News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 14, 2015, 09:23:54 PM
Dino what is that black cylinder that looks like the size of a propane tank?

That's the a/c dryer filter.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1BAD68

I put it away for the winter today, the latest it's ever been on the road. Usually I store my charger mid October

nvrbdn

nice storage area. tall enough for a lift so you can store 2 chargers. :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

71charger_fan

Getting closer. Keep finding PITA little things I missed when I ordered all the parts which I then have to wait for. Latest was a fan shroud. The one in my car was destroyed at the bottom and I don't have a clue how. Probably be ready to roll just in time to not drive it for the winter.

BrianShaughnessy

Sinnamon got splashed with some T5 tonight...  :)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 18, 2015, 11:28:48 PM

:2thumbs:

T5 is one of my favorite Charger colors.  :coolgleamA:

TPR

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 18, 2015, 11:28:48 PM

Oh yeah.  :drool5:
And now I see where her name comes from.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 20, 2015, 09:45:35 AM
When does the mural go on the trunk Brian?

It's not... the old decklid hangs in my garage.   Too far rusted to save.    Just putting stock black R/T stripe on it.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lord Warlock

Just doing wiring in motor bay, updated harness with new connections, removed voltage regulator and ballast resistor off firewall,  installed a new chromed one wire alternator, and put in a Firecore distributor today, installed a new radiator fan shroud, verified thermostat was in place (took it out at one time) removed the AC radiator that fits in front of the stock 26 inch radiator. reran all the plug wires to new distributor.  Getting ready to start again after a year or so of being disassembled.  Should be ready to go before going home for holiday this week.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

67440chrg

Filled it with fuel and added stabilizer. Will put drier sheets and moth balls in it this week.

Dino

I'm in the middle of fixing the grille.  The headlight buckets have been repaired, the headlight doors were straightened, one was bowed in really bad.  I tacked the center section piece back in place but have to finish plastic welding it and I need to make a few of the connecting fins that are missing.  It's under 40 degrees in my garage so I'm not to keen on working on it right now.  It's supposed to be around 50 on Thursday so I'll finish it then.  I'll probably have to wait until winter's over before it's warm enough to paint it.

I repaired all the wiring which is bak in the engine bay, just contemplating if I want a wrap on them or not.

The engine's ready for the cam swap and ressembly but I don't have the dough for the parts yet so that'll have to wait as well.  Same goes for the brake parts and exhaust.  As long as I can't sell my guitar and the few other things I have, this project is pretty much done except for those things that don't require more money such as restoring the grille and removing the black paint off the trans.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

I have to, and not just the guitar.  I'm also selling my GNX4 workstation and all my saxophones.  I don't play much anymore anyway and I want the car done.  I can always buy another guitar or sax when I'm done with grad school.  I've had these for many years so it's okay, time for someone else to enjoy them.

Dino

I have to, and not just the guitar.  I'm also selling my GNX4 workstation and all my saxophones.  I don't play much anymore anyway and I want the car done.  I can always buy another guitar or sax when I'm done with grad school.  I've had these for many years so it's okay, time for someone else to enjoy them.

myk

Well a man has to make those hard decisions; hats off to you then...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Musicman

Dino

Well it's not much of  hard decision when nothing is selling so you can put your hat back on for now.   :lol:

It's bittersweet really.  Selling the guitar is alright, I sold three of them a long while back and this is the last electric that I bought.  I still have my scratch built Telecaster and my classical guitar, both of which I'm keeping.  I also have three tenor saxophones and an alto, I "may" keep one tenor if it doesn't bring enough cash.  The only one that may hurt to let go is my baritone sax.  That was my main sax for many years and I love that thing.  Alas when I shipped it to my current home it got totally trashed.  Repair shops won't even touch it so I tried to fix it myself.  It's about 90% done but I just don't have the equipment to do it right and the tools are super expensive.  At ths point I can only give it away so it's staying, but I'm not sure why.  It almost makes me cry just looking at it.  I think I lot my real drive to play got lost when that sax got killed.  It's funny how these 'things" can affect you.

At this point I think I need to sell as much as I can, remember the good times and let go of the bad.  When the time comes there will be more gear to buy, enjoy, and create new memories with.

toocheaptosmoke

Getting the charger going at 6:00 AM these last couple days when it's 20* out, with no functioning choke, has been fun.  :lol:  No salt on the roads yet, but it was definitely snowing on the drive home last night! Need to put another 350 miles on it within a week so my oil will be ready for a change come spring time. 

chargerperson

Last drive of the year today before putting the car in storage.  It was great to have it for almost three months post restoration completion after having it off the road for 10 years!

Dino

Quote from: chargerperson on November 24, 2015, 06:13:32 PM
Last drive of the year today before putting the car in storage.  It was great to have it for almost three months post restoration completion after having it off the road for 10 years!

Gorgeous car.  Perfect wheels for it.   :2thumbs: