News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper Motor Bushing

Started by moparfreak, September 19, 2012, 10:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfreak

I was wondering why my wipers weren't working. The motor works fine but when I looked into the cowl, it turns out the plastic hub/bushing for the wiper arm linkage had worn through and failed. I have search for this part looking through all of the traditional places, but haven't had any luck finding. Any known sources for this part?

It's for a 3-speed wiper motor on a '73 Charger. I guess at this point my only thought is to call a local dealer.

Any thoughts? I'd like to drive the car on a day w/o having to check the weather....

Thanks,
Adam

frogman73

I work for oreilly auto parts and it in the help section comes in a packed of different sizes. I have 73 too when I get to work I will tell you the part number. If you dont have a O'Reilly's around you napa and autzone Carry the same brand that we do.

E5 Charger

Charger RT

Quote from: E5 Charger on September 20, 2012, 03:20:51 PM
Is this the bushing you are looking for? The one that connects two linkage arms.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=74+charger+wiper+bushings+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627
if this is the bushing it is still available from the dealer part number 3799089
Tim

moparfreak

It's hard to tell really if that's the right one. Looking at it, I don't think it is. This is the bushing that goes onto the spindle of the motor. I have attached pictures to help clarify (couple shots of the busted bushing and the motor and the linkage.

I have an O-Reilly's across from work, just opened up. I find them very helpful and knowledgeable, much more so than the Advance Auto or Autozone nearby. I'll take this over to them and see what they think.

Thanks,
Adam

E5 Charger

The link I sent you is for the linkage. You need the cam release package. I haven't seen these reproduced. You can check with the dealer (doubt it), buy NOS, or look for a good used one. I can only find 2 speed NOS when I search the net. Good luck.