News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

Quote from: Brian L on July 07, 2016, 12:10:00 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on July 07, 2016, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: Brian L on July 06, 2016, 12:19:57 PM
New 15x8 wheels and new Cooper Cobras to replace the original 14's and GY Polyglass. What a difference, both looks and drives much better!

That is one nice Charger  :2thumbs:

Love the appearance as it has a sleeper look to it. No extra added bling bling which is cool. Hope you keep it that way.

:cheers:

I plan to keep it this way. When I first bought it, I wanted to make an RT out of it, with a black vinyl top, stripe, hood, and spoilers. But I'm starting to like it the way it is. You don't really see many with this look.

Wouldn't change a thing --that is one great looking Charger...and the stance is great.  :coolgleamA:

BrianShaughnessy

Drove Sinnamon a whole half mile and dropped her off to get aligned.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

redgum78

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 07, 2016, 06:02:42 PM
Drove Sinnamon a whole half mile and dropped her off to get aligned.

:2thumbs: looks really nice!

VegasCharger

Quote from: Brian L on July 07, 2016, 12:10:00 PM
I plan to keep it this way. When I first bought it, I wanted to make an RT out of it, with a black vinyl top, stripe, hood, and spoilers. But I'm starting to like it the way it is. You don't really see many with this look.

Cool deal  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

Took a drive to do some tests with gas and timing.  WOT A/F didn't look bad. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Godsmack635

put on the new wheels and tires

Godsmack635

Not sure how to load larger photos.  Computer wouldn't let me.  Maybe its time to go back to school.   :coolgleamA:

400sforever

went out and hammered on it with the gopro set so you can see outside of the car too..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMwcF0fPWuE
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 400sforever on July 10, 2016, 08:20:55 PM
went out and hammered on it with the gopro set so you can see outside of the car too..   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMwcF0fPWuE

Sounds good. Time to start practicing speed shifts.  :drive:

71_Charger_R/T

Got a neat little something to display with my car at shows.  I like to try and bring people back to 1971 when they look at my car.....

JesseJames78

I did a full LED conversion (interior lights also)! I changed out one of the headlights and taillights to show what the difference is.   :2thumbs:

JesseJames78

Apparently the .gif doesn't work?   :shruggy:   Here is a picture with the brakes on.

keepat

Very cool! Does the headlight lenses have an original look? Please post a picture with the headlights off.
Thanks.
Pat

JesseJames78

Glad I drove it today  :2thumbs:

rebby

Quote from: JesseJames78 on July 11, 2016, 03:16:26 PM
Glad I drove it today  :2thumbs:

What housings did you use? I just did an H1 upgrade on my Charger. Used Cibie housings in the high beams and Hella dual focus housings for the lows.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

rebby

I didn't need to modify anything on the car either. I was a little concerned with the Hellas but it was a non issue.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

71charger_fan

Repacked the front wheel bearings, replaced the stabilizer bar bushings and end links, and finally got the Classic Air system charged.

UH60L

Now that it's drivable, I've taken it to several cruise-ins.  Wife and I took it to a show with our new challenger for the first time about 4 weeks ago at Antique Powerland in Brooks Oregon.

comet_666

It's moving under it's own power for the first time in almost 10 years! Need to figure out some wiring and other things before its on the road but...

keepat

ws23rt

Quote from: comet_666 on July 19, 2016, 08:01:14 PM
It's moving under it's own power for the first time in almost 10 years! Need to figure out some wiring and other things before its on the road but...

:cheers: :cheers:  I do know what it feels like for the first drive after many years.  The need to feel it move under it's own power makes it a good day indeed. :2thumbs:
Don't let the little things get you down.
Now is the time you can go for a -test- drive after every addition you make to the project. :icon_smile_wink:

b5blue

I'm back in the saddle again. 3rd week of driving nothing but ol' blue rain or shine. I started rebuilding my seats, got one bucket seat back done...70's are a bitch to do. I'm digging my A/C system working fine!  :2thumbs:

NHCharger

It's finally all one color  ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

cdr

Quote from: NHCharger on July 20, 2016, 08:40:59 PM
It's finally all one color  ::)

:2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr