News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73-74 Charger in new Mad Max Fury Road movie

Started by Indygenerallee, September 01, 2012, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

I was going through some pre production pics for the set for the new Mad Max Fury Road movie coming out next year and I found what looks like a 73-74 Charger on the far right. Take a look! These vehicles are super badass looking there is a double 59' Caddy on ag tires with dual mounted flame throwers also if you go through some of the pics.

Mad Max detour near Henties Bay by alphonsomimms, on Flickr
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Didn't know they were doing another Mad Max, is it a Gibson film or more like a remake?  Nice to see them throw a Charger in there and hopefully they aren't going to destroy it.

Indygenerallee

No Mel Gibson he would be too old!!, supposedly this movie has been in development since 1985 after the Beyond Thunderdome, a couple of known actors, several vehicles were built here in the states and shipped to Africa where filming is taking place, those brothers that built the tracked vehicles for the military (name escapes me now they had a show on Discovery channel) built one for the movie. I can't wait for it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392190/fullcredits

Ghoste

Would an old Mel be bad?  It might be an interesting thing for them to explore the travels of Max many years after. :shruggy:

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ghoste on September 01, 2012, 12:20:45 PM
Would an old Mel be bad?  It might be an interesting thing for them to explore the travels of Max many years after. :shruggy:

Yeah they could call it "Mad Mel:  Beyond Anti-Semitism"
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Indygenerallee

elacruze

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on September 01, 2012, 02:16:43 PM

Yeah they could call it "Mad Mel:  Beyond Anti-Semitism"

I think that falls under the 'politics religion and bullshit trolling' category.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

TruckDriver

I knew about the movie a year ago already. The guy I think they got to be in the Mel Gibson role, actually looks a little like Mel when he was younger.

There is more on the movie here http://www.madmaxmovies.com/

This is from 2009, but still interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQNrSWxtm38
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Indygenerallee

Yeah I had read some stuff on it way back in 2007 but it has been put off, one reason it is shooting in Africa is because Australia had the floods.

Mike DC

The guy playing Max in the new one is also the bad guy in this summer's Batman flick.

elanmars

Mel turned it down because he felt too old to play the role....  :shruggy:

however, it's the same director as the other mad max movies and the new actor, Tom Hardy, IS pretty awesome.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Ghoste

Well, I'm sure it'll still be a good sci fi romp with or without Mel.  Futuristic car chases. :2thumbs:

GOTWING

GHOSTE,  the charger is already destroyed !! :slap: however looking forward to seeing it, sooooo is it going to feature another falcon interceptor with a fake blower?  :scratchchin:

GL#10

Hey

I hauled some of the cars for the film from Broken Hill , back into Sydney to be shipped to South Africa  . There are two XB Interceptors , stunt car with full cage and a close up car , the doubled up caddy with side by side blown engines was insane  .

It is a shame they did not stay down under to film  , they blamed the "greening " of broken hill because of all the rain , they could have filmed elsewhere down here , it was more to do with costs , cheaper labour in South Africa .

The charger must have been sourced in south africa  , it wasn't in the bunch i hauled .

Mike DC

Hey man.  Cool gig, hauling the MMFR cars.  

Yeah, they probably left Aussieland over costs.  Too bad but it happens every day in the movie industry.  Just like the old Spaghetti Westerns of the 1960s being filmed in Italy rather than the USA.  

It does look weird seeing a non-Aussie Charger in there, even if the car is in the ballpark for the Mad Max universe.

When you say they had a pair of XB Falcons . . . are you talking about a pair of cars portraying Max's black XB that got destroyed in the second movie?  Or are you talking about the silver Falcon off-roader in the pics that have been circulating?  (Or something else?)

Do you know anything about the storyline?  Timeframe/setting in relation to the other movies, etc?  

GL#10

They are the BOB Interceptor XB coupe , from what i understand this movie is ment to be before Mad Max 3 beyond thunderdome , hence the Interceptor still being around .
The coupe only has one rear gas tank in the trunk not the twin tanks seen in Mad Max 2  .

Shame production left the country .

Mike DC

I remember there was talk of this movie being set between #1 and #2 (probably a lot closer to #2 though). 

That would make sense with the BOB Interceptor being killed during #2 but showing up in this movie.  It would also fit if there was only one tank on the back of the car in this one, as if Max kept adding extra tanks the longer he spent in the wasteland. 

I will also be surprised if they do this whole movie with only 2 copies of Max's car.  That was normal in the 1970s/80s but not now.  If the car gets much screen action then I would expect at least 4 or 5 copies of it.