News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BananaDan's Mopars @ Englishtown Raceway Park 2012 Pics

Started by BananaDan, August 26, 2012, 10:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A383Wing

that purple 'Cuda convert with the little slant 6 is just gorgeous......I would take that car anyday

Bryan

BananaDan

Yeah, I like that one too.  I've never seen a /6 restored to such a level.  She was a beauty.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Fred

What a stunning collection of cars. And all (barring one) in tip top condition. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing through the pics.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

:drool5:   awesome   mopar hardware , there by the lookes of it  :coolgleamA:!!  :yesnod:  ,  i remember reading about that untrestored  black 70  , in HP mopar about 20ish years give or take  ago ,i think  :scratchchin:

thanks for sharing the pictures  , Dan  great stuff  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Dan gorgeous pics as usual.  As soon as I get a chance to resize mine Ill post them.  Looks like those were taken from Sunday?  Mine I did on Sat as I figured I would be too busy on Sunday trying to help my parents with cleaning their car.

Also, funny thing about Ray (owner of the unrestored black 70 charger who was parked next to me).  We were talking and I looked at his paperwork and saw that the build sheet was on a 1969 style window sticker.  I asked him if it was an early built car and he said yes.  I think he ordered it in Oct. and he got it in Dec. of 1969.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Great pics, Dan!  :cheers:
I've got a slew of pics I took, too. I gotta post them, hopefully later today.

I was pleasantly shocked at the turnout this year. Overall the show was still on the small side, but huge compared to the last two years. Swap meet vendors were down on Sunday, but the word was that there was another Mopar show in CT they were headed to. The conflicting shows this weekend could have affected attendance at either. There were still great deals to be found.

There was a nice assortment of Mopars in each class. Light modified cars seemed to be the most popular. Stock show standout was John's recently completed yellow Daytona. Stunning car & restoration.  :yesnod: :drool5:

It was nice to see at least an attempt to pump some life back into this show, which may have been the reason for a increase in attendance. There were even some qualified judges on Sunday, some of which I knew very well. If they keep adding to this show each year, perhaps in a few years it will make the comeback to what it once was. Next year's highlight is an A12 display.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Quote from: A383Wing on August 26, 2012, 10:45:41 PM
that purple 'Cuda convert with the little slant 6 is just gorgeous......I would take that car anyday

Bryan

No kidding!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

How much did they want for the Blue 70 AAR with white top/interior?  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   And the White and black ARR is forsale too correct? I believe that car is at Carlisle every year. I think the original color is red.  :coolgleamA:

Excellent Pics B-Dan..  But no ducks?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Old Moparz

Nice pics Dan, looks like a much better turn out than previous years.   :cheers:

I debated on going Sunday, but the last time I went it was such a huge disappointment. After spending a small fortune on gas, tolls & the entry fee to see 13 vendors & 48 cars, I wasn't going to do that again. The free car cruise by me with live music had 3 to 4 times as many cars.  :lol:

Next year I'll go since it appears that the Englishtown show is finally making a comeback.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BananaDan

Quote from: resq302 on August 27, 2012, 06:17:02 AM
Dan gorgeous pics as usual.  As soon as I get a chance to resize mine Ill post them.  Looks like those were taken from Sunday?  Mine I did on Sat as I figured I would be too busy on Sunday trying to help my parents with cleaning their car.

The pics are from both days.

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 27, 2012, 08:14:44 AM
No kidding!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

How much did they want for the Blue 70 AAR with white top/interior?  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   And the White and black ARR is forsale too correct? I believe that car is at Carlisle every year. I think the original color is red.  :coolgleamA:

Excellent Pics B-Dan..  But no ducks?

No, no ducks.  They were on holiday.   :lol:  I didn't notice a price tag on the Blue AAR, but the white one was $34,500.  I spoke to the owners for a bit, they were nice guys.  Yes, it is an FE5 car and it needs some TLC.  It is a true AAR but not #'s and she needs a total body resto IMO.  It was sweet though.

BananaDan

Also, funny thing about Ray (owner of the unrestored black 70 charger who was parked next to me).  We were talking and I looked at his paperwork and saw that the build sheet was on a 1969 style window sticker.  I asked him if it was an early built car and he said yes.  I think he ordered it in Oct. and he got it in Dec. of 1969.

Yes, good point.  He did tell me Oct 69 order and Dec 69 delivery.  He said when he heard that the 70s were going to be the last of the 2nd generation he decided he had better go and get one.  I took a number of detail photos of his car as well, posted over here.  

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=1614.0

If you look at his hood mounted blinker wiring leads, they plug into his harness like a 69 setup, not like mine.  My hood blinkers are just two barrel plugs on the front light harness by the bulkhead and the blinker leads connect to each pigtail.  On Ray's car, his also have the black two-wire socket plug that plugs the pigtails into the harness.  I guess they changed the wiring mid-year.  My car had a build date of Jan 1970, but to be honest I have modern harnesses (Bill Evans) so who's to say when they might have made the swap.   :shruggy:

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

six-tee-nine

I really loved the Cuda convertible with the /6   very original
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bakerhillpins

WOW that unrestored 70 is SWEET! DAUM.. 

Now I am not usually a fan of those "door ding guards" or what ever the heck they are called on these cars but they do look good on that car all shiny like that.  :coolgleamA:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

RIDELIKEHELL

:drool5: as usual Dan great pictures of some gorgeous cars
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

BananaDan

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 27, 2012, 01:05:09 PM
WOW that unrestored 70 is SWEET! DAUM.. 

Now I am not usually a fan of those "door ding guards" or what ever the heck they are called on these cars but they do look good on that car all shiny like that.  :coolgleamA:

Yeah, it's funny, I was telling Ray how I consider those protector strips as my first sign that a car is a survivor.  They were so popular back then but anything restored would have had them removed.  He said he can't remove them without body work which he doesn't want to do, they're a part of that car.  He told me he opted for the "better" kind that required holes to be drilled into the panels and installed with barrel push nuts rather than adhesive.  So if they came off she'd look like swiss cheese.

tan top

Also, funny thing about Ray (owner of the unrestored black 70 charger who was parked next to me).  We were talking and I looked at his paperwork and saw that the build sheet was on a 1969 style window sticker.  I asked him if it was an early built car and he said yes.  I think he ordered it in Oct. and he got it in Dec. of 1969.

i have from  memory !!
seen  early realy   70 F serise  cars , ie late 69 built   cars with a 69  style broadcast sheet ,  :scratchchin:  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on August 26, 2012, 10:45:41 PM

Bryan

I was thinking the same.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

PlainfieldCharger

Don't have anything close to that in my neck of the woods. So many.... :drool5:

resq302

Quote from: tan top on August 27, 2012, 04:25:57 PM

Also, funny thing about Ray (owner of the unrestored black 70 charger who was parked next to me).  We were talking and I looked at his paperwork and saw that the build sheet was on a 1969 style window sticker.  I asked him if it was an early built car and he said yes.  I think he ordered it in Oct. and he got it in Dec. of 1969.

i have seen from  memory seen  early realy   70 F serise  cars , ie late 69 built   cars with a 69  style broadcast sheet ,  :scratchchin:   

Our 70 chally vert that had a SPO date of 9/28/69 has its broadcast sheet on a 69 E series sheet.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Great pics Dan.  Looks like a pretty decent turnout?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T