News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: rebby on May 20, 2016, 09:12:33 AM
That sway bar is next on my list! Doing a rear one as well. Looks great.

Cool...   I'm undecided on rear bar yet if I even need it.     Sinnamon sports her 35+ year old traction bars that I had PC'd and got new decals for.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

VegasCharger

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 20, 2016, 07:54:34 AM
E-Booger wanted my stock 15/16 front sway bar for some reason...  So I sold it to him.
Bought a 1 3/8" Hellwig front bar from Summit - which is surprisingly affordable considering.  These are hollow which actually saves weight over the solid bar.
I have a FirmFeel 1 1/8" solid bar on the front of Betty but they are running $325...  and I don't feel like giving Hotchkis any $ since they dicked over my friend Kevin.

Cool  :2thumbs:

What did you end up getting for your stock sway bar?

:cheers:

myk

E-Booger wanted my stock 15/16 front sway bar for some reason...  So I sold it to him.
Bought a 1 3/8" Hellwig front bar from Summit - which is surprisingly affordable considering.  These are hollow which actually saves weight over the solid bar.
I have a FirmFeel 1 1/8" solid bar on the front of Betty but they are running $325...  and I don't feel like giving Hotchkis any $ since they dicked over my friend Kevin.

What happened to your friend?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: myk on May 21, 2016, 01:28:07 PM
and I don't feel like giving Hotchkis any $ since they dicked over my friend Kevin.

What happened to your friend?

He has the 4 door Taxi you may have seen with the Hotchkis sponsorship.     Something went wrong with the deal he had with them building his 3G Hemi Duster.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

rebby

~200 mile road trip in the General Lee today. Lots of thumbs ups and cell phone videos along the way.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

tsmithae

Finished welding in torque boxes, subframe connectors, dual exhaust bracket, fuel tank brackets, and fixing small issues I couldn't see when she was upright.  Then removed all undercoating and neutralized the rust.  I should be getting the bottom in primer next time I can get away from work.

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

M5Ivan

Started dyeing my seatbelts black today. My interior was originally green and they never bothered to dye the seatbelts after changing everything else to black.

plum500

Plugging away at various stuff on my little 383 hoping to have it on the road soon...

comet_666

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

twenty mike mike

Installed my new AMD hood using the Fesler hinges. I was having a problem with the hood popping up at the rear corners, which according to the Fesler directions, was a result of the front of the hinge being too low. After fiddling with that for hundreds of times, it seemed, it turned out the real problem was the four rear flanges on the bottom of the hood were too large and were hitting the inner fenders. Out came the cutting wheel and after four careful slices, now it fits.

myk

garner7555

Quote from: myk on May 26, 2016, 03:26:33 AM
Nice final fit.  What's a Fesler hinge?

Billet aluminum hinges with a gas shock instead of the spring.
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

twenty mike mike

Quote from: myk on May 26, 2016, 03:26:33 AM
Nice final fit.  What's a Fesler hinge?

Thanks, myk.

As Garner said:

myk

:o. Looks great, sounds expensive.  And yeah to hell with those springs...

303 Mopar

Swapped my 727 for a 18 spline Hemi 4 spd.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

myk

Dino

Done to the Charger? What is this Charger you speak of?   :lol:

I pulled the cover a few days ago to air out the car. Looked over everything for a few minutes just to get away from the insane stress that has become my life in the last few weeks. Felt good too.   :2thumbs:

Once (or if) I get used to this schedule I'll do some more things to it. Just to keep my sanity.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Highbanked Hauler

I put in  2 in. drop spindles and  tubular upper control arms from Firm Feel and need to lengthen the control arms about 1.5 in. to drop the front end and take advantage of the spindles. I have a 1.25 degree neg. camber  with max. adjustment. Also going to put in lighter bars and  putting in quad shocks to improve handling. I have 1 in. spacer blocks in the rear and want to try 2 in. to get the back end down. Not sure if the rear end will hit the body on that one. I thing I haven't done yet is put in a Borgson steering box.  Other than the box its Old School all the way. :yesnod: :popcrn:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Slowpoke

Finally got my fuel issue fixed, and got the green beast fired up and moving under her own power for the first time in a couple of years.
Changed the old oil and washed off the cobwebs. Now I can start working on the body now that it moves.

68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Slowpoke

picture of it fresh out of the garage into the sunshine.  :icon_smile_big:
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

zoman440

Got my 70's new stainless steel exhaust system installed yesterday!