News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slide-a-link, anyone use them??

Started by cryotek, February 07, 2006, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cryotek

Anyone use the Compition engineering Slide-a-link traction bars??  If so how do you like them??

Chryco Psycho

we installed a set on a 440 Duster , it ran 1.78 60' before them & with them the 60' time "dropped" to 1.78

Ghoste

Would they offer any advantage in tuning the suspension for track conditions?

Chryco Psycho

that is what we did set it up for track with sticky tires , it made Zero difference

Ghoste

I meant more for if you were going to different tracks and adjusting for their surfaces.  Or for that matter, the track you were using, if someone oiled down a lane or you went back and the bite was gone?

cryotek

Their primary objective is to prevent axle/spring wind up.  Doesn't sound like anyone is using them though.

Ghoste

Are they GREATLY different from Cal-Tracs?

Mopar2Ya

I'm a ways from getting my car together, but I can offer this advise on Comp Eng Slide-a-link: I tried putting a pair on my new mopar perf XHD springs & they WILL NOT FIT.  :brickwall: I called Comp Eng & they told me that they only fit stock springs. Summit would not take them back sense I'd pressed the bushings in already. I have sense purchased Cal-Tracs from Mancini(who stand behind there stuff a little better plus they know mopars where summit deals w all the brandx...) the cal-tracs are built much better/heavier & will fit most springs(I don't think they fit super stock). If anyone wants a pair of slide-a-links I'll sell the set I've got for $280 plus shipping.
http://www.calvertracing.com/

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8