News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

took the animals out for a walk over the weekend. weather was nice.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

71charger_fan

Installed Laysons wheel opening moldings and updated the badging.

Chippa

Updated the ignition system in my girl (Firecore).....Sorry for the blurry Pic

cbrestorations

built an engine real quick and about to make this ol girl breathe again after 30 years on sitting.

VegasCharger

Looks like you're going to drop it in that 70 in your garage :2thumbs:

I see the newer style water pump housing as well.

:cheers:

cbrestorations

71charger_fan

That's the same water pump housing that was on my 400 when I yanked it out of a junked '77 Cordoba.

The70RT

got the rear bumper and tail panel trim on.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dino

Nice ass! Okay that didn't sound right...

Love that freshly painted engine as well, I can't wait to do mine.

It's still kinda cold in the garage but I did manage to get some stuff done:

The new power window modules are installed and wired up. The alarm and remote starter will be done next week. I'm waiting for a few parts to arrive, one of them being the accessory fuse box. Once I have all that I can finish the electrical upgrades.

The door glass/vent seals will be here next week as well but I have a few more things to do before I can assemble the doors again such as weld the new roller pins on the regulators and weld that bottom bracket onto the vent window frame as it snapped off. 

In the meantime I started the quarter window swap from manual to power. I removed everything from the driver side and cleaned up the bracket and rollers. I just stuck the power reg with motor and the old cleaned up rollers back in the quarter so in a few I'll be installing the bracket and stops and button everything up. I'll do the other side tomorrow.

I also need to replace the roof rail weatherstripping so I'm off to look for a how-to here!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JR

Remote start is an interesting idea Dino, Ive never considered one before, but it makes sense with EFI.

Which alarm/remote start are you using?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Dino

Quote from: JR on February 27, 2016, 10:52:20 PM
Remote start is an interesting idea Dino, Ive never considered one before, but it makes sense with EFI.

Which alarm/remote start are you using?

Avital 5303

Any made by DEI would be alright.   :yesnod:

VegasCharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on February 27, 2016, 10:30:02 AM
no its just an old truck waterpump housing

What I meant was you're using the water pump housing that has lower hose exit on the pass. side instead of the driver's side. I believe the conversion by Chrysler was made in 1972. I made that comment because it appears you're going to stick that motor in the Charger in the background (garage) which is a 70 and that would've had an w/p housing lower hose exit on the driver's side.

I know knit picking  :lol:

cbrestorations

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 28, 2016, 01:00:25 AM
Quote from: cbrestorations on February 27, 2016, 10:30:02 AM
no its just an old truck waterpump housing

What I meant was you're using the water pump housing that has lower hose exit on the pass. side instead of the driver's side. I believe the conversion by Chrysler was made in 1972. I made that comment because it appears you're going to stick that motor in the Charger in the background (garage) which is a 70 and that would've had an w/p housing lower hose exit on the driver's side.

I know knit picking  :lol:

yea, all this guy wanted was a running driving charger with a 440 and didnt care what it was, just running with a big block. but being the nice guy i beeze...ive already donated time and money to this guy making his engine look propper and run better by finding an engine for him, tearing it apart and inspecting, donating a small performance cam, roller chain, having heads checked out, blasting all parts, por15 the engine, painting all brackets and manifolds and then assembling engine. to then find out he was just going to sell it anyway...oh well, atleast it may bring future buisness. shiny engine in a rust bucket lol

Dino

The driver side quarter window is powered and works great. I also installed new cat whiskers and a new roof rail seal.

This morning I tore down the passenger side quarter which went very fast now that I knew what to do. One of the bracket to window bolts snapped but that's an easy fix.

Unfortunately, no matter how well the window motors worked, they had a lot of trouble bringing the regulator down once that coil spring was in place. Luckily I still had new Dorman motors which seem to do just fine.

Strange that the old motors do well on one side but not the other.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Dino on February 28, 2016, 02:18:15 PM
The driver side quarter window is powered and works great. I also installed new cat whiskers and a new roof rail seal.

This morning I tore down the passenger side quarter which went very fast now that I knew what to do. One of the bracket to window bolts snapped but that's an easy fix.

Unfortunately, no matter how well the window motors worked, they had a lot of trouble bringing the regulator down once that coil spring was in place. Luckily I still had new Dorman motors which seem to do just fine.

So do the Dormans bring the window on the down movement w/o any resistance? Fluid? My OEMs pw motors roll up faster than roll down especially the rear quarter windows.

I was considering switching to the Dormans and then just shelf my OEMs.

Dino

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 28, 2016, 06:25:48 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 28, 2016, 02:18:15 PM

So do the Dormans bring the window on the down movement w/o any resistance? Fluid? My OEMs pw motors roll up faster than roll down especially the rear quarter windows.

I was considering switching to the Dormans and then just shelf my OEMs.

They roll up a little faster than they roll down. With the Dormans they roll down great with the glass installed, with the stock motors they roll down alright but not as great. I think I'm going to get Dormans for all the windows. Both stock and new motors roll down fluid and without hesitation.

NHCharger

Never ending body work on the back half. Just about done.
But the big news I finally bought a scissor lift for the shop. After using it one day I'm kickin' myself for not buying one sooner.
They have come down in price the last few years.  Saw used ones for sale on C/L for 1200-1400, for 1,595 I got a brand new one with a warranty.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

keepat

Quote from: NHCharger on February 29, 2016, 07:42:16 PM
But the big news I finally bought a scissor lift for the shop. After using it one day I'm kickin' myself for not buying one sooner.
They have come down in price the last few years.  Saw used ones for sale on C/L for 1200-1400, for 1,595 I got a brand new one with a warranty.

Congrats! Very useful lift in any shop! I made a small modification to the front side of my scissor lift so that it would clear the transmission on engine/K member installs.
Pat

NHCharger

Quote from: keepat on February 29, 2016, 08:02:20 PM

Congrats! Very useful lift in any shop! I made a small modification to the front side of my scissor lift so that it would clear the transmission on engine/K member installs.
Pat

Ha. That's funny. The first thing I checked when I got the Charger in the air was to see how I could clear the tranny on an engine install.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1st_charger

Nice can I ask what lift is this? Oh and the chargers coming along nicely.

NHCharger

Quote from: 1st_charger on March 01, 2016, 05:33:21 PM
Nice can I ask what lift is this? Oh and the chargers coming along nicely.

Paid $1,595.00 including shipping. Description said 110 volt. The unit came with a 220v motor. Spent $50.00 on 35' of SJ cord, 220v outlet and some misc. supplies to install 220v outlet in shop and attach a nice long cord to lift motor. Had the lift set up and running in three hours which includes installing outlet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Titan-6-000-LB-Mid-Rise-Scissor-Lift-with-Free-Adapters-110V-/161992323346?vxp=mtr
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BrianShaughnessy

Bled brakes,  rigged up throttle,  threw in a stool for a seat and drove Sinnamon for the first time in like 35 years.   :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste