News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

I thought they were tight but I'll go over it again.  What's the torque spec on those exhaust manifold bolts?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

JR

Picked up a 2.5lb Halotron fire extinguisher with quick release brackets to mount under the glove box. Should have done that a long time ago.

Also replaced the burned out AutoMeter tach with a new Ultralight replacement.(I forgot to change the tach input wire once when I installed an MSD box. Whoops). But it's nice to have a functioning tach again.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

JamieZ

Swapped all the hardware over to the new box and installed a new pitman arm to the new box. 

Tried to reinstall it both from the bottom.  It's heavy and I tired out pretty quick, so I ended up giving up for the night.  Tried to remove the battery and tray and install it from the top.  That was easier but I still couldn't get it.  So on to plan c.  I'm going to remove the starter and try again.  I think that will give me the clearance I need to get it in from the bottom.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: myk on June 25, 2016, 10:37:36 PM
I thought they were tight but I'll go over it again.  What's the torque spec on those exhaust manifold bolts?

I do it by feel. I don't the specs  :Twocents:

comet_666

Motor and trans in

twenty mike mike

Quote from: brad mcintyre on June 20, 2016, 06:33:50 AM
had mine out to mopar drags sat got rear ended on way home .

It's a shame Dodge couldn't see fit to install a set of tail/brake lights on the First Gens that can easily be seen. Another shameful capitalist/corporatist cost cutting measure, no doubt. How is anyone supposed to see those tiny lights while texting or talking on the phone while waving both hands in the air to emphasize the point being made to the person on the other end of that vital conversation?   ::)

twenty mike mike

I had the sail panels patched and the Dutchman panel replaced.

Then some small imperfections (AKA dents) on the top were repaired and a vinyl top was installed. I know that'll horrify some, since it's not a vinyl top car, but I really like how the vinyl accentuates the sweep of the sail panels.

The headliner, which had pulled away from the rear retainers, was replaced.

myk

Looks good man.  Who cares what the critics think...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Looks great!   :2thumbs:

I wouldn't mind having that split window bug there either.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twenty mike mike

Thanks, guys. Dino, it's a '39 Ford Deluxe. Sitting directly on the floor made it look smaller.

Dino

Ah that's a bit different! I'd take it as well though.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ht4spd307

done these today

redgum78

looking good there 20 Mike!

New plugs and a carby tune today for my Charger.

69wannabe

Drove it to town and back this morning before it got too hot to ride in a non a/c car......... Fun while it lasted  :yesnod:

b5blue

I drove to Advance Auto to get my battery/charging system checked after adding A/C and a big electric fan. The guys treat me great, love the car and a guy from the Burger King next to them ran over to ask if it was a turbo? (Is that a thing?) After all checked out okay one guy questioned the 1,350 CCA my new Red Top puts out.  :lol:
  The "Burnout" request had to be denied....location/time of day were all wrong.  :D

JamieZ

Last week I pulled the starter out:

Didn't have time to get under the car for a few days so I cleaned it and repainted the cover.

This morning I got up early and crawled under there and stabbed the steering box back home.  It was much much easier without the starter in the way.   Now it's just torquing everything back to spec and reassembly.

ACUDANUT

When you changed your steering gear box, did you have to raise the motor and remove the exhaust manifolds ?  How hard is this swap ?

JamieZ

It has stock exhaust manifolds, so they did not need to be removed and neither did the motor.  I did have to remove the factory starter for clearance.  The box is pretty heavy and a pain to wrestle around under the car.  I guess if you have a lift it wouldn't be that bad.  If you have headers, you'd have to remove something, either the headers or possibly some of the suspension. 
If, unlike me, you know what you are doing and have all the right equipment on hand, you could probably do it in a day.

spoon

Did a bit of a clean up of my newly purchased Charger.

Washed it, removed these dodgy vinyl logos, extracted a few of these sheets of factory paperwork from under the rear seat.

redgum78

Quote from: spoon on July 04, 2016, 08:54:25 PM
Did a bit of a clean up of my newly purchased Charger.

Washed it, removed these dodgy vinyl logos, extracted a few of these sheets of factory paperwork from under the rear seat.

That is one of the best feelings finding the broadcast sheet under a seat. Almost as good as starting an engine for the first time after a re-build. Suggest you take a high resolution picture of the sheet/s then store the originals away somewhere dry, flat and safe.

twenty mike mike

I tried OER brand vinyl paint and that was a disaster, so I got some SEM mixed to match a relatively unscathed portion of an armrest. I've painted a new upper dash pad, which was too light, the original lower dash pads, and new armrests, two which were white and two which were black.

The headrests probably came out of the same factory as the upper dash pad, so they were too light as well.

One more headrest to go, then four upper door pads, which are also the same too light blue.

Brian L

New 15x8 wheels and new Cooper Cobras to replace the original 14's and GY Polyglass. What a difference, both looks and drives much better!

VegasCharger

Quote from: Brian L on July 06, 2016, 12:19:57 PM
New 15x8 wheels and new Cooper Cobras to replace the original 14's and GY Polyglass. What a difference, both looks and drives much better!

That is one nice Charger  :2thumbs:

Love the appearance as it has a sleeper look to it. No extra added bling bling which is cool. Hope you keep it that way.

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

IMO, No Charger should have sleeper image.!!

Brian L

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 07, 2016, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: Brian L on July 06, 2016, 12:19:57 PM

That is one nice Charger  :2thumbs:

Love the appearance as it has a sleeper look to it. No extra added bling bling which is cool. Hope you keep it that way.

:cheers:

I plan to keep it this way. When I first bought it, I wanted to make an RT out of it, with a black vinyl top, stripe, hood, and spoilers. But I'm starting to like it the way it is. You don't really see many with this look.