News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on March 05, 2016, 08:15:15 AM
Bled brakes,  rigged up throttle,  threw in a stool for a seat and drove Sinnamon for the first time in like 35 years.   :icon_smile_cool:

:2thumbs:  great stuff !! good feeling I bet , first drive in your time machine  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NHCharger

Finally got the quarters and rear section into primer. Still need to spray it with the high build primer and start blocking. Of course the heater in the shop decided to stop working just as I started priming. couldn't figure out the problem so I needed to call my service guy who got it working.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

67Charger440

Got the motor in the 68 fired up for the first time. Driveline swap from a 98 Ram.  5.9/46RE, full EFI and computer package.  Radiator is on order so I can run it for more than a minute without hurting anything.  Now I need to swap rear ends and get the driveshaft shortened.  Fuel system will be up after that, but there is the whole money thing to have to deal with...  Dang reality.

Oh, body work too...  Eventually.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

miller time

Hmm let's see, I had a great friend help me get 3 side windows installed and when the quarter window meet gets here,  it will be 4, and tommarrow the windsheild and back glass will be installed, trunk torsion bars on in, front bumper is on, and yes I worked on it, and I'm happy happy happy!

Lord Warlock

An important day for my charger,  went and got it registered and insured today, it is legal to drive...if we ever get it started again...will happen, plan on letting a shop handle the piddling details of getting it running again, it didn't want to start for me, but I have a solution for that...AAA a tow truck and an a trusted shop will fix it, just hope they don't play with it too much once its running. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

keepat

Congrats! next, driving it home from the shop?
Pat

Lord Warlock

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lord Warlock

May run into dd difficulty but for a good reason, have to take dd down to Tampa for a s/c install, will leave me carless for as long as the charger is in shop.  First time that has happened in a long time, depends on when we drop it off, if on a weekend wife could follow me down, thinking a rental may be necessary for a few days at least.  shop is supposed to have it for 3 days. 

Expect to have available help tomorrow afternoon so plan on pulling car out of the garage and into the front yard, until I call AAA to come pick it up and take it for repairs.  Waiting on a set of plug wires to arrive in mail, before I can drop car off, so not sure if charger goes into the shop on Friday or Monday.  Rather not let it sit outside all weekend so Monday is likely.  Only help I really need is someone to pull it with the riding lawnmower while I steer the charger and keep it on the pavement.  At least now the entire path is paved over with a new driveway. 

cdr

got the Charger some 325-50-15 drag radials.

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

garner7555

Wow!  Your car looks even more wicked now Charlie!    :yesnod:     :2thumbs:      :coolgleamA:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

grdprx

Pulled the steering gear box today, getting it redone with Firm Feel - stage 2.  Seems there were only 2 bolts holding it in!

Firetodd

Pulled my car out of the garage to get the bicycles down from the ceiling mounts. My son pulled out his tool kit and pulled the wheels from the bike to replace the inner tubes. My wife took this picture:

We then took the car for a spin and fueled her up!

Lennard

Awesome,  not many kids nowadays like to work with their hands...other than working a game controller.

zoman440

Installed restored steering column yesterday...

myk

Finally got a day off that wasn't raining so I dragged the Charger out, only to get caught in a downpour a hundred miles out.  So much for sunny San Diego, I'm moving to Seattle; I might as well...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

miller time

Got my doors and fenders lined up, windows pretty much adjusted all the way, put horns on it and a rear view mirror off a 67 cornet, which was a freebie, kickdown linkage, door and window seals, front valance and blinkers, now I can find my reverse lights that I restored, but now that I typed this I have an idea of where they may be stashed, hopefully, so I'm happy the list is winding down

keith88

Took mine out of the garage for the 1st time this year replaced a leaky thermostat housing and cleaned it up  and went for a ride just in time to put it back in the garage for a late winter snow storm to hit this weekend.  Not looking like much now tho.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

1st_charger

Replaced my steering box with a extra firm unit from steer and gear and changed the oil now just waiting for nice weather to see how I like the new gear.

Frednek

Refinished the fresh air duct, not done, but this made a big difference.
Oh no, it's gonna be a driver! ;)

garner7555

Quote from: cdr on March 10, 2016, 08:32:35 PM
got the Charger some 325-50-15 drag radials.

How does it drive now?   Can you get that stroker to hook?   :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

ACUDANUT

Quote from: NHCharger on February 29, 2016, 07:42:16 PM
Never ending body work on the back half. Just about done.
But the big news I finally bought a scissor lift for the shop. After using it one day I'm kickin' myself for not buying one sooner.
They have come down in price the last few years.  Saw used ones for sale on C/L for 1200-1400, for 1,595 I got a brand new one with a warranty.

So, it looks like the lift has to roll as the car comes up and down.  Wont that crack the concrete (all that weight in a very small area)  :scratchchin:

cdr

Garner7555 Thanks for the compliment, it hooks pretty dang good, now i am able to load the engine & was running lean, so working on tuning.