News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to open glove box door without a key

Started by AmadeusCharger500, February 06, 2006, 10:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I bought 73 charger. The glove box is locked shut and there is no key. Do I need lock pics or a professional? Is there anyway in without beaking something?

JimShine

I would go to a junkyard and ask if you can borrow some Mopar keys right there. Most old time junkyards tend to save keys on walls or in boxes. The glovebox door locks I see tend to only use three of the teeth on the key, so it shouldn't be hard to find a key that will fit.

AmadeusCharger500

So I might be able to use the a key from of my other two mopars?

8WHEELER

I used to have a key ring with 50 mopar keys on it, I was surprised how many cars they fit, most
often the trunk or clove box.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Nacho-RT74

originally and as far I know Trunk key is the same to glovebox and center console... try your one first.

of course is hard along the years that trunk cilinder wasn't be changed sometime... on my car has been changed once, so now I have the trunk key different from the other one what is the original. It is possible be matched anyway.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AmadeusCharger500

The car also is missing the trunk lock and key, it didn't have any keys with it. I tried 2 keys from my other cars and they don't work. Would it work to unbolt the 2 nuts on the inside? I think I can reach around and get to them because the liner is not in. I don't want to unscrew them if thats just going to cause more trouble.

Charger_Fan

If the liner is out, can you reach in & push down the latch on the lock to release it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChgrSteve67

Locksmith.

A good one can make you a key or re-key it.