News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Getting my Firm Feel steering put in, so I can test out the new Firecore distributor!  :drive:

71charger_fan

Made a trunk mat using two rolls of floor padding from Harbor Freight and an indoor/outdoor area rug from COSTCO. All told, I'm into it for $36 plus tax.

brad mcintyre

69wannabe

Bout a week ago I had the charger out and noticed it had a little bit of a brake fluid leak at the rear of the master cylinder between the master cylinder and the booster. I haven't driven it since I saw the leak since I don't want it leak any more into the booster and ruin it. Got a new one today and replaced the old one with a new one from o'reillys and it went on there really good. Haven't drove it yet but the brake pedal feels good and solid. The one I use on my charger is for a 73 duster with power disc brakes since mine has been converted from drum to disc.It works good and looks good on there too.

DixieRestoParts

Picked up a couple of telescoping antennas from a buddy of mine today. They are about 95% accurate to originals. Difference being there is a ring at the top of the base section and secondary section whereas the originals are smooth. Not a big deal unless you know what you're looking at. Also the conical base where it screws into the nuts is a little smaller. Probably not for a OE type resto, but great for a driver.

Having a lot of trouble with the glove box door flying open going down the road. Did some adjust on the bar and added a washer under it. Seemed to help, need to work it a little more. Any suggestions?
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

VegasCharger

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on April 16, 2016, 09:41:46 PM
Picked up a couple of telescoping antennas from a buddy of mine today. They are about 95% accurate to originals. Difference being there is a ring at the top of the base section and secondary section whereas the originals are smooth. Not a big deal unless you know what you're looking at. Also the conical base where it screws into the nuts is a little smaller. Probably not for a OE type resto, but great for a driver.

Having a lot of trouble with the glove box door flying open going down the road. Did some adjust on the bar and added a washer under it. Seemed to help, need to work it a little more. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat with the glove box door on my 68. Although it's not being driven (not road ready at the moment) I cannot get it to latch upon restoring my dash frame. I have the wire loop style. And my lock latch seems worn. So I replaced the lock latch with a good used one and I'm still having issues. So my next attempt I am going to install the later 68-69 screen door type catch. Combine that with the good used lock latch I hope that fixes it, we'll see. The problem is that you have to drill new holes for the screen door style latch as it has a wider screw hole pattern. Sure just take your drill and make new holes. NOT! You cannot get a standard drill straight up and down to drill a clean hole. Even a right angle drill will not work because of only having a 4"-5" clearance. And you cannot drill holes from the opposite side (bottom) because of the way the frame is shaped. So I have to buy one of those adapter type right angle drill accessory along with a special short drill bit to get it shorter than the 4"-5" clearance. What a PITA just to get your glove box to stay shut. If this doesn't work I'm contemplating just fixing the door to stay shut permittley.

myk

To hell with the glove box door.  I finally got it to close one day and I will never touch it again...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ht4spd307

b5blue

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 17, 2016, 04:29:16 AM
Quote from: DixieRestoParts on April 16, 2016, 09:41:46 PM

Just use a short self tapping screw and a stubby screwdriver, keep pushing down while twisting back and forth. I've an assortment of flex shafts and right angle adapters but for just 2 holes do what I said and it will work fine. I gotta have a glove box that works after ditching my console.

I'm in the same boat with the glove box door on my 68. Although it's not being driven (not road ready at the moment) I cannot get it to latch upon restoring my dash frame. I have the wire loop style. And my lock latch seems worn. So I replaced the lock latch with a good used one and I'm still having issues. So my next attempt I am going to install the later 68-69 screen door type catch. Combine that with the good used lock latch I hope that fixes it, we'll see. The problem is that you have to drill new holes for the screen door style latch as it has a wider screw hole pattern. Sure just take your drill and make new holes. NOT! You cannot get a standard drill straight up and down to drill a clean hole. Even a right angle drill will not work because of only having a 4"-5" clearance. And you cannot drill holes from the opposite side (bottom) because of the way the frame is shaped. So I have to buy one of those adapter type right angle drill accessory along with a special short drill bit to get it shorter than the 4"-5" clearance. What a PITA just to get your glove box to stay shut. If this doesn't work I'm contemplating just fixing the door to stay shut permittley.

71charger_fan

I've been debugging mine. Fixing mistakes the shop that had it made. In the past couple of days, I've discovered that the gear selector rod was installed upside down and backwards interfering with the kick down. The wiper crank arm was never tightened to the wiper motor and the wiper motor's ground strap was bent in half and not attached. The gas filler neck grommet was installed backwards and gas was coming out whenever I accelerated or went up a hill. Still have to figure out why the temp and gas gauges are not working.

funknut

I've been troubleshooting some minor gremlins that have been popping up and I continue to replace hardware store cheese-grade bolts just about everywhere.

- Added a engine to firewall ground strap that the previous owner had forgotten
- Replaced the flex plate bolts with the correct low-profile ones
- Was finally able to straighten out and install the bellhousing inspection cover

Next on the list is to get the tach wired up to the MSD box.

charger1972

I got a little side tracked , but managed to get my Mcleod twin disc installed . My first kid , Samantha . 7 pounds about 4 weeks old now .

keith88

I just had the rear end (8 1/4)rebuilt in the car cost to much they had a hell of a time to do it :flame: :brickwall: never apart. But its done now changed the gear to a 3.55 could have put in a 8 3/4 for what i ended up paying :scratchchin: ..but it runs nice!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: charger1972 on April 19, 2016, 04:38:18 PM
I got a little side tracked , but managed to get my Mcleod twin disc installed . My first kid , Samantha . 7 pounds about 4 weeks old now .
Congrats and what a beautiful child and Awesome pic...

Dino

Congratulations! She's adorable.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69wannabe

Quote from: Dino on April 19, 2016, 08:02:14 PM

Congratulations! She's adorable.

Congrat's on your new addition!!! ;D

charger1972

Thanks everyone , only took three years of trying .

c00nhunterjoe

Took mine out and thouroughly abused it.

Oh, and you know its a hard launch when the glove box pops open and everything ends up in the back seat. :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Quote from: charger1972 on April 19, 2016, 09:13:35 PM

But the trying is oh so much fun.   ;)

charger1972

Quote from: Dino on April 19, 2016, 09:18:02 PM

Ha ha , yeah until you get doctors involved ..... :eek2:

Dino

Quote from: charger1972 on April 19, 2016, 09:47:50 PM
Quote from: Dino on April 19, 2016, 09:18:02 PM

Ha ha , yeah until you get doctors involved ..... :eek2:

Well that's just too kinky for me...  :lol:

I'm glad it all worked out for you guys.   :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

68Charger4me

Ran her on the dyno:

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"