News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

upper control arm bracket

Started by young mopar, August 31, 2012, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

young mopar

I have a 68 charger and both of my upper control arm brackets are rotted pretty bad. Can you buy just the bracket or do I have to replace the whole shock tower?

Chryco Psycho

it is a structural part so I would recommend replacing the tower if the rust is that bad or you may not be able to keep it aligned

young mopar

Okay thanks. Not the news I was hopeing for but, thats not a part to cheap out on.

Chryco Psycho

It is better to spend a bit extra cash  than crash the car over a suspension failure !!
I cannot see what you are looking at so I am going on what you tell me , you say they are rotted badly in that area so you kinda know what the response will be , if the surrounding shock tower is solid then replacing the brackets is an option but there is always more rust than you can see & the bracket is thicker than the surrounding tower so if the bracket is bad the tower should be weak .  :shruggy: