News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

31 Nash rat rod , im ditching mopars for ever turning into a chevy guy NOT!!!

Started by moparstuart, November 04, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

oh not really. he paid 600.00 i grabbed my car trailer and the wife and i hit the road. made a 3 day mini vacation out of it picking up the car sunday morning and driving back straight through. we got to hit antique stores we havent seen and got to  take our time on the trip. if you have things to do on the way, it isnt so much a job, but a fun trip. i think gas hit us for about 350.00 and paying for hotels didnt leave much for the food, we did fast food except for breakfast, where we like to sit down and relax. but i figure if someone is paying my gas,hotel and food so i can go on an antique shopping trip, i guess i can pick a car up for them while im out there. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Steve P.

If I had something to bring back this way I could do it for cheap, but my truck is a guzzler and I figure about $400.00 in gas each way... I need Ron's diesel.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Quote from: Steve P. on November 10, 2012, 03:36:55 AM
If I had something to bring back this way I could do it for cheap, but my truck is a guzzler and I figure about $400.00 in gas each way... I need Ron's diesel.....
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:    ok who out there has a car thats in missouri/ kansas area  that needs to goto florida   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

well i couldnt stop my self had to buy this one
 I have always been in love with the old dodge brothers winged emblem  

Nash one looks almost a little two  THIRD REICH ish  but its still pretty cool
  this will be going on the grille shell somewhere

thedodgeboys

Quote from: moparstuart on November 10, 2012, 05:36:11 AM

Stuart put a little "bridge" logo next to it when you put the Hemi in her and you and Ian can be driving a Nash Bridges car around town.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :nana:  :eek2:

moparstuart

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 10, 2012, 07:52:58 AM

Stuart put a little "bridge" logo next to it when you put the Hemi in her and you and Ian can be driving a Nash Bridges car around town.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :nana:  :eek2:
cant do it we dont like yellow

Ghoste

No worse than one of those old Jaguars with the Swallow Sidecars coachwork. :icon_smile_wink:

moparguy01

Quote from: moparstuart on November 10, 2012, 10:11:53 AM

but yellow and green are such close colors!!! :nana:

JB400

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 10, 2012, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 10, 2012, 10:11:53 AM

Stuart put a little "bridge" logo next to it when you put the Hemi in her and you and Ian can be driving a Nash Bridges car around town.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :nana:  :eek2:

but yellow and green are such close colors!!! :nana:
Maybe yeller makes the green come up   :puke: :eek2:

moparstuart

ok HELP !!  any ensight into insurance on Hot Rods / Rats Rods  ?  I called my Insurance company American Collectors  and they want 350.00 bucks a years for only 15 k coverage on this thing  ?  I only pay 290.00 a year for 55 k coverage with them on the Birdible .   Any company specialize in these cars that will be more realistic  ??

THanks 

moparguy01

ive had good luck with Grundy. and I know a buddy with a fiberglass tbucket covered through there with good luck as well.

thedodgeboys

I have Grundy on my challenger Stuart and I am happy with my rate.Give em a try

JB400

Just pay $60,000 to the state of Missouri and you don't need insurance.  Pocket change, right? :lol:

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on November 12, 2012, 03:14:29 PM
  ok HELP !!  any ensight into insurance on Hot Rods / Rats Rods  ?  I called my Insurance company American Collectors  and they want 350.00 bucks a years for only 15 k coverage on this thing  ?  I only pay 290.00 a year for 55 k coverage with them on the Birdible .   Any company specialize in these cars that will be more realistic  ??

THanks 

No kidding?  I pay almost $300/year for my Charger with Hagerty and it's valued at $20K.  How did you get such a good rate?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Steve P.

I have heard really good and really bad rates. It seams that maybe we should start a thread on insurance and sticky that.. I know they look at all cars on their own merit, but I don't know how they would figure out RAT RADS.... 

I do know if it is a daily driver it will be much more than a show or weekend driver.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Dino

Quote from: Steve P. on November 12, 2012, 07:10:23 PM
I have heard really good and really bad rates. It seams that maybe we should start a thread on insurance and sticky that.. I know they look at all cars on their own merit, but I don't know how they would figure out RAT RADS.... 

I do know if it is a daily driver it will be much more than a show or weekend driver.

I like that idea.  It will give insured members the chance to see if they can do better and the ones looking for a deal the best one out there.   I think $300 a year is pretty cheap but hey, maybe I can get an extra tank of gas out of it!   :icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

I'll ask Rod about his Rat Rod. But I'm betting they insure it thru the business.  :shruggy:

moparstuart

another step to fixing the front end   bought this on ebay last night   nash grill shell

moparstuart

https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw
Quote from: Dino on November 12, 2012, 06:50:22 PM

THanks 

No kidding?  I pay almost $300/year for my Charger with Hagerty and it's valued at $20K.  How did you get such a good rate?
https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw                                 call them my rate even includes the top road side service with lots of great features  too 

moparstuart

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on November 13, 2012, 10:53:28 AM
https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw

THanks 

https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw                                 call them my rate even includes the top road side service with lots of great features  too 

Thanks Stuart!

moparstuart

Quote from: Dino on November 13, 2012, 11:59:53 AM
 ok HELP !!  any ensight into insurance on Hot Rods / Rats Rods  ?  I called my Insurance company American Collectors  and they want 350.00 bucks a years for only 15 k coverage on this thing  ?  I only pay 290.00 a year for 55 k coverage with them on the Birdible .   Any company specialize in these cars that will be more realistic  ??

THanks  

No kidding?  I pay almost $300/year for my Charger with Hagerty and it's valued at $20K.  How did you get such a good rate?
https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw                                 call them my rate even includes the top road side service with lots of great features  too  

Thanks Stuart!
when getting a quote dont mention modified  ,  in the insurance quotes they triple the price if you say modified im finding out  

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on November 13, 2012, 12:08:26 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 13, 2012, 11:59:53 AM
 ok HELP !!  any ensight into insurance on Hot Rods / Rats Rods  ?  I called my Insurance company American Collectors  and they want 350.00 bucks a years for only 15 k coverage on this thing  ?  I only pay 290.00 a year for 55 k coverage with them on the Birdible .   Any company specialize in these cars that will be more realistic  ??

THanks  

No kidding?  I pay almost $300/year for my Charger with Hagerty and it's valued at $20K.  How did you get such a good rate?
https://quote.americancollectors.com/AcctMgmt/S/Quote/?producer=1422092&gclid=CLON07WmzLMCFcaiPAodyhoApw                                 call them my rate even includes the top road side service with lots of great features  too  

Thanks Stuart!
when getting a quote dont mention modified  ,  in the insurance quotes they triple the price if you say modified im finding out  

Yeah I found that out as well.  What is a good amount for comprehensive deductible and collision deductible.  In other words, I have no idea what that is.   :icon_smile_big: