News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

guage pics?

Started by charger01, February 07, 2006, 06:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Does anyone have a pic of what the instrument cluster for a 69 charger should look like properly restored.  Iam trying to do a pebblegrain one now.
thanks

472 R/T SE

Chris will prolly come along with better pix. The top pic is missing the hazard switch.  The second one's been done and it has the switch.

charger01

Any idea how to replicate the chrome around the guages?   Does someone sell special paint for that?

472 R/T SE

Testor's sells a paint that's close.  I can't remember the color name.

I send mine to http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/interior_parts.htm.  They charge about $130-150 and it comes out awesome.

Paul 500

someone here in England used a silver paint pen to do the round bits & writing, doesnt look too bad. No one in England does plastic re-chroming so we have to try all sorts of things.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

The first pic is my dash when I painted the bezels silver.

The second pic is of the bezels rechromed & restored by Performance Car Graphics.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerRob

Chris, What with the R/T button between the Tac and the Speedo? Where can I get one.  ;D
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: ChargerRob on February 09, 2006, 02:31:29 PM
Chris, What with the R/T button between the Tac and the Speedo? Where can I get one. ;D
Stand in line behind Dan (8WHEELER) ;)

Actually that's originally found on '68 Coronet R/T's only.   I was able to find an NOS one about 7 years ago.
The 68 Chargers either got a bullseye or the triangle fratzog emblem in the center.

I kinda ruined it by chopping off the tabs that would retain it in the rectangular hole of a 68 dash bezel and used a bit of velcro to hold it on my 69 dash :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T