News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do your wives know what your car is worth?

Started by hatersaurusrex, September 02, 2012, 01:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

I see guys all over this board saying 'Miss my car, wife made me sell it'.    Every time I see a nice wing car for sale, it's well over 100K.    So my question (for those that have them):  Do your wives know your car is worth six figures?   If she asks, do you kick around in the dirt and say 'Nah, honey, that big nosecone and that wing mean it's probably not worth 5 grand'.

:)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Fred

I don't have a wing on mine but even so it cost me well over $100k to get it to how I wanted it.
And yes, the wife knows. She's ok with it.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

41husk

My car is a clone.  It was made from a real 69 RT/SE tripple black car.  That being said my wife knows since it is a clone it is only worth about 32K :cheers: :2thumbs: :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

elacruze

I wanted a garage, but the straw that broke the camel's back was needing it for insurance on the Charger. Between the two, I'm in for about $100k. She knows it, approved it, and enjoys it. Both the car and garage-now the laundry is inside and we have a porch...
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Ghoste

charger1972

My wife thinks its worth more than it is just because she knows how much i have payed for all the parts over the years.

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 02, 2012, 08:32:25 AM
My car is a clone.  It was made from a real 69 RT/SE tripple black car.  That being said my wife knows since it is a clone it is only worth about 32K :cheers: :2thumbs: :nana:
let me write her a check right now  ,  whats her phone number   :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

adauto

Mines never asked, I've never said. But then I've never taken away from the household budget, keeps things nice n' smooth
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

moparguy01

Im nowhere near into it that far, but figure there are a few things the wife doesn't ever need to know. How much the car is worth, and how much my life insurance policy is worth...... :-\ You think I'm joking......

Cooter

Wifey knows how much her "Christine" is worth and exactly how much we sank into her. However, she also knows that it will NEVER be worth anything to someone else as everybody wants it for nothing.

Therfore, she is content simply owning it. The GL however, she knows how much the "Craze" a few years back said they were "Supposedly" jumped in price, but since trying to sell him, she's reallized the same is true for all antique cars. Everybody wants them for nothing to eiuther
1. Flip for profit...
2. Tell all their buddies how much of a deal they got so their own wives that control their lives can feel good about "allowing" them to own it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mopar John

:yesnod:My wife Linda knows what Daytonas and Superbirds are worth! The cost of the Daytona restoration got her real interested in what  the wing car values are. I couldn't have done it without her!
MJ

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on September 02, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
Quote from: 41husk on September 02, 2012, 08:32:25 AM
let me write her a check right now  ,  whats her phone number   :nana: :nana: :nana:
I think her new # is 1-800-DIV-ORCE
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi68charger

Yeap, she does......... When we got married, the cars were part of our wedding vows..........   :D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XH29N0G

Yes she does. 

She has been very understanding and tells me that she views it as something that makes me happy. 

She was also the one that suggested we start another car to keep my son occupied.

Mind you, we also agreed not to spend all on the car, but to save for other things too.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ODZKing

Yep, very much into it with me.
She also know we most likely have WAY more into it than either of them are worth.  She knows that we are doing it for us, not to make money because we will NEVER get out of them what we have into them.

FJ5WING

my wife knows enough to get me in trouble, She knows what I paid because we were dating back in 86 when I picked it up and has sat through a few episodes of Barrett-Jackson.
wingless now, but still around.

3--Daytona

As the owner  of 3 Daytona's, I can truthfully say, my wife is into wing car's as much as I . I never enter a car show that her name goes on the entry blank to.
By the way I gave her a Mod  Top for mothrs day a few years back.
When ask what my black car is worth-- My standard answer---4-bedroom,house lake view 4- car garage- swimming pool--- leave it at that.

Ghoste

Tilar

Not married, but at this stage of the game if I were married, it wouldn't matter if she knew or not.   :coolgleamA:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

doctor4766

Quote from: Tilar on September 03, 2012, 05:43:26 PM
Not married, but at this stage of the game if I were married, it wouldn't matter if she knew or not.   :coolgleamA:

Grasshopper, you still have much to learn.
Gotta love a '69

Tilar

Quite the contrary... I learned a long time ago.   :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

GOTWING

yep, i explain it's like a rolling 401k you can enjoy! :smilielol: however i have less in it then what a new Focus costs. :nana: