News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

That's a blessed day to be sure.  Thanks for sharing...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

VegasCharger

Quote from: grdprx on May 07, 2016, 11:58:47 PM
I took my daughter to High School Drags last night.  She has a chromosome anomaly and can't drive.  The track let me run a couple passes with her during time trials.  She had a great time, I'm glad I was able to get some track time with her.

X2 Thanks for sharing.

Love your 68. It has character.  :2thumbs:

BLK 68 R/T

Started block sanding so it can get painted next weekend.

grdprx

I'm happy the track gave us the opportunity.  Of my 3 kids, she enjoys cruising with Dad the most. 
The Charger got quite a bit of attention at the track, with the high school kids.  "All time favorite car!"  "68 is by far the best" "your an amazing person for owning such a great car" "Don't see Chargers very often" 
My younger 2 kids were surprised by all the attention the Charger got. "Everyone loves your car Dad!"
It was a good day.

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1969 R/T SE

i started on the interior there is so much rat crap

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :smilie_help: :smilie_help:

WHITE AND RED 69

Decided the car wasn't loud enough so I'm making a change to the exhaust. Got a TTI 3" X-pipe to replace the current H-pipe and Black Widow mufflers with turn downs. The tail pipes will probably go back on but I thought this would be a nice change up for a little while. 

Also have a set of mild ported Sidewinder aluminum heads on the way. Not looking forward to pulling the headers but can't wait to get them on.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

No Dynomax Ultra flo's like the rest of us?

b5blue

Look the castings over really good on the Sidewinders. I had some spots inside the water jacket (Flashing) that needed trimming and areas where there were still small burrs from machine work I filed smooth.  :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: myk on May 09, 2016, 03:21:40 PM

Ultra flo's are currently on the car but kinda wanted to try something different for a while (In other words I like being broke and wasting money replacing perfectly good working parts  :lol:  ). The Black Widows are supposed to be great at keeping the drone down so I'm hoping it will sound great and not drive me nuts on the freeway.

Quote from: b5blue on May 09, 2016, 04:00:07 PM
Look the castings over really good on the Sidewinders. I had some spots inside the water jacket (Flashing) that needed trimming and areas where there were still small burrs from machine work I filed smooth.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the tip b5blue! I'll make sure to check to check em over soon as they show up.  :2thumbs:  Really hoping with the extra cost for the port work they will clean up all the rough areas.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tsmithae

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 09, 2016, 04:45:32 PM

Ultra flo's are currently on the car but kinda wanted to try something different for a while (In other words I like being broke and wasting money replacing perfectly good working parts  :lol:  ). The Black Widows are supposed to be great at keeping the drone down so I'm hoping it will sound great and not drive me nuts on the freeway.

Look the castings over really good on the Sidewinders. I had some spots inside the water jacket (Flashing) that needed trimming and areas where there were still small burrs from machine work I filed smooth.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the tip b5blue! I'll make sure to check to check em over soon as they show up.  :2thumbs:  Really hoping with the extra cost for the port work they will clean up all the rough areas.

Looking to get rid of those ultra flows?  :scratchchin:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

b5blue

It was nothing real bad, the burrs were where the backside of the spin from cutting would be. My Dremel cut the flash out of the big cooling holes at the ends on the head. I don't think they even look in there.

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on May 09, 2016, 06:06:08 AM
Chargers are nothing short of magical...

What did I do with mine today?
I made an old guy smile. The car motivated him enough to get him out from behind the cash register at the gas station to come out for a look up close. A couple of customers in the line didn't understand. This guy, easily in his mid 70s, was probably 30 or so when my car was new.

I was just out getting a few repair parts for the wifes car and my work truck. The Charger is reliable enough to be a daily driver but the mileage would be a killer

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: tsmithae on May 09, 2016, 05:17:17 PM

:scratchchin:  I need to see first if I like the new sound. If it all works out I might sell them off.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

rebby

Quote from: tsmithae on May 09, 2016, 05:17:17 PM

Ultra flo's are currently on the car but kinda wanted to try something different for a while (In other words I like being broke and wasting money replacing perfectly good working parts  :lol:  ). The Black Widows are supposed to be great at keeping the drone down so I'm hoping it will sound great and not drive me nuts on the freeway.

Look the castings over really good on the Sidewinders. I had some spots inside the water jacket (Flashing) that needed trimming and areas where there were still small burrs from machine work I filed smooth.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the tip b5blue! I'll make sure to check to check em over soon as they show up.  :2thumbs:  Really hoping with the extra cost for the port work they will clean up all the rough areas.

I have a pair that I plan to part with...  :2thumbs:
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

71charger_fan

Got my door panels back from Legendary and am installing them. I just wish the shop that had the car hadn't managed to somehow lose my originals which had center pieces in much better condition. For what Legendary charges, I'm a little surprised they don't take the extra minute or two to install new door lock ferrules.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 10, 2016, 08:47:13 PM
Quote from: myk on May 09, 2016, 06:06:08 AM
Chargers are nothing short of magical...

I was just out getting a few repair parts for the wifes car and my work truck. The Charger is reliable enough to be a daily driver but the mileage would be a killer

Mileage....Shmileage!   

C'mon Kern.....It's 2 bucks a gallon right now....  :lol:

myk

I could deal with the $400 monthly petrol bill, it's the maniac drivers I share the road with that I'm not willing to risk.  I hate to be a stick in the mud about the Charger but the car stays on Parade duty.

Anyway I replaced my battery ground cable because I accidentally discovered that I could just pull it off with no effort; I gotta say that's one happy starter in there now.  BTW, isn't there supposed to be an engine to chassis ground cable too?  Where do you guys have yours installed?

Dino

Quote from: myk on May 14, 2016, 02:16:06 PM
BTW, isn't there supposed to be an engine to chassis ground cable too?  Where do you guys have yours installed?

It bolts to the top rear of the passenger head and goes to the firewall somewhere near the voltage regulator. Later models also have a wire running from the negative battery terminal to the radiator support.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Really?  Wow.  So without the engine to firewall and battery to body/chassis ground what sort of issues would this cause?

cdr

Quote from: myk on May 14, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Really?  Wow.  So without the engine to firewall and battery to body/chassis ground what sortshe of issues would this cause?

not having it can cause a MULTITUDE of electrical problems.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

Today I drove the Charger out to the Hemi Hideout .
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Quote from: myk on May 14, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Really?  Wow.  So without the engine to firewall and battery to body/chassis ground what sort of issues would this cause?

You could have ignition or starter issues and you can have bad grounds going to other components as well.  Be sure to have at least one connection between the engine and the body, and more is better. If you don't have a single ground strap but the car gets juice, then ground is coming in through a different path. Maybe a torque chain on the motor mount? Or the shift linkage going to the tunnel?

Get a strap on there!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.