News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

NHCharger

Started the "assemble to see what doesn't fit" stage.
The nosecone on the car has never been installed using the Z Brackets. The previous owner had a hodgepodge of angle iron, threaded rods, spacers and 2x4's to hold the nose on.
Bryan- "Bakerhillpins" helped me remove the nose last fall. we both had a good laugh at the set up.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

XS29L9B2

Quote from: NHCharger on July 24, 2016, 08:43:37 PM
Started the "assemble to see what doesn't fit" stage.
The nosecone on the car has never been installed using the Z Brackets. The previous owner had a hodgepodge of angle iron, threaded rods, spacers and 2x4's to hold the nose on.
Bryan- "Bakerhillpins" helped me remove the nose last fall. we both had a good laugh at the set up.

very nice
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

JamieZ

It's been a while since I posted but I haven't been idle.  Once the steering box was back in, my dad came over and helped me get the steering coupler back on.  My coupler doesn't have the dowel, and I have heard trying to get the coupler to stay together just by bending the tabs on the cap is quite  a pain.  So I opted to add the later clamp/retainer piece to hold it all together.

After that I put the column back in, tightened everything up and filled it up with power steering fluid.   I drove the car for a bit and for the first time since I owned it, the steering fluid remained where it was supposed to!   Everything is much tighter and more responsive.  Seems like the alignment is a bit off, shouldn't be too hard to correct now that turning the wheel actually does something.

This weekend I managed to sneak out between the rain storms and give the car a proper wash and wax.  The sky darkened up pretty quick, so I pulled it in before I got to the glass, chrome, and wheels.  But this is the first time in a few years that it's had a shine on it, instead of just a bunch of dust.  Even if it is just in the garage.

Dino

Great job!   :2thumbs:

I can't wait to see pics of it in the sun. I remember when that car was for sale here in Mi. It looked stunning with that white interior.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Uncovered it to let it air out a bit. I have a non-insulated garage and we've had some storms come through so the humidity is way up there. I stuck my head through the side windows and banged it on the roof structure so I called it names. That's what Ive done to it in the last two+ months.   :lol:

Two more weeks of school and then a three week break so I'll get the exhaust manifolds stripped and painted and bolted to the block. I'll also have to get a new speedometer pinion gear and install it so I can add more fluid to the trans and I have to put oil in the engine, and new plugs. I don't think I'll be ding much more to it, we'll see.

ED69

Stare at it and which I could keep the car running cool enough to hook up the ac. :shruggy:

Dino

Quote from: ED69 on July 31, 2016, 04:08:33 PM
Stare at it and which I could keep the car running cool enough to hook up the ac. :shruggy:

How hot is it running?

ED69

With out ac 195- 220 and climbs at idle, aluminum 2 core 1" tube radiator, 6 blade 19.5 in clutch fan w/ heavy duty clutch. The warmer it gets outside the harder it is to cool off, . I've use the factory fan shroud and I also made one and it did work a little better. I'm starting to think it just my motor combo, 383 stroked to 496. I've tried water pumps different radiators, water pump housings like the section on overheating said, don't know we're to go? Timing is 15 degrees, at idle and 35 advanced,  running the Holley terminator Eli cruising 13,6-1 afr. any suggestions would be great.

Dino

Is the reading taken with a infrared gun or aftermarket gauge or stock?

Tjader

For the first time in 2,5 years I've been doing some actual driving!  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Finally admited to myself that I need to change the trunk floor
Thought I could just make a couple patches but no

Not sure if I can duplicate the factory weld job on the spare tire brace  ;)

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ED69

I've got the stock gauge, a auto meter and the sensor for the efi. Both the efi and auto meter  are the same + or - 2 degrees

VegasCharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 01, 2016, 08:21:22 AM
Finally admited to myself that I need to change the trunk floor
Thought I could just make a couple patches but no

Not sure if I can duplicate the factory weld job on the spare tire brace  ;)

Holy Crap! How did this pass inspection? Fire that guy!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JamieZ

Quote from: Dino on July 30, 2016, 01:22:03 PM

I can't wait to see pics of it in the sun. I remember when that car was for sale here in Mi. It looked stunning with that white interior.

At the local cruise night.

Dino

Back N Black

Quote from: JamieZ on August 01, 2016, 06:50:05 PM
Quote from: Dino on July 30, 2016, 01:22:03 PM

At the local cruise night.

:cheers: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Puzbie

She's standing on her own 4 feet!  Got it back from the body shop on a cart...building the rest myself...proud moment to get her on her own wheels!

Lennard

Quote from: Tjader on August 01, 2016, 07:00:47 AM
For the first time in 2,5 years I've been doing some actual driving!  :2thumbs:
Beautiful car! :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

I scattered mine and am in the process of wrapping up a new combo.

TPR

Quote from: Puzbie on August 03, 2016, 10:04:55 PM
She's standing on her own 4 feet!  Got it back from the body shop on a cart...building the rest myself...proud moment to get her on her own wheels!

Awesome!!!
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

keith88

Front end alignment, wow made a big difference! I thought i was going to need a new steering box but no the alignment made it drive normal. (pictures taken before it was done)

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

BYB69

nvrbdn

I put in a new fuel sending unit and filler neck gasket Saturday.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

grdprx

Quote from: ED69 on July 31, 2016, 05:29:43 PM
With out ac 195- 220 and climbs at idle, aluminum 2 core 1" tube radiator, 6 blade 19.5 in clutch fan w/ heavy duty clutch. The warmer it gets outside the harder it is to cool off, . I've use the factory fan shroud and I also made one and it did work a little better. I'm starting to think it just my motor combo, 383 stroked to 496. I've tried water pumps different radiators, water pump housings like the section on overheating said, don't know we're to go? Timing is 15 degrees, at idle and 35 advanced,  running the Holley terminator Eli cruising 13,6-1 afr. any suggestions would be great.

I tried to make some minor adjustments to get it running cooler myself.  Idle fuel mixture and the timing, didn't help.  I don't have AC, but I'm running 200-205* and it rises at stop lights.  I'm trying to figure out a shroud for my car.  I have a 22" champion radiator with limited space between it at the block.  I saw another member made a custom shroud with a sheet of abs plastic, looked great.