on the Jeep.

Unfortunately I didn't get it parked beck in quite the right spot so I'll have to take it out again.
Darn.
:)

JR

Installed the bumblebee stripe from Phenix Graphics this week.

My car originally had the "C" pinstripes that ran from the door scoops back, but ive ran those long enough that i wanted a change. I still plan to make a start to finish build thread of the bodywork. Just have a few more details i want to finish first.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Dino

Looking good!  Nice wheels as well.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JR

myk

That's a straight stripe application.  Good work!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

JR

Thanks guys, i appreciate it! Im going to make the complete paint refresh before and after thread soon, just a few more details.

Ghoste

I kind of like them better without the C stripe anyway personally.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on July 16, 2015, 12:30:43 PM
I kind of like them better without the C stripe anyway personally.

Agreed.  I love the body so much I don't want anything interrupting it.  Stripes, emblems, decals, whatever.  Like a Playboy centerfold the body should just be naked at all times...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

comet_666

Starting the interior install

303 Mopar

Added front power discs from Dr. Diff.  I had to widen the booster hole 1/4" for the correct disc-drum booster.  I added a 3/8" fuel line (from inline tube) to be my main line and moved the current 5/16" to be the return line.  Finally I changed my fuel pump push rod because it was about an 1/8" off.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

GeneralLee440

I took the front clip off to start the resto on my General Lee project. Its gonna be a long term project as I dont have alot of extra money after all the bills are paid and the family gets what they need....as most of us have to do. But it will get done, slowly but surely. I also took the Chrysler Imperial tilt telescopic steering column out, power steering pump and also starting scraping the old undercoating off

Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

freddyd02

You should start your own build thread so we can all follow along and see your progress  :2thumbs:

plum500

Finished the metal work on my relocate the plate project...

nvrbdn

I got the front end rebuilt and just did the alignment. finally back on the road. just in time for a show this Saturday. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

scott1973

Dino

Removed the interior behind the front seats in preparation to install some better seat belts.  While I'm at it I think I may pull the rest of the interior, pull the doors and install all these goodies I've had for so long: power windows with one touch feature and vent option , power doors, power trunk, remote starter, alarm and off course the key fob to control it all.   :coolgleamA:

That'll also be the perfect time to install the vent window seals and roof rail seals because this baby's howlin'!

You know, I always wanted one of those seat belt warning lights on the dash, but how are those connected?  Were they a C body thing?  Did those belts have sensors?

JamieZ

Quote from: Dino on July 21, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
You know, I always wanted one of those seat belt warning lights on the dash, but how are those connected?  Were they a C body thing?  Did those belts have sensors?
I know in the E body challengers it's actually 2 parts.  The belts have wiring that goes into the buckle part and the seats have wiring that goes to a weight sensor.

Dino

Quote from: JamieZ on July 21, 2015, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: Dino on July 21, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
I know in the E body challengers it's actually 2 parts.  The belts have wiring that goes into the buckle part and the seats have wiring that goes to a weight sensor.

I didn't even consider a weight sensor but that would be a must!  I'm calling seat belt planet tomorrow so I'll ask if a sensor on the buckle is an option.  I can install that and a weight sensor but that's pretty much as far as I want to go to install a light nobody cares about.   :lol:

Thanks Jamie    :cheers:

cdr

I know its summer time but i had to replace my heater core,, when i rebuilt the ac/heater box i had pressure tested the heater core & it passed, well soon as i hooked up the hoses last year it leaked, :RantExplode:  :brickwall: so i had to pull it all apart again  & replace it. so now i have heat LOL, I also have a/c  :yesnod:

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Stevearino

Quote from: cdr on July 24, 2015, 05:09:14 PM
I know its summer time but i had to replace my heater core,, when i rebuilt the ac/heater box i had pressure tested the heater core & it passed, well soon as i hooked up the hoses last year it leaked, :RantExplode:  :brickwall: so i had to pull it all apart again  & replace it. so now i have heat LOL, I also have a/c  :yesnod:

Lucky for you it is mounted in an easy to access area :smilielol: Great job for a warm summer day.

myk

I used my car as inspiration for a video game car model in Forza 4... :smilielol:

Dino

I called it names after I came home to find a small puddle of coolant under the car...over a week after putting it on stands.  Why it decided to leak now is a mystery to me.  The leak is coming from the block where the lower hose attaches.  It looked like the coolant got pushed up and then ran down the hose.  Weird.  Oh well, I'm yanking the engine this fall anyway so what's another leak...