News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy

Started by BananaDan, October 28, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

We battened down the hatches yesterday, both cars plus 3 5-gal cans are filled with gas and we're ready to ride this one out.  How's everyone else doing?
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

jb666

Good.. We'll see what comes up the coast... Everything's secure.. Trailer.. Fuel.. Cars.. Let'er rip!

bill440rt

I guess we're doing OK.
In installed a headliner today in a friends GL, the met Chris (Just6T9) for some slammin' Staten Island thin crust pizza at a local tavern. Cheers, Chris!  :cheers:
Other than that, cupboards are full, cars are full, Halloween decorations & all yard stuff are in. I don't own a generator (really can't afford one at this point), so we're just rollin' the dice.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

NHCharger

Hope all you guys in the NJ/NY stay safe. Here in southern NH we're only expecting 40+ mph winds and a couple inches of rain. Cars and cupboards are full and have enough gas to power the generator for a week.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

I talked to Don today. He said the Chally and Super Coupe are tucked in tight with his Dart. Our cupboards are full. We went to the farmers market this morning and stocked up on fruits and veggies in case we lose power. Lucky we live on the 2nd floor behind the beer store. So we don't have to worry about ice and beverages.  :cheers:  Just getting ready to move Shelby's and my car over to the parking lot beside us. Just to get them away from the trees and poles. I hope everyone stays safe.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on October 28, 2012, 05:11:35 PM
I guess we're doing OK.
In installed a headliner today in a friends GL, the met Chris (Just6T9) for some slammin' Staten Island thin crust pizza at a local tavern. Cheers, Chris!  :cheers:
Other than that, cupboards are full, cars are full, Halloween decorations & all yard stuff are in. I don't own a generator (really can't afford one at this point), so we're just rollin' the dice.

Can't beat Lee's for Beer & Pizza! 
Jacked the Charger up a bit & tried my best to seal off garage door.....always get flooding in backyard when there is a torrential downpour.  No generator for me either but I did invest in the Basement Watchdog last year (battery back up sump pump) just in case of a power outage.

Still debating on trying to make it into work...wish us luck!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Filled up jeeps, put stuff away,  fired up generator for a test run  and got some gas.  I dunno what else to do... except try to go to work in the morning and hope the bridges are still open in the afternoon to get back home.  :shruggy:

In the meantime the gas stations are running empty and the bread and milk aisles were ransacked at the store.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

my73charger

I heard a great tip in case you lose electricity.  If you have solar lights, like the ones you keep outside your house or in the garden, get them charged up and use them at night.  Fill a mason jar with sand and stick them in for a lamp.  I know the ones I have stay lit up almost all night long.  Beats using up batteries.  And good luck over there!!

Charger RT

Living in Florida this has already past us and we are finally getting nice temps. But we also have gear for this type of storm. A few years ago we picked up an led light it uses 6 D cell batteries. Last year when my grandson was born there was a crib in the living room. I needed to replace the batteries in this light since they were a few years old so I used it on night light mode to burn off the batteries and keep people from falling into the crib. It was on for 7-8 hours a night for 4 months before the old batteries were used up. We now have two of this type of light. If I still lived up north this would have worked well in my supplies I had there.

Stay safe if you are in its path.
Tim 

bill440rt

The 1st tree limb just touched earth in the back yard!!  :woohoo:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

Good luck out there. We're talking about a tsunami out here on the left coast.

70 Charger RT

Hurricane in the east, Earthquake in the west (BC). and we're right in the middle.   Hope everyone stays safe.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Old Moparz

Being 60 miles north of NYC & not anywhere near sea level my biggest concern is the wind knocking down trees. Last year the power company hired a bunch of tree contractors to cut back limbs around the wires. I guess they got a lot of grief from the Public Utilities Commission over it after Hurricane Irene & needed to do it justify rate increases.   ::) The biggest storm prep I had to do is make sure I had plenty of gas for the generator & move the camping trailer away from the dead tree on the adjacent property.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

41husk

My brother is in Portsmouth VA.  Yesterday he still had electric just said he was getting a lot of rain.  Hope you all fair well in this!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

i got the car trailer ready to go. looking for some straw bales. got all my candy picked up and in the bowl. bought all the glow in the dark bracelets to hand out to the gobblins. putting the festive lights around the car trailer tonight so it glows big time for all my grandchildren and newphews kids to ride on while out trick-or-treating......   

............. :scratchchin:  oh wait, we might be getting ready for something different than you guys. good luck out there. our thoughts will be with you. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bill440rt

They are ordering a few evacuations around here already. Just went to the garage & put the cars up on jackstands. Better safe than sorry.

41husk

absolutely you can never be to safe, good luck!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69_500

Hoping that you guys all weather the storm safely. You guys and gals too are in our prayers.

BananaDan

Last check before bed. No power, no rain, huge wind and a dry basement (thankfully).
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

billfury

I'm in my building (work) on 7th ave Manhattan and its real bad. I been here since 3 am, and have to stay all night and tomorrow. City closed off all bridges and tunnels, and the water is coming over the Westside highway. They just shut down 7th ave. not to far from me a 5 story building came down. I just hope everything home will be OK.I live in Staten Island and my house is in the A zone to evacuate. So far no floods yet, but my wife told me there is a power line sparking on the street. My 72 charger should be good, unless the roof comes down. It on a rotisserie and is off the ground. All the parts are on the loft. I wish the best of luck for anyone who has to be out in this. The first picture is the very busy 7th ave mid town Manhattan. It's never this empty EVER. The second picture is 42nd street subway taking in some water.

Old Moparz

Well, that dead tree behind my trailer broke in half & most of it landed right where the trailer was parked. Glad the crystal ball was fully charged this time.  :lol:

Although part of it did hit the 200 gallon propane tank & bent the copper line that feeds underground to my house but nothing broke.   :o
               Bob                

TUFCAT

OMG I can't believe how dangerous this is...!  I feel so sorry for people in Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, New york...and even Connecticut and Rhode Island. You guys got slammed

I hope everyone is safe and sound.  Please respond when you can!

Please post pictures and stories in the next few days and good luck to all of our east coast...I hope you don't suffer any serious damage....and please be safe!  :angel:

Cooter

Thankfully, just a sh*tload of rain and wind so far. Still got power which is amazing, as a cow can piss on an electric fence and my power goes out.

Buddy in Maryland called last night as he was pushing slush (Snow plow), and said NYC got the worst, but he was still seeing power outtages as we spoke.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Old Moparz

Heard on the news that a tidal lock or gate on a levee in NJ broke. Three towns, Moonachie, Little Ferry and Carlstadt are underwater & people are being rescued by boat. This area was not told to evacuate & people are going up on their roof to get out of the water.   :o

I used to live near there & when there were heavy rains many streets flooded up to a couple of feet deep. Hope it isn't as bad as the news is making it out to be. 
               Bob