News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

31 Nash rat rod , im ditching mopars for ever turning into a chevy guy NOT!!!

Started by moparstuart, November 04, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I wouldn't say I'm into them either.  At least not enough to own one, but I can definitely see the appeal of them.  They have fun written all over them.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2012, 10:59:43 AM
I wouldn't say I'm into them either.  At least not enough to own one, but I can definitely see the appeal of them.  They have fun written all over them.
definatly an aquired taste or at least in my case  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I think for me in many ways it really comes down to being that one project too many on the list of dream projects so I just sort of choose to leave it off?  If that makes any sense.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2012, 11:06:48 AM
I think for me in many ways it really comes down to being that one project too many on the list of dream projects so I just sort of choose to leave it off?  If that makes any sense.
for me i decided to simplify my life and projects  , you cant get more simple then this   :yesnod:

Ghoste

With the unfortunate exception of getting rid of your Road Runner and the 500 though, you already have several other cool cars around.

Ghoste

Which, by the way, I'm not criticizing.  I'm pointing it out as a positive, buddy.  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2012, 11:30:48 AM
Which, by the way, I'm not criticizing.  I'm pointing it out as a positive, buddy.  :cheers:
still have the other 69 charger project that needs to be sold , then i just have the two runners 
The 70 post car is rust free and will get restored someday .

Ghoste

moparstuart

Steve P.

Hi guys. I can say there is definitely something to these cars. I went about 70 miles to pick it up. Test driving it and trailering it home was kind of fun and drove me nuts at the same time. On the road test driving was fine. Thumbs up all around. But on the trailer coming home I had people trying to ask questions out the passenger windows. Thumbs up is a well understood sing. Like lifting your middle finger everyone gets it. But yelling shit out the window had me pulling over a few times in worry of a tie down snapped off or worse.. One guy was asking if it was a 31 or 32, but I didn't figure out what he was asking until I had already pulled over to once again check my straps. FYI: I use 2 straps at each end of the car, so when the guy was asking 1 or 2 I took it that I lost a strap...

So, STU,,,, I suggest you put a plate on it that says "31 Nash" just to save the issues.. lol...

I think this hobby is the SCREW THE RICH GUY hobby. We poor people started drag and left turn racing only for it to be taken over by BIG MONEY. Today I cannot afford to compete with anyone drag racing. Moonshiners went to the bone yards for a part with just a bit less wear too. Now it's big money and multiple cars under 1 roof there too. Throws us to the wolves. BUT,,,, RAT RODS are the true poor mans fun hobby that the rich probably won't mess with. I might even be able to build one, but with my back it would have to be a truck.. 2 times in and out of Stu's Nash and I was ready for my bag of pills.... Good luck with the new hobby Stu. You and your son will have a blast with it I'm sure... ;)

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: Steve P. on November 07, 2012, 02:29:54 PM
Hi guys. I can say there is definitely something to these cars. I went about 70 miles to pick it up. Test driving it and trailering it home was kind of fun and drove me nuts at the same time. On the road test driving was fine. Thumbs up all around. But on the trailer coming home I had people trying to ask questions out the passenger windows. Thumbs up is a well understood sing. Like lifting your middle finger everyone gets it. But yelling shit out the window had me pulling over a few times in worry of a tie down snapped off or worse.. One guy was asking if it was a 31 or 32, but I didn't figure out what he was asking until I had already pulled over to once again check my straps. FYI: I use 2 straps at each end of the car, so when the guy was asking 1 or 2 I took it that I lost a strap...

So, STU,,,, I suggest you put a plate on it that says "31 Nash" just to save the issues.. lol...

I think this hobby is the SCREW THE RICH GUY hobby. We poor people started drag and left turn racing only for it to be taken over by BIG MONEY. Today I cannot afford to compete with anyone drag racing. Moonshiners went to the bone yards for a part with just a bit less wear too. Now it's big money and multiple cars under 1 roof there too. Throws us to the wolves. BUT,,,, RAT RODS are the true poor mans fun hobby that the rich probably won't mess with. I might even be able to build one, but with my back it would have to be a truck.. 2 times in and out of Stu's Nash and I was ready for my bag of pills.... Good luck with the new hobby Stu. You and your son will have a blast with it I'm sure... ;)

Steve I cant thank you enought for what you did and storing it for me .  Especially for a guy you have never met in person  ..  Steve is a great credit to our MOPAR Hobbie  helping me out bad back and all .   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Don't forget babysitting us all here, he deserves a pat for that too. :lol:

Steve P.

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 07, 2012, 02:49:03 PM
how loud were the pipes steve?   :shruggy:

(((((  W H A T )))))   ((((( W H A T )))))   :D

Not bad, but I am partially deaf too!!

I think the AHHOOGA horn should be replaced with TRAIN HORNS.. But that's just me.. ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

JB400

I think he ought to get a wolf whistle

I hear it's illegal :2thumbs:

RR horn would work too.

Steve P.

No problem Stu.  It's been a long time since I've been on the prowl and it felt good. Happy to help out..

Let me know what the shipper says and maybe I can do it for that.. I have no idea what they get anymore, but I would give a damn about what I am hauling and go door to door. Not yard to yard to yard to yard and you might see it in a few months... It's just got to be worth my gas and a nice hotel for the WIFE and I.. lol... And it is already loaded!!!!   :icon_smile_cool:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

JB400

Could meet in the middle :Twocents:  Afterwords, enjoy the sites of wherever.  Mini vacation for everyone.

Ghoste

Steve, we have train horns on all three of our car haulers and I can't imagine relying on those in that rat rod around town.   You would sure get pedestrian attention though.  :smilielol:

moparstuart

got a great rate of $ 650.00  ,car should be here in early december

71ChallengeHer

Really cool, Stuart.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I love the Rat Rods. Here is the 42 Dodge truck , The Rod's Shop built in 6 day's with stuff they had laying around the garage. It had a 440, 727 trans and a Dana.

moparstuart

i would love that  but of course it would be getting a 50's hemi    :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

so you already have a transporter locked on. good for you.  thats a great price.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 09, 2012, 10:25:19 AM
so you already have a transporter locked on. good for you.  thats a great price.  :2thumbs:
well you can always run and get it for me  :)  

actually i just cobbled onto the guy who is already coming to get one of my cars i sold .  Its going to maryland  so he gave me a better rate i'm sure because of that .  He was already headed to florida for the thanksgiving turkey rod run at the speedway so that helped too.  I should have it the first week of december . But you know transporter i wont hold my breath .  Being that steve has it safe  i sleep alot better and wont be biting my nails .

nvrbdn

ive actually done that when my buddy bought a mustang from north carolina. couldnt get anyone to take the bid so i took his cash and went to get it. enjoy the road trips, and we got to do some antique shopping on the way. had a good time and he paid the expences. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 09, 2012, 03:24:48 PM
ive actually done that when my buddy bought a mustang from north carolina. couldnt get anyone to take the bid so i took his cash and went to get it. enjoy the road trips, and we got to do some antique shopping on the way. had a good time and he paid the expences. :2thumbs:
i'm a cheap skate , way more then your buddy    :D