News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topher

Getting the interior spruced up for Carlisle!
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

EccentricMagpies

My son and I swapped out the E body shifter for a B body bench seat shifter.

Huge improvement

'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

68-XS29

I installed my new 68 Classic Industries grille and trim, (actually did an entire grille assembly restore) which came out awesome and I am very happy with. Also got my new tunnel ram 440 in and running. .030" over, forged 6 pack pistons at 0 deck on LY rods and factory forged crank. Stealth heads, .509/292 purple shaft cam, 1 3/4" headers, firecore RTR dizzy, coil, and wires supplied by Ron (AWESOME PRODUCT!) and a tunnel ram with two 750 holley dp that I bought at Carlisle a couple years back. It is running well enough to drive around. It runs good at light throttle when it is only in the primaries, and at WOT, but coughs and spits at everything in between. When I went through the carbs before I put them on I found they have 2.5 power valves, so I am going to put the 6.5 power valves in that came in the rebuild kits and see what happens!

GOTWING

still waiting on my paid in full back ordered rear valance pan from AMD ( Stephens P. ) 11 months later still no word. :brickwall:

moparnation74

Quote from: 68-XS29 on June 14, 2016, 07:10:34 AM
I installed my new 68 Classic Industries grille and trim, (actually did an entire grille assembly restore) which came out awesome and I am very happy with. Also got my new tunnel ram 440 in and running. .030" over, forged 6 pack pistons at 0 deck on LY rods and factory forged crank. Stealth heads, .509/292 purple shaft cam, 1 3/4" heads, firecore RTR dizzy, coil, and wires supplied by Ron (AWESOME PRODUCT!) and a tunnel ram with two 750 holley dp that I bought at Carlisle a couple years back. It is running well enough to drive around. It runs good at light throttle when it is only in the primaries, and at WOT, but coughs and spits at everything in between. When I went through the carbs before I put them on I found they have 2.5 power valves, so I am going to put the 6.5 power valves in that came in the rebuild kits and see what happens!
Beautiful rides!  Sweet tractor in the back as well!  Is that a farmall IHC 60's model?

BTW is the a 69 Plymouth next to the charger??

68-XS29

Thank you! The tractor is an Allis Chalmers WD45, and yes, that is a 69 RR owned by my buddy. The RR was originally a 383 4spd, now a 440 4spd.

JamieZ

The past weekend I went to the Junction Auto Mopar show.  I try to go every year and it seems to just keep getting better.  I took the Challenger because she is much more roadworthy than the Charger.  You can see some photos here (there are duplicates as I didn't get around to cleaning out the HDR ones yet):

http://s817.photobucket.com/user/j_zahler/library/Junction%202016

But on the Charger front, the Firm Feel stage 3 box showed up:

I started pulling the column, but couldn't get the roll pin out with what I had on hand so I ordered a set of pin punches.  Hopefully I'll have more progress next week.

b5blue

Nice what did that set you back?
I've got my Classic Auto Air system installed and under vacuum test right now. I may finally have A/C after 21 years of life getting in the way!  :lol:

firefighter3931

Quote from: 68-XS29 on June 14, 2016, 07:10:34 AM
I installed my new 68 Classic Industries grille and trim, (actually did an entire grille assembly restore) which came out awesome and I am very happy with. Also got my new tunnel ram 440 in and running. .030" over, forged 6 pack pistons at 0 deck on LY rods and factory forged crank. Stealth heads, .509/292 purple shaft cam, 1 3/4" headers, firecore RTR dizzy, coil, and wires supplied by Ron (AWESOME PRODUCT!) and a tunnel ram with two 750 holley dp that I bought at Carlisle a couple years back. It is running well enough to drive around. It runs good at light throttle when it is only in the primaries, and at WOT, but coughs and spits at everything in between. When I went through the carbs before I put them on I found they have 2.5 power valves, so I am going to put the 6.5 power valves in that came in the rebuild kits and see what happens!

That Charger looks great....luv the tunnel ram !  :coolgleamA:

Where do you have the base timing set at ? What is the total timing and at what rpm does it stop advancing ? The 2.5PV is definitely too low and the 6.5 will be a better choice. I'd like to see the ignition dialed in and the manifold vacuum optimized before you go making any fuel delivery changes.

Maybe start a thread in the engine or performance forum so we can dive into it in more detail.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

JamieZ

Went to a car show last night with my dad and mentioned I needed some roll pin punches.  Turns out he had a set and picked them up today when I went over to visit for Father's Day (yay Dads).

Knocked the pin out no problem.  Quickly discovered some issues with the coupler/pot.  Turns out there was no spring in it (or the spring disintegrated).  It's an older model without the small dowel so there wasn't much holding it on.   Anyhow I took it all out and cleaned it.   

I've got a rebuild kit but I'll do that when I am ready for reassembly.

b5blue

My A/C is up and running, now to insulate the floors/firewall.

brad mcintyre

had mine out to mopar drags sat got rear ended on way home .

garner7555

Quote from: brad mcintyre on June 20, 2016, 06:33:50 AM

That is terrible news!   Is everyone OK?   How bad is the damage?
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

myk

Quote from: brad mcintyre on June 20, 2016, 06:33:50 AM

Dude that sucks!  How is everything?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

brad mcintyre

everyone is ok car got off lucky bent rear bumper, drove one duel exaust forward. cracked taillight. knocked shifter out of wack goes into park  but not all the way button dose not pop out.  reverse is where nuteral should be will not go into 1st not sure if it bent linkage or shifted tran. :cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

brad mcintyre

moparnation74

Quote from: 68-XS29 on June 14, 2016, 12:52:12 PM
Thank you! The tractor is an Allis Chalmers WD45, and yes, that is a 69 RR owned by my buddy. The RR was originally a 383 4spd, now a 440 4spd.
Awesome all the way around...Love the aggressive :2thumbs: look of that charger

JR

Just added a power trunk release. What a simple mod that adds alot of convenience.

I used a latch from some 80's Chrysler, dunno what model. An eBay seller is selling pre fabbed kits and I picked up one of his.

FYI, for anyone with a second gen, if you do this mod, you have to trim the top of the new latch to match your original trunk latch. The original latch was triangle shaped up top, the power one is rectangular.

But 5 min with a cutoff wheel fixed that.

But it's nice. Especially when I hook the NOS back up, I won't have to fumble with the key everytime I want to turn the bottle on.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

rebby

Quote from: JR on June 22, 2016, 07:02:41 PM
Just added a power trunk release. What a simple mod that adds alot of convenience.

I used a latch from some 80's Chrysler, dunno what model. An eBay seller is selling pre fabbed kits and I picked up one of his.

FYI, for anyone with a second gen, if you do this mod, you have to trim the top of the new latch to match your original trunk latch. The original latch was triangle shaped up top, the power one is rectangular.

But 5 min with a cutoff wheel fixed that.

But it's nice. Especially when I hook the NOS back up, I won't have to fumble with the key everytime I want to turn the bottle on.

I did this on my General Lee as well. It was a great modification. I LOVE the convince of a power trunk release. I really get looks at car shows and even the golf course when I pop the truck from inside.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

myk

Did the usual cruise night on Friday.  Once I got home, parked the car, and saw coolant dripping down the passenger side of the firewall and a header tube.  I'm thinking head gasket, which I'm thinking explains the slightly warmer running Temps.  Fun, right?   Well I'm off to buy a radiator pressure tester... :icon_smile_blackeye:

69rtse4spd

Pat came over today, we put the 6-pack carbs back on. Had Phil Fish redo them, super nice guy, I am one happy camper  :2thumbs:. Started right up, nice & crisp snap on the gas. Test drove, need to set the front end alignment, next weekend. Told Pat, going to have to watch how I drive this now, rear rubber won't last long. Money well spent, have him doing another set also. Really gets you motivated to work on the cars once you get one running.     

rebby

We won a "piston cup" today! My son collected it for me and when he got back he proudly exclaimed, "he did what in his cup?!?!?!?"
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Lennard

ACUDANUT

Quote from: myk on June 25, 2016, 04:58:16 PM
Did the usual cruise night on Friday.  Once I got home, parked the car, and saw coolant dripping down the passenger side of the firewall and a header tube.  I'm thinking head gasket, which I'm thinking explains the slightly warmer running Temps.  Fun, right?   Well I'm off to buy a radiator pressure tester... :icon_smile_blackeye:
''

CHECK THOSE EXHAUST BOLTS !!