News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why is it, when selling a vehicle...

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, January 21, 2012, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

c00nhunterjoe

I have a seperate email address soley used for craigslist because of the idiots. I pulled my ad to sell my belvedere due to the moronic replies and offers. I specified no trades and that was 90% of the emails. I had pictures and specifics on the car, engine build, trans, rear. Detail after detail. Listed every flaw. I got a few people to come look at it and then lowball the crap out of me, like ridiculous lowball. One guy offered 1500 bucks for it. I got fed up and pulled the ad. Racingjunk.com wasn't any better. I gave up. The car is still sitting in the driveway.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on September 04, 2012, 12:26:24 PM
Like, "will you take payments?".

my reply to that is "yes, one payment, then you can have car"

Bryan

jaak

Quote from: jaak on September 03, 2012, 07:52:05 PM
You have to deal with the same idiots when your looking to buy too....

Jason

And it continues. I've had three people email me about cars...of course no pics! I ask them for pics, they respond "no problem, send them when I get home".  Well two days, still no pics did they ever get home???? Why take the effort, to send an email, if you have no intentions of trying to sell??? Heck why not just attach a pic with the original email.....it's not that hard, I'm sure a baboon could do it.

Rant off,
Jason

68r/t

I had the strangest deal happen when I sold my wife's 78 trans am 2 months ago.
the car sits in the corner of my workplace and a customer comes in and asks if it is for sale?  I said we were thinking about it so he asks how much? I said $18000  now the car car still has the cover over most of it and the guy has not seen the whole thing and i,m telling him about a couple of small issues with the car and then he says I will give you $20000 for it?    I said sounds good but I,m  asking $18000 and nobody pays more than asking price.
He says talk to the wife and I will be back in 2 weeks, wife's says OK  3 weeks go by and I never see the buyer and I have no contact details.
Another 2 weeks go by and the guy walks in the door and asks if the wife wants to sell? I said yep, so he does a walk around I start the motor and said to him take it for a drive he says no but I,m going to give you $21000 for it.   I told him that he was crazy and he tells me that he wants that car, I will give you a check now, post dated for 2 weeks and I will pick the car up when the check has cleared and you have the money, so I said OK sounds good.

Two weeks later I bank the check and it bounces (no funds) I have a giggle to myself and thought it was to good to be true and have a laugh with the guys at work about it, the next day the buyer walks in very apologetic about the check and gives me $21000 cash and picks the car up a week later.

i still cant work it out but I,m not complaining ;D

Silver R/T

I had a guy show up to check out my car for sale. He talked to me about this Jeep Rubicon for an hour, never bought the car though.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bill440rt

Well, all the stars & planets must have aligned yesterday. Two guys showed up & bought those used couches I had on CL. Even bought two end tables to go with it.
Truly an a$$-ache, but I'm glad the stuff is gone. Beats throwing it away at the dump.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

Quote from: 68r/t on September 06, 2012, 07:25:04 PM
the car sits in the corner of my workplace and a customer comes in and asks if it is for sale?  I said we were thinking about it so he asks how much? I said $18000  now the car car still has the cover over most of it and the guy has not seen the whole thing and i,m telling him about a couple of small issues with the car and then he says I will give you $20000 for it?    I said sounds good but I,m  asking $18000 and nobody pays more than asking price.
He says talk to the wife and I will be back in 2 weeks, wife's says OK  3 weeks go by and I never see the buyer and I have no contact details.
Another 2 weeks go by and the guy walks in the door and asks if the wife wants to sell? I said yep, so he does a walk around I start the motor and said to him take it for a drive he says no but I,m going to give you $21000 for it.   I told him that he was crazy and he tells me that he wants that car, I will give you a check now, post dated for 2 weeks and I will pick the car up when the check has cleared and you have the money, so I said OK sounds good.

Two weeks later I bank the check and it bounces (no funds) I have a giggle to myself and thought it was to good to be true and have a laugh with the guys at work about it, the next day the buyer walks in very apologetic about the check and gives me $21000 cash and picks the car up a week later.

Are you sure you're not having a dream?  Have you woken up yet?  :lol:
If you have......Then that's a dream come true.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

I've found VERY few people enjoy the BUYING process....I've found a whole lot that enjoy the hell outta the "Haggling" process part of swinging a deal.

For many, all they really want to see if they "Still got it" when it comes to getting you down on a price on a car they never intend to buy at all.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Old Moparz

He has your bank account number now.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ACUDANUT

That does not mean he has access to it...BTW, how could he have it anyway. ?

Old Moparz

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 07, 2012, 09:19:31 AM
That does not mean he has access to it...BTW, how could he have it anyway. ?

When you deposit a check that you receive into your account, your account number goes on the back along with your signature. The bank stamps it so now the bank name is also on the check. The account from where the check was written gets the cancelled check back with the bank name, the endorsement sig & the account number on it. The party that wrote the check may not have direct access to the account, but they have enough info to get started.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

68r/t

Quote from: Fred on September 07, 2012, 03:16:08 AM
the car sits in the corner of my workplace and a customer comes in and asks if it is for sale?  I said we were thinking about it so he asks how much? I said $18000  now the car car still has the cover over most of it and the guy has not seen the whole thing and i,m telling him about a couple of small issues with the car and then he says I will give you $20000 for it?    I said sounds good but I,m  asking $18000 and nobody pays more than asking price.
He says talk to the wife and I will be back in 2 weeks, wife's says OK  3 weeks go by and I never see the buyer and I have no contact details.
Another 2 weeks go by and the guy walks in the door and asks if the wife wants to sell? I said yep, so he does a walk around I start the motor and said to him take it for a drive he says no but I,m going to give you $21000 for it.   I told him that he was crazy and he tells me that he wants that car, I will give you a check now, post dated for 2 weeks and I will pick the car up when the check has cleared and you have the money, so I said OK sounds good.

Are you sure you're not having a dream?  Have you woken up yet?  :lol:
If you have......Then that's a dream come true.

100% true story and yes a dream that come true :icon_smile_big:
the reason for post dating the check was that  he was expecting some funds to come in from overseas, but they were a few days late and 5 days after I banked the check and 1 day after I get the letter from the bank he comes in with cash.

I,m in Australia and our bank account numbers are often handed out for transactions as that is the way most people want to do it now, if someone has my account details they can only make a deposit not a withdrawal.

1974dodgecharger

dude that has to be the weirdest transaction ever I heard. WOW just WOW....Im still trying to understand it.

68RED4SPEED

Quote from: 68RED4SPEED on September 03, 2012, 02:28:28 AM
Tomorrow 10.30 PM I will pickup a guy at the local airport, wednesday morning we will drive to the bank and close the deal, really hopes he shows up, sold my convertible.

The guy showed up looked at the car and did the payment, next morning he started and drove it home over 800 miles, and now Im looking for a Cuda 1970-71. Yahh he came home without any issues.

Fred

Quote from: 68RED4SPEED on September 08, 2012, 07:53:58 AM
Quote from: 68RED4SPEED on September 03, 2012, 02:28:28 AM
Tomorrow 10.30 PM I will pickup a guy at the local airport, wednesday morning we will drive to the bank and close the deal, really hopes he shows up, sold my convertible.

The guy showed up looked at the car and did the payment, next morning he started and drove it home over 800 miles, and now Im looking for a Cuda 1970-71. Yahh he came home without any issues.

Good news.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.