News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad luck with Hedman Headers

Started by rustyst, February 08, 2006, 03:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyst

Just thought I would pass on a little info.  I had purchased a set of the Hedman Elite headers from Mancini Racing for my 451 stroker.  I heard there might be some fit issues with the power steering box but didn't realize I would also have fit issues with the oil pan, starter, and transmission. 

In addition to the fit issues with the headers I also have a fit issue with the oil pan I purchased for Mancini, it is hitting the croos member , so now I have to put my old oil pan back on for now.

Just a heads up for anybody thinking about Hedman. >:(

71charger_fan

Mine are Hedman Huslers which I bought under the Mopar Performance brand name from Mancini. The fit my 71 B-body, 400 just fine and I've got power steering. The oil pan I got from them, however, I've never been too thrilled with it but it seals and keeps the oil in so I keep it.

rustyst

I have a '73 Charger, they're hitting everywhere, glad to hear you had better luck.

Slowpoke

I put a set of Headmans on my 82 J10 jeep 360.
I call them the sieve because i have had them offf and
on 4 times and still cant get all the leaks sealed.
But when dealing with an AMC motor you use whats available.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Rolling_Thunder

I went with Hooker Super Comp ceramic coated headers...    my only complaint is that they hung too low on the low deck engines (would be alot better if you had an RB) and they had to be SLIGHTLy dimpled to clear my Lakewood Scattershield - other than that - they fit awesome
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

I have customer with hedmans & they have never sealed , it doesn`t matter which gaskets , how many gaskets or if we use silicone to seal them they leak
another customer has Hookers & they interfere with the steering box badly dimpling the pipe will not help , Crushing it may be enough

cryotek

I have Hooker Super Comp on my 400.  The only problem I had was they touched the stck tranny pan.  No big deal just removed a little material from the stock pan.  I installed a new tranny two years ago with a high capicity heat sink aluminum pan, no more clearance problems. 

I think they are one of the better headers around. 

Ghoste

I have Hedmans.  They do need to be resealed from time to time but I have no issues with fit whatsoever. 

General_01

I have hedmans and they fit fine. I just put them on last year and only ran about 500 miles, so I can't say anything about the sealing on a long term basis.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed