News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 4bl Project by Shawn!

Started by Mopar1979, November 05, 2012, 08:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar1979

Project :2thumbs: 69 Charger SE 383 4bl car. I have fought for this car for the last 20 years. It has been sitting in a barn since 1986 and then was pulled out before the barn collapsed in 2005. it has been sitting outside in a field since then with the hood on the back window where it was broken out. I have worked to 2 solid days and here are some pics so far. 

Mopar1979

JB400

Glad you got your own thread, and making progress on your ride :2thumbs:

Mopar1979

Ghoste

Mopar1979

More Pics after this weekend!

Mopar1979

Yes there is at least 10lbs of rust and dirt on the floor!

Mopar1979

I am trying to get ready for bead blasting.

Mopar1979

more pics

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mopar1979

I think i am going to do a black interior instead of green and do a 383 with stroker kit or a 440. I want to stay around 500hp. I want some input on rebuilding my k member and going with rack and pinion versus power steering.

skip68

I'd go with a 440.   In the "Engine, Transmission, Rearend" section there is a "proven engine combos" thread.  It will help you pick the build you want and give you a parts list.   :2thumbs:   Your 500hp will be easy to get out of a 440.   Good luck to you and keep posting the progress.   :2thumbs: :cheers:

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bill440rt

Good to see another one being saved!  :cheers:
Doesn't look like a bad project at all. Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

nice score   A/C car too   :cheers: :cheers:

I vote 383 or 400 stroked   great motors and combo 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mopar1979

I HAVE A 383 MOTOR THAT WAS IN IT THAT HAS NO VIN STAMPED ON IT. BUT IT SHOWS A BUILD DATE OF 5-27-1968 WHICH MEANS IT WAS THE RIGHT DATE CODE. I ALSO HAVE A DONNER 383 THAT I MOGHT COULD USE SINCE THE ONE IN IT WAS ALREADYBORED .60 OVER. wOULD IT BE CHEAPER TO BUY A CRATE ENGINE 383 STROKER THAN BUILT ONE OF MINE?

Mopar1979

Has anyone bought an engine from Muscle Motors? What did ya think about them and do they do custom building also?

chargerboy69

Quote from: Mopar1979 on November 08, 2012, 08:13:40 AM
Has anyone bought an engine from Muscle Motors? What did ya think about them and do they do custom building also?

Muscle Motors out of Lansing?  A buddy of mine has a 472 Hemi built by them, and he loves it.  Have heard nothing bad about them.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

lukedukem

Quote from: Mopar1979 on November 08, 2012, 08:13:40 AM

they have that killer crate for like 7500 or so. i called and they gave me a bid to bore out a 383, .30 over and i would provide block and heads, intake (450hp). the proce dropped to 5700  so yes they will do a custom biuld. and use your stuff too.
luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mopar1979

Thats sounds like a good price. Yes they are from Lansing,MI  I have 2 383 blocks one  already bored .60 over in the one that was in the car and is supposed to be honed and ready to rebuild and the second as a donner for crank i could use. Does anyone have a dyno video from them on there engines? Do you think they can build to 500hp out of a 383 with a dual plane manifold and pump gas?

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar1979

Mopar1979

Every one down here is telling me that since my block is not a numbers matching( no vin stamped at all) to get a crate engine. It would be cheaper in the log run and be tuned and ready to go.