News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

That time of year for mice pissing on your engine's.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, August 30, 2012, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I can't find my original mice thread but once again I'm finding them in my shed.  They will build nest in your lawn equipment engines etc, and piss there.  The nest will block the fins and the engines will over heat.  Peanut butter on a mouse trap always gets em in my shed.
Look two in one shot!!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Old Moparz

I always like to be a little creative. After I catch a few, I'll open up a bottle of Jose Cuervo & see what happens next.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Fred

So are you saying the rats have fallen over in a drunken stupor?  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

AKcharger

Cooter

Yep, time for me to get out the 'ol Moth balls and stink up the cars again.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

41husk

I like the stick traps layed in the floor boards.  You can see were they try to chew there little arms off to get away :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Cooter on August 31, 2012, 06:31:45 AM

Ya know, dryer sheets will accomplish the same thing, and they make the car smell like fresh linen  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: Cooter on August 31, 2012, 06:31:45 AM

Ya know, dryer sheets will accomplish the same thing, and they make the car smell like fresh linen  :icon_smile_big:

I've used both the dryer sheets & the electronic repellents (3 for $9.95 at JC Whitney) & it cut way down on the amount of droppings I was finding. I need to put more sheets out all over the garage, the old ones are too old.
               Bob                

Silver R/T

Have a cat or two run on your property. Our cat gets anything that moves in the yard
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PA Dodger

They were getting into the cowl of my 'Cuda through the corners behind the fenders. I put moth balls in mesh cloth and put them in the cowls. That didn't work. Tried dryer sheets inb the Dart. Nope, that don't work either. Even tried Irish Spring bars of soap since i heard that works. They actually gnawed on it. Regular old mouse traps did the job everything else couldn't. Turned out to be 2 or 3 persistent suckers.
From researching I hear fresh peppermint leaves work. The cars will smell like minty fresh next spring.   
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

dukeboy_01

This stuff works very well around here.  Tends to dry them up quick I guess, I've never noticed any smell from them.  A jack russell is another option...I have two of em'.  Just keep the two options away from each other!

Old Moparz

Over the weekend I was "planning" to work on one of my car projects, but got side tracked with a rodent issue. Looks like the electronic repellers & the drier sheets ain't working so good anymore. I was moving a few things & discovered a bunch of droppings, then found nest materials made from a car seat as well as pieces of acorns.  :flame:  I had to empty out the trunk of my Charger, clean the sheet metal floor from the stains that the droppings & urine left. Not only that, I had to remove the trunk lid to empty out the crap they managed to put inside it.  :icon_smile_angry:  

Now I need to inspect a couple of things in my shed so they don't rot out from the inside. Word of advice, check all extra parts laying around like doors, hoods, etc., for this kind of stuff.

I also installed new door edge seals on the overhead doors to make the gaps tighter. So much for getting work on the car done.  ::)
               Bob                

resq302

that reminds me..... I gotta put the dryer sheets into our el camino that is temporarily in my garage while the charger is at my parents house!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BigBlockSam

i've caught 7 in one week . 6 little guys and one larger one . i just put down more glue traps and poison . hope i catch some more

:cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brightyellow69rtse

i dont use poison. im too afraid of it dying somewhere i cant get at it and stinking up wherever it died.

BigBlockSam

caught another baby . the big one is smart . he goes around the glue traps  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img