News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else have the Corvette 50th Anniversary Clock? Modify it for CHARGERS?

Started by Wakko, July 20, 2005, 01:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I'm not a big Corvette fan (though I am a diehard GM guy) but I love this clock so much I got two.   It has something like 8 or 10 sound bytes of either squealing tires, revving engines or high speed passes and they sound really bad ass.   Now if I can figure out how to change the face to one with Chargers it'd be perfect.   It does a sound effect on the hour and has a diode that cuts the sound in the dark.

I got both of mine on Ebay for less than ten bucks each.

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Brock Samson

Sounds like a job for Chargerbill!   :METAL: 1966- 1974 make 9, plus the '69 500 and a DAYTONA   = 12... justa thought...

wait... scratch that,... and don't nobody say add an '06..  :rotz:

Wakko

Hey Bill, how hard would that be?   I can take one apart and mail you the face if you want.   It's just round paper (I think) with a small hole for the light sensor under 12...

And Strat...9+2=11.      :moon:

We could use Jonathan and Shelly's purple blower car for 12     :icon_smile_tongue:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Brock Samson

Wakko

You wouldn't appreciate a gorgeous day if you didn't have rainy crap weather to compare it to...so we'll have to put non-69s on the clock...  :lol:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

ChargerBill

Well guys, I could do it, but the part that will determine wether the final outcome is good or bad is the printing and the paper. For me to do my part I will need the outer (cut) dimension of the round paper (the part that is hidden by the clock frame), the clock frame inner dimension and the distance from center to the exact middle of each Corvette picture (just one picture measurement will work) AND, then give me an exact or rough size estimate of the oval size of one of the Vette pics.

As far as prining, I'd guess it was a 100 lb minimum semigloss card stock and possibly with a UV laminate so that it wont fade too soon. You could have the print done as a digital print at Kinko's possibly...just bring in the original Vette print as a sample.

This will take me a couple of hours to do so that it is decent, or about 4 to 5 hours so that it is awesome. I may want a clock myself...where did you get it and how much$$?
Life is a highway...

Wakko

Bill, I'll mail you one of mine to keep if you are willing/able to do it.  Check your PMs.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

ChargerBill

Quote from: Wakko on July 20, 2005, 09:59:08 PM
Bill, I'll mail you one of mine to keep if you are willing/able to do it.   Check your PMs.

You got a deal! So, can you send me the dimensions? Have you taken the clock apart yet?
Life is a highway...