News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzedodge

I had to replace the outer axle seal on the right - it greased the brake drum last summer.  :brickwall:  Ugh. I caught it after Carlisle.   So new inner and outer seals and a timken bearing from Rock Auto.   Now I have to check the axle vent & make sure it's clear.

Did a Google search for the Miller bearing tool C-3971.  No hits other than a link to here.  ;)
Mopar forever!

69white hat

I pulled it out of the garage and let her run up to temp. Watched the thermostat open and then let it run for another 10 minutes. Put her back in the garage. There's still 2 feet of snow up here.

Dans 68

Scanned a front and back image of my fender tag (for the LL1 68) and did a rubbing in anticipation of sending it out to get a duplicate fender tag made. The original will stay home in the safe, eventually.  ;) 

Interestingly, embossed on the backside of the tag, up by the "y" column, is what looks like a stamped number "8". It really does not show through on the front side. Being this was a Hamtramck car I thought that they did not get any kind of inspection stamp. Just interesting....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

myk

After not being able to see the roads at night in over 20 years of driving the Charger, thought I'd try to aim my headlights this morning.  Had to wait till 2AM to find the right deserted parking garage...

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

you did take lots of pics right?  Lmao...that looks like a great pic opportunity.....

Quote from: myk on March 22, 2016, 04:41:35 AM
After not being able to see the roads at night in over 20 years of driving the Charger, thought I'd try to aim my headlights this morning.  Had to wait till 2AM to find the right deserted parking garage...

myk

I should've taken pics of where the lights were aiming BEFORE I adjusted them; about as cockeyed as you could get.  The drivers side was pointing up and left, the passengers side down and right.  Where should they be pointing anyway?  I don't want to blind anyone but I'm not sure I'm getting the most out these lights...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dans 68

From the '69 FSM.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

myk

Thanks for posting that Dan. 

Gaaaaaah!  I forgot to align the hi's!

HeavyFuel

Myk, 

Not a big fan of orange '69s (if you know what I mean) or bigger than 15" wheels......you know......everyone has there own tastes. 

But I gotta say, your car looks great.

I bet the tire squeals really echo in that place.... :lol:

myk

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 22, 2016, 12:42:31 PM
Myk, 

Not a big fan of orange '69s (if you know what I mean) or bigger than 15" wheels......you know......everyone has there own tastes. 

But I gotta say, your car looks great.

I bet the tire squeals really echo in that place.... :lol:

Lol.  Thanks for the words, your car looks great as well.  I don't think I've seen other angles of yours; can you post them?  Well the sound that I can't get out of my head is the echo of the headers/exhaust and the vibrations in my ears from the confines of the garage.  Funny you mention wheels; I'm considering switching to the 17's that Dino is using on his Charger; I want a wider rear wheel with the same style but it's not available in 18."  Live and learn, I guess...

myk

Wow.  That's a tight car.  You can never go wrong with the orange and white 68 stripes.  That's 10 years of life well spent, I say... :yesnod:

BrianShaughnessy

Picked up Sinnamon's seats from Legendary today.

I got the Rallye seats with leather.  :)    I dropped them off just over 2 months ago...  along with my CC number.    I've paid less for whole cars that I've driven for years...   :icon_smile_blackeye:   Anyway they're freaking awesome :)
The rears are just 69 rears...   didn't take any pix of them.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bronzedodge

Have to put that in the want list.  Some days the 69 buckets bother my back.  Great looking seats!
Mopar forever!

69rtse4spd

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

1st_charger

Very nice seats. You'll have to keep us posted as to how comfortable they are. I'd like to use something like that just wish the 69 bucket frames would recline.

keepat

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on March 23, 2016, 06:10:36 PM
Picked up Sinnamon's seats from Legendary today.

I got the Rallye seats with leather.  :)    I dropped them off just over 2 months ago...  along with my CC number.    I've paid less for whole cars that I've driven for years...   :icon_smile_blackeye:   Anyway they're freaking awesome :)
The rears are just 69 rears...   didn't take any pix of them.

Seats look great, but be sure to check the back latch spring as it snagged the side of my new Rallye seat. You may need to bend the spring in to clear? Legendary was great and made the repair NC.
Thanks
Pat

twenty mike mike

I finally got the 440 running after fiddling around with it and repainting the engine compartment for two years. The first pic is how I got it, and the second is after break in. I installed a Crower 271HDP, new lifters, push rods, rocker shafts and arms, Edelbrock E Street heads, Weiand dual plane intake, new timing gear, timing cover, damper, water pump and fan clutch. The 22" 3 core radiator is from Glen-ray. During the 25 min break in run, the water temp stabilized at 193 deg, even without the shroud.

Surprisingly, the cheapo cork valve cover gaskets didn't leak a drop, even though they weren't tightened to much more than finger tight. I'm sure the right one will bake and need to be replaced with something more fancy, but it shows that the Edelbrock heads have a much better sealing surface than Ma's iron heads.

don duick

TPR

Looks Great Don.
Man, that car has gone through some changes.
Hope to see it again soon.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

JR

In the pursuit of a Charger that doesn't handle like a drunken Hippopotamus, I installed a Hellwig 1 1/4 front sway bar to match my 7/8th rear one. Just need to weld the skid plate back up and I'll be done.

A quick test drive on the back roads showed improved roll control plus improved steering response. I won't really know how well it works until I get a chance to go to the Autocross in April. But until then, I'm very happy with it.

Original 7/8ths bar.

Comparison shot. 7/8 vs 1 1/4 The new bar looks like it would weigh a ton, but its hollow, so it's no heavier than the stock bar while being twice as big.

After. Skidplate isn't welded back up yet, but done otherwise.

Very happy with it overall. Would recommend.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

keith88

Fixed leaky thermostat housing-with a new one got rid of the leaky chrome one and went to a aluminum one,Cleaned it up and took it for its 1st ride of the year.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

2592 creston

Put the steel wheels and the dog dish caps that it came with in 1970