News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

Drove mine to work.  Never did that before but I figured it was well sorted enough for the short trip.

Discovered that my headlights were misaligned and the main dash connector must be loose, because when i hit a bump I lost the fuel, temp, and oil gauges until I gave them a rap.

Otherwise it was nice to see it in the parking lot with all those newer cars

twenty mike mike

I'm finally getting around to installing my new cam, and while cleaning up the block I noticed the front cam bearing didn't look so great. So I replaced it. The rest didn't look so bad that I felt the need to replace them, particularly since the engine is in the car.

Dino

-Replaced the gas tank and straps
-Replaced the leaf spring rear bushings
-Removed the battery, hood, front bumper, front valance, and front panel including grille
-Removed radiator, shroud, fan, a/c condensor and lines
-Removed headers and starter
-Removed all underhood wiring and linkage
-Pulled the engine
-Dropped the transmission
-Removed alternator, power steering pump, water pump, a/c compressor, damper, pulleys, brackets, engine mounts
-Stripped paint from engine
-Removed steering box and steering column
-Removed instrument cluster
-Stripped blue paint from steering box and cleaned the cast iron
-Removed steering linkage and cleaned it all up
-Removed front suspension and started cleaning it up
-Stripped the engine bay from bolt ons and paint and made a patch panel to go under the battery tray
-Cleaned the washer bottle, washer nozzles and hoses that were covered in black paint, and painted the nozzles.
-Restored the power window motors, regulators, switches, and wiring
-Removed the back seat and rear panels, upper and lower.  Got it ready to install custom seat belts
-Installed power window switches in rear panel

That's about it so far.  Tomorrow the old suspension bushing will be removed, K member dropped and sway bar and strut rods removed.

Next up is reinforcing the K member and pretty soon it'll be time to start painting some stuff.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn Dino! Talk about taking care of business!  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 29, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

Thanks!   :cheers:

I think I may be slightly disturbed for doing this.   :lol:

I won't be able to do everything such as redoing the interior or install that 6 speed, but it'll be a night and day difference.  I'm also installing the alarm system and one touch modules for the power windows.  Everything tested great on the bench, now all I have to do is install those millions of wires.   :icon_smile_big:

Oh yeah, and I'm replacing vent seals, which I have, and roof rail seals, which I also have but they don't have that lip for the quarter windws so I need to buy a new set.  It would be a shame to do all this work and not address the wind noise.   :eek2:

keith88

Took out painted my back up lights/housing and cleaned everything up replaced with led and reinstalled way brighter. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

69wannabe

I love your front tag Keith!!!  I had one basically identical to it on my charger for years!!! I still have it somewhere but I haven't seen it in a long time...

myk

Quote from: Dino on August 29, 2015, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 29, 2015, 10:25:19 PM

Thanks!   :cheers:

I think I may be slightly disturbed for doing this.   :lol:

I won't be able to do everything such as redoing the interior or install that 6 speed, but it'll be a night and day difference.  I'm also installing the alarm system and one touch modules for the power windows.  Everything tested great on the bench, now all I have to do is install those millions of wires.   :icon_smile_big:

Oh yeah, and I'm replacing vent seals, which I have, and roof rail seals, which I also have but they don't have that lip for the quarter windws so I need to buy a new set.  It would be a shame to do all this work and not address the wind noise.   :eek2:

I thought the wind noise was normal lol.  I mean the car is shaped like a sexy brick after all...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

white

Took my 68 r/t to its first car show, had lots fun and meet so many people who used to own a 68 and wished they did not sell it.

comet_666

Finally started on engine.

comet_666

comet_666

dual fours

Decided to get the old girl up and running.
After general maintenance /repair or replacement of parts, it should be on the road soon.
Click on the pictures and turn up the volume, stereo speakers are great.
First video is the first start up in 28 years. (with fuel sprayed in to the carburetors)
Second video is third start up. (with fuel line hooked up)
After video opens, click on the diagonal pointing white arrows bottom right of screen.  

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

303 Mopar

I was using a lift in my buddy's shop to change the rear main and install a windage tray on my 440 today, when this beautiful '70 rolled in for new fuel lines, tank and pump.  Not too often that he gets two 2nd gen Chargers at the same time.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

myk

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 04, 2015, 09:56:03 PM
I was using a lift in my buddy's shop to change the rear main and install a windage tray on my 440 today, when this beautiful '70 rolled in for new fuel lines, tank and pump.  Not too often that he gets two 2nd gen Chargers at the same time.

Talk about getting to work on a pair of beautiful twins-that's a rarity indeed.

Anyway,  today I replaced the plug wires I burnt on the headers last week, installed my XV shoulder belts, killed most of my off-idle hesitation so that I can peel out again.  maybe I won't have to get that Proform Carb after all...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ottawamerc

Quote from: Dino on August 29, 2015, 09:10:44 PM
-Replaced the gas tank and straps
-Replaced the leaf spring rear bushings
-Removed the battery, hood, front bumper, front valance, and front panel including grille
-Removed radiator, shroud, fan, a/c condensor and lines
-Removed headers and starter
-Removed all underhood wiring and linkage
-Pulled the engine
-Dropped the transmission
-Removed alternator, power steering pump, water pump, a/c compressor, damper, pulleys, brackets, engine mounts
-Stripped paint from engine
-Removed steering box and steering column
-Removed instrument cluster
-Stripped blue paint from steering box and cleaned the cast iron
-Removed steering linkage and cleaned it all up
-Removed front suspension and started cleaning it up
-Stripped the engine bay from bolt ons and paint and made a patch panel to go under the battery tray
-Cleaned the washer bottle, washer nozzles and hoses that were covered in black paint, and painted the nozzles.
-Restored the power window motors, regulators, switches, and wiring
-Removed the back seat and rear panels, upper and lower.  Got it ready to install custom seat belts
-Installed power window switches in rear panel

That's about it so far.  Tomorrow the old suspension bushing will be removed, K member dropped and sway bar and strut rods removed.

Next up is reinforcing the K member and pretty soon it'll be time to start painting some stuff.   :2thumbs:

Hell Dino what did you do in the afternoon then!! :rofl:  WTG on all that done!

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dino

In the afternoon I had a beer!   :lol:

Next week the K member is being cleaned, then it's welding time!

67440chrg

I removed the 2 1/4" tailpipes with the rust holes. I put 2 1/2" turn downs on at the mufflers, Im thinking it needed to breath better anyway. Last year I put a bigger cam and aluminum heads on and never did  any exhaust work. Maybe this winter I can put a TTI system on it. For now it sounds good but loud which aint always a bad thing.

twenty mike mike

Installed the Crower cam, chain, oil slinger and timing cover. The timing cover's holes were just a shade smaller than the locating pins, so they had to be relieved a scosh. Installed the lifters and the heads.

Next up, the Powerforce harmonic balancer.

Slowpoke

Tried to start the beast for the first time in about six years. Drained the old gas, primed the oil. some fresh gas and a battery.
primed the carb and she fired right up but would not stay running, low pressure appears the fuel pump diaphragm has gotten weak.
o well  ordered new one and will try again in a few days.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

chargerperson

Brought my car home after a lengthy restoration - 18 months in total.  Picture of my 2009 5.7L 6spd Challenger and 67 Charger restomod (392, 6spd tremec, rms front and rear, wilwoods, vintage air) below.  

Quick video of me driving away shot by the owner of the restoration shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjPH7WfpKzs

Ghoste

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: chargerperson on September 07, 2015, 10:15:40 PM
Brought my car home after a lengthy restoration - 18 months in total.  Picture of my 2009 5.7L 6spd Challenger and 67 Charger restomod (392, 6spd tremec, rms front and rear, wilwoods, vintage air) below. 

Quick video of me driving away shot by the owner

Very nice!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

303 Mopar

Quote from: chargerperson on September 07, 2015, 10:15:40 PM
Brought my car home after a lengthy restoration - 18 months in total.  Picture of my 2009 5.7L 6spd Challenger and 67 Charger restomod (392, 6spd tremec, rms front and rear, wilwoods, vintage air) below. 

Quick video of me driving away shot by the owner

Do you have glasspacks on your exhaust?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

chargerperson

303 Mopar

Car does not have glasspacks.  It does have headers and a 3" exhaust all the way back with flowmasters.  Engine is a brand new 392 hemi