News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carpet and rear seat question

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, October 14, 2012, 12:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 CHARGER R/T

trimming the carpets fellas when it comes to the rear of the car does the carpet run behind the quarter panel trim ???,   it's been years i just cant remember.also i was putting my rear seat back in yesterday and the two tabs  that are attached on the wheel well on the car are off for some reason , the passenger side one is lower about an inch from the drivers side is this normal cause i cant get the passengers side to lock in place so the so that side doesnt pop up the seat   ???

twodko

When the upholstery shop did my 69 they did tuck a bit of carpet up under the door panels.....about 1/2" or so.
As far as the seat tab goes:

Can you bend it up a bit to engage?

If not perhap you could rivet an extension piece of sheet metal so it will engage.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68 CHARGER R/T

so under the quarter  panel trim  it goes ,  the tab i cant make it to bend upwards   :brickwall:      thanks anyways   twodko   :2thumbs: