News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aluminum radiators

Started by mickelsdogs, September 12, 2012, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickelsdogs

ALUMINUM RADAITORS so done got me one of the the american eagle ae-1635 radiators. fitment is perfect radiator to body. Now to the hose fitings BOTH inlet and outlet are 1.5 inches o.d.So who with a big block has a 1.5 inch dia. out from waterpump housing to lower radiator fitting?   After much conversation with the screen readers and their tech people, all I got is thats what we make. IT WILL COOL.   THE SERIOUS FIX  to send american eagle   original radiator 2 them and the 1 that I ORIGINALY bought PLUS $500.00 american  on top of what it COST  for original purchase.              ENOUGH TEARS       My fix for lower outlet made a bushing to fit over it.   The aluminum bushing 1.5 id the od 1.75 with hose barb then weld on at the opening of the throat goin in.  so much for warrnty. please b ware of this.    I can and will make these bushings for a fee.  Damn thing actually does run much COOLER.   ANY BODY ELSE DELT WITH  american eagle REALY DOES RUN MUCH COOLER

Cooter

Yep, just got one myself. Love the fit. Perfect for 26" core. No need to frustrate over the difference in bung sizes, as most fixes are exactly what you did.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"