News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

31 Nash rat rod , im ditching mopars for ever turning into a chevy guy NOT!!!

Started by moparstuart, November 04, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

well i never knew ford offered a flip top gas cap also , so i bought this one for my passenger side door mirror
  25.00 bucks seemed like  a bargain so i grabbed it

what do you think russ
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Troy

Quote from: moparstuart on February 25, 2013, 01:22:27 PM
well i never knew ford offered a flip top gas cap also , so i bought this one for my passenger side door mirror
   25.00 bucks seemed like  a bargain so i grabbed it

what do you think russ

You're in the auto salvage industry and didn't know Mustangs came with flip open gas caps? You worry me. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on February 25, 2013, 02:43:32 PM
  25.00 bucks seemed like  a bargain so i grabbed it

what do you think russ

You're in the auto salvage industry and didn't know Mustangs came with flip open gas caps? You worry me. :D

Troy

I deal in late model salvage  lol   oh and I called my ford buddy larry and he said he didnt know they did  either . ?  he thinks its a shelby item only from the part number  ???   He owns cyclones and talladega   . He is also a ford parts man so i guess i dont have to feel so bad now  :)

Troy

Quote from: moparstuart on February 25, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

what do you think russ

Troy

I deal in late model salvage  lol   oh and I called my ford buddy larry and he said he didnt know they did  either . ?  he thinks its a shelby item only from the part number  ???   He owns cyclones and talladega   . He is also a ford parts man so i guess i dont have to feel so bad now  :)

It says "GT" right there on the cap. ;) Probably 67-68. Maybe it's confusing because they pop *out* - not up?

Here's my 70:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JB400

Did someone forget what a Mustang looks like? :rotz: :lol: I can understand that some could think they screw on though.

moparstuart

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 25, 2013, 03:04:53 PM
Did someone forget what a Mustang looks like? :rotz: :lol: I can understand that some could think they screw on though.
seen tons of them at show but never really paid enough attention or just like stated thought it just twisted off instead of flipped down ,  either way i though it was cool.   The guy i bought some mopar c body console parts from , for the birdible had it for 25.00 bucks so i grabbed it to contrast the charger cap i'm mounting on the other side

mauve66

as long as the charger one is on the driver side, the important side....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on February 25, 2013, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 25, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

what do you think russ

Troy

I deal in late model salvage  lol   oh and I called my ford buddy larry and he said he didnt know they did  either . ?  he thinks its a shelby item only from the part number  ???   He owns cyclones and talladega   . He is also a ford parts man so i guess i dont have to feel so bad now  :)

It says "GT" right there on the cap. ;) Probably 67-68. Maybe it's confusing because they pop *out* - not up?

Here's my 70:

Troy

so can you get a little locking inset like chargers ? to stop tampering and theft  ?

moparstuart

I forgot i need a cap for the end of my keg overflow bottle too

moparstuart

ACUDANUT

Stu, you might ask Jerry Stricker. I know he has a couple of them.

moparstuart

I found a guy in central illinois who is now building me a 392 hemi . He builds several a year just as a past time.
  So he is building it for exactly what i can afford and he is letting me choose the cam a mild lope to it  and other things to taylor it to the nash.
Exactly the look and options i want it will have the tranny adapter to bolt it right up to the nash and distributor and alternator set up just like the nash already has so it
will be an easy bolt in set up I will just have to weld in the front motor mounts

this is the 392 i picked because he is in the process of getting ready to assemble it and i could pick out the 340 mopar high volumn fuel pump and the Isky Cam .

moparstuart

I also got the driverside door mirror made today
this is an old challenger flip top gas cap that was nasty pitted and broken .

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

the nash has the motor mounts on the front of the motor
  so it i will have to figure out if i wanna mount the hemi off the front the the 350 or off the side standard motor mounts

moparstuart

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:22 inches from the tranny to the front of the 350 chevy where the mount bolts

JB400

Congrats on finding a Hemi :cheers:  Mirror looks good as well :drool5:  Are you keeping the maltese crosses on there as well?

moparstuart

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 09, 2013, 05:31:06 PM
Congrats on finding a Hemi :cheers:  Mirror looks good as well :drool5:  Are you keeping the maltese crosses on there as well?
yes i can have them at a different angle , the thing is hard to see out of so they both help

moparstuart

the hemi builder in illinois also raises elk and has an elk farm