News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

didn't like how the 2 inner tail light bulbs are  brighter than the other 4. I rewired them to now be part of the brake and indicator light.

Charger-Bodie

They were brighter because they had the wrong bulbs. Very simple fix. Just get the right bulbs.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

grdprx

Limped it home at 10 mph, sounds like something broke in the rear.  I was proceeding from a stop sign and there was a big bang that shook the car, popped the glove box open even.  As I proceeded to pull the side of the road, it sounded like something was rotating and slapping the body.  I couldn't see anything after multiple inspections..  Car would coast downhill ok, up to 15-20 mph; but the moment I put any gas into it, the noise came back.  Turning also created some different noise, like stressing the axle or gear.  It's weird though, it sounds like something is slapping the body with every rotation of the wheel.  Is it possible something exploded in the brake drum?  But like I said, it coasts freely, so there isn't anything impeding free motion. 
I got it home, I'll have to look at it and see what I find.  Never worked on the rear end / axles before.

cdr

got my new glass 70 Road Runner hood   :nana:  & had to install extra hood pins, also made an upper air dam.

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Went out for a ride this morning -  These are fun cars.  

When I got home, I found dirt behind the wheels.  So I spent about an hour cleaning - the dirt, the wheel wells, the bumpers, and grill.  

In the process I found a hornet in the grill - maybe a super bee -  felt bad for the poor guy, but took a picture so he can be remembered.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

69wannabe

Finally got caught up on all the small job's that I have taken in lately and got a chance to give the old charger a good bath!! It wasn't filthy but it was due a good washing. Just got a concrete pad poured in front of my shop so I was able to wash the charger without having to drive it in the dirt,grass and mud after I washed it. Dried it off good and took it for a drive!! Very happy with the old car lately, been driving it a couple day's a week lately without any troubles thank goodness!!!  ;D I hope it stays that way for a change!! Done quite a bit of work to it this year beginning in january with new lifters and rocker arm adjuster's then upgraded my ignition system with a few firecore items and then done some bulkhead bypassing for the charging system. It could use a light coat of wax so maybe that will be on the to do list if I don't get covered up with any more mechanic work!!

plum500

Made some Mopar-ish badging and finished up my hood scoop. Going for a patina'd look on certain aspects of the car...this being one of them --fibreglass scoop took a long time. Going to bolt on when the time comes.

comet_666

Got some interior done.

freddyd02

Quote from: grdprx on August 14, 2015, 12:36:50 PM
Limped it home at 10 mph, sounds like something broke in the rear.  I was proceeding from a stop sign and there was a big bang that shook the car, popped the glove box open even.  As I proceeded to pull the side of the road, it sounded like something was rotating and slapping the body.  I couldn't see anything after multiple inspections..  Car would coast downhill ok, up to 15-20 mph; but the moment I put any gas into it, the noise came back.  Turning also created some different noise, like stressing the axle or gear.  It's weird though, it sounds like something is slapping the body with every rotation of the wheel.  Is it possible something exploded in the brake drum?  But like I said, it coasts freely, so there isn't anything impeding free motion. 
I got it home, I'll have to look at it and see what I find.  Never worked on the rear end / axles before.

Did you find out what it was?  :scratchchin:

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

GeneralLee440

Quote from: comet_666 on August 17, 2015, 06:47:33 PM
Dakota Digital

Yea I was gonna ask the same thing, looks bad ass!!!
I love the look
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

GeneralLee440

Quote from: comet_666 on August 17, 2015, 04:16:39 PM
Got some interior done.

What kind of modification was there to install those gauges? This might be the way im gonna go when I get to the interior

EDIT; I checked out Dakota Digital and those gauges are a direct bolt in. Thats awesome!
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

1970Moparmann

Direct bolt on, but some minor adds.  There is a conversion box between the original wires and the new cluster.  Also, a few new wires need to be ran.   Thinking about getting them myself.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

comet_666

Yah I spliced 4 or 5 wires into stock harness. As soon as I can make sure it works i'll post on what I did.

will

Just got air conditioning going after 19 years of ownership. Thank you CAA.

grdprx

Quote from: freddyd02 on August 17, 2015, 05:54:46 PM
Quote from: grdprx on August 14, 2015, 12:36:50 PM

Did you find out what it was?  :scratchchin:

It wasn't a happy ending..  I have a thread over in the Engine section with pics.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,119458.msg1483134.html#msg1483134

comet_666

Installed trunk mat. Had to modify it due to the mini tub. Matt still needs to settle in.

HeavyFuel

Brake pedal went to the floor the other day, thankfully it was when backing out of the garage.

Nice two-year-old Cardone brake caliper seals shit the bed.  What a mess (silicone brake fluid).

I have a caliper seal kit from a few years back intended for my original calipers...that I never used.  Gonna give those a try in the Cardone cores.

Anybody know anything about silicone brake fluid and seal compatibility?

ODZKing

Quote from: HeavyFuel on August 24, 2015, 08:15:49 AM
Brake pedal went to the floor the other day, thankfully it was when backing out of the garage.

Nice two-year-old Cardone brake caliper seals shit the bed.  What a mess (silicone brake fluid).

I have a caliper seal kit from a few years back intended for my original calipers...that I never used.  Gonna give those a try in the Cardone cores.

I considered changing over to Dot 5 from the older stuff. Doesn't eat the paint I'm told. But after doing research and many folks telling me that I can just drain the old stuff and replace with new, I found that NOT to be true. Apparently it is only for when you are replacing lines and everything fresh with no residue from the old fluid(s).
When the old fluid mixes with the new, it will (apparently) eat anything that is rubber.  Hoses, seals, etc.
So I decided, even if there is a grain of truth in it, it was not the time to be changing to a different fluid.
I don't know your situation or installation procedure, but if you didn't drain and flush all the old stuff, I'd be interested to see if this theory is true. Just going by what I've read.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: ODZKing on August 24, 2015, 09:57:49 AM
Quote from: HeavyFuel on August 24, 2015, 08:15:49 AM

I considered changing over to Dot 5 from the older stuff. Doesn't eat the paint I'm told. But after doing research and many folks telling me that I can just drain the old stuff and replace with new, I found that NOT to be true. Apparently it is only for when you are replacing lines and everything fresh with no residue from the old fluid(s).
When the old fluid mixes with the new, it will (apparently) eat anything that is rubber.  Hoses, seals, etc.
So I decided, even if there is a grain of truth in it, it was not the time to be changing to a different fluid.
I don't know your situation or installation procedure, but if you didn't drain and flush all the old stuff, I'd be interested to see if this theory is true. Just going by what I've read.

That is interesting....about the mixture being corrosive, but not the pure form.

My system was completely replaced stem to stern during the resto.  Master cylinder, lines, calipers, hoses....the works.  

I contacted Harmon's and they say that their seals are DOT 5 compatible.  The set I currently have and hope to use is from Acushnet Tools....waiting for a response on compatibility.  (EDIT: talked to them on the phone...their parts are silicone compatable.  Guess I'm rebuilding calipers tonight.   :yesnod:)

comet_666

Rear seat belts, modified rear seat back and test fitting modified seat bottom.

Rosco

Got it back home from the blasters, after a clean and a coat of primer.
Now to start on all the hard work!

And then made a little decorative touch, with a souvenier from my trip to the USA last month!

"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

With Comet666's help I got my XV Shoulder belts installed.  I had to ditch the female end of the belt because it was too short.  I'm too short also so the belt is halfway across my neck and chest.  Ah well.

I also got the plug N play Firecore distributor installed; the car is a different animal.  If any of you are considering Firecore just DO IT.

Discovered that I forgot to install the bump stops on my Hotchkis pieces up front-I'll get that tomorrow...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"