News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark plugs

Started by steves66, February 06, 2006, 06:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steves66

What type of spark plugs should I use on my 493 stroker build? I had my block zero decked, 10.5:1 compression ratio, Ross dished pistons, .39 quench, 84cc e-heads.

firefighter3931

NGK bcpr6es is what you want for that build. A "6" series plug is the right heat range for a mostly street combo on pump gas.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

steves66

janimm

What about using NGK BCPR7ES? Since I'm running 11.2:1 static compression, I though that using "7" series would help running on pump gas. Any disadvantages on using "7" plug ??? ???

firefighter3931

Quote from: janimm on February 07, 2006, 09:23:51 AM
What about using NGK BCPR7ES? Since I'm running 11.2:1 static compression, I though that using "7" series would help running on pump gas. Any disadvantages on using "7" plug ??? ???

The 7 series is slightly cooler than the 6 so in your case it might work out because you're running more static compression than Steve is. The 6 seems to work well by keeping some heat in the chamber to help make power with the quicker burning 93 UL pump gas. A friend of mine runs the 7's in his 12.2:1 e-headed stroker but it is a race only deal and runs on 110 race fuel.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs