News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 superbird for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, September 19, 2012, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Indygenerallee

Modded Daytona nose?? and Daytona wing, wing looks funny from side profile.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

Looks like a 'Bird wing to me....

Bryan

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

I bet Petty would have liked to have one back in the day.  Petty blue of course. :coolgleamA:

odcics2

Needs the front lowered!   I agree - wing looks odd.   It's too tall for the higher deck lid of the 71-4  B Bodies..   

This is the best '71 & later "Super Bird" I have seen...     :drool5:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

The wing does llok too tall expecially those rear and rear 3/4 shots, the nose  fits well though.  The angle of the stripes clash with the wing uprights in a side profile to my eye, I wonder if they would have gone to a different stripe had they gone ahead with the 71 wing cars?

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2012, 05:15:15 AM
The wing does llok too tall expecially those rear and rear 3/4 shots, the nose  fits well though.  The angle of the stripes clash with the wing uprights in a side profile to my eye, I wonder if they would have gone to a different stripe had they gone ahead with the 71 wing cars?
I agree about the stripes. I'd lose them altogether

moparstuart

I like the nose from the side and front , but from the top its too long the hood needed an extension , like the original so that nose is not so long on top

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

How close is this one to the factory drawings that are out there?  It isn't one of the ones from Gary and Pam?

Benji

Quote from: odcics2 on September 20, 2012, 04:47:11 AM
Needs the front lowered!   I agree - wing looks odd.   It's too tall for the higher deck lid of the 71-4  B Bodies..   

This is the best '71 & later "Super Bird" I have seen...     :drool5:

+1!

Benji

Dave Kanofsky

At least wait until it stops raining to take the pics!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

41husk

Thats ok Dave, black won't show anything not even water spots :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Gary42

No, its not the "G" series that Gary and Pam built to factory specs. Here is the pic of the one they built, much better then what you are looking at now......
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

Gary42

Another view....

- Mark Twain

Aero426

Same guy who had an orange ten footer Daytona clone for sale not too long ago.       Someone commented at that time about other cars visible in the garages.     Not too bad from a distance, but this one  still has that amateur look to it.  You can see why Gary and Pam picked the nose combination they did for their car.    Also, pick one stripe or the other, but not BOTH, LOL. 

Ghoste

You could get both from Plymouth originally too, could you not?  Which, by the way, doesn't make it right.

Gary42

According to what Gary and Pam put on their old web site, here is the how they came up with the idea. If I'm not mistaken, Larry said something one time about Mike building this nose from scratch as he was the engineer on the project.

71 SUPERBIRD

71 'G-SERIES' SUPERBIRD: Built in 2003 by Gary & Pam Beineke using Chrysler's discarded G-Series aerodynamic testing report; this prototype represents the street version of what was slated to be built for the 71 NASCAR season had the aero cars not been virtually banned. Specifications: 472 Hemi Six-barrel, Keisler 5 sp; Dana 3.54; SSBC 4 wheel discs; Factory sunroof; PS; rallye wheels.

I know stripes were offered for the Roadrunner cars that year, but I don't think they came together as a package. Unless someone ordered it like that?

- Mark Twain

Aero426

There were multiple versions of noses tested on the 1971 wind tunnel models.    I am not looking at the information, but the nose as built on Gary and Pam's street car may not have been the optimum aero package.    But it does work well with the stock Plymouth fenders they had to work with.    My impression has always been that the car as built would have quite a bit more lift than the longer 1970 style nose.

Ghoste

Aero426

Yes on the wings as well as the front and rear glass/roof.  They tested some wild looking stuff.   If you go to Ken Noffsinger's aerowarriors.com page, he has the recommended configurations listed with photo links.   Scroll down to "Plymouth Optimum Configurations".  

http://aerowarriors.com/gswtt.html

BigBlockSam

Quotebut the nose as built on Gary and Pam's street car may not have been the optimum aero package.

:yesnod:

pettybird

"AS HE HAS LOST INTEREST IN FISHING THE CAR FOR PERSONAL REASONS."

probably because he couldn't find a tough enough line to reel the whole car back in.

Ghoste