News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has Anyone Pegged the Needle on these Car and Found Them More Stable???

Started by johnnyseville, October 25, 2012, 07:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 27, 2012, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 27, 2012, 11:30:11 PM
Quote from: Bob T on October 27, 2012, 03:59:38 AM
I've never pegged it, only been up around 120 so far, just not enough road around, however tomorrow is our club drag day so at least I'll get a good shoefull in without risking my licence  :icon_smile_big:

I pegged it once and got away!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
What cars are the cops driving down yonder?

VE V6 Holden Commodores ( GM ) here, I think you guys call them Pontiacs - same model as the latest coupe
Well, its a rare thing getting away Fred  :icon_smile_big:
My car sucked at the drags today btw, crappy fuel filter restricting flow  :'(
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Quote from: Bob T on October 28, 2012, 01:29:24 AM
I've never pegged it, only been up around 120 so far, just not enough road around, however tomorrow is our club drag day so at least I'll get a good shoefull in without risking my licence  :icon_smile_big:

VE V6 Holden Commodores ( GM ) here, I think you guys call them Pontiacs - same model as the latest coupe
My car sucked at the drags today btw, crappy fuel filter restricting flow  :'(
Used to be Pontiacs, now they are supposedly the Chevy Caprice or/and SS.  Better luck next week at the drags.  :2thumbs: 

Fred

Same here only ours are high powered V8's  Can't let the hoons have faster cars than the police.

I'm only kidding........I've never gotten away with anything yet.  :eek2:

Sorry to hear it Kelvin, must have been a bit of a disappointment for you..........things are never as they should be when you need them to be. But I'm sure you enjoyed yourself all the same.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Bob T

Sorry to hear it Kelvin, must have been a bit of a disappointment for you..........things are never as they should be when you need them to be. But I'm sure you enjoyed yourself all the same.  :2thumbs:
[/quote]

Still gutted, just starves as I bang  it into top  :pullinghair: , was back home by 2pm.
It wont be happening again. R & M next weekend    ;)

Hey Stroker, does'nt matter how fast the cops cars are, still cant beat their radios as my Dad used to say  :D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Their bullets are pretty fast too.  I've looked at the business end of their 9 mm's, not a pretty site.  No, I have not been shot at, YET.  Don't plan on it either :eek2:

Highbanked Hauler

When my 500 was new I have had it up to 140 a couple of times and 130 a few times on good ol F70-14 bias ply redline Firestones about 1/2 worn out and i can say without doubt it you can feel  the car settle down at about 120.   :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

Thats interesting too.  I would have thought the nose cone and wing would aid stability but the 500 would only see an advantage in punching a hole through the air.

dads_69

I've hit 145 or so, the needle bounched around after 140. I held it till it hit 150 2 or 3 times. I was racing a 67' vet in Tri-Cites, Washington. It was a fast couple miles. After passing a Sheriff, I pulled over, vet guy kept going then busted later, idiot.
My ticket as for 144 in a 55 zone. Cop was way cool though, he said I've seen your red/black 69' charger around but never thought it was as fast as it is :)
And yes, the vet was 4 cars behind me at 140 plus mph as I kept my foot into it he never caught up.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Ghoste

marty42

I have had a bird just north of 100 several times, both as a passenger and a driver.  I can tell you they fly!  Once was driving down a mountain on I71 just south of Ohio.  Truckers turned me in so I had to hide behind a billboard and buy the kids happy meals to lay low for a while.  What a thrill.  Now I know my tires were toast and I am lucky to be alive.  My husband had the lead foot.  On the Chrysler proving grounds before they plu a pace car in front, we drove as fast as we wanted.  The hemis were passing us in the highest lane.  great traction!

stripedelete

Did the truckers turn you in to the cops or childrens services?   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

There is more to that story and you need to share.  Like just how fast were you going and how did you know they turned you in and why did the kids need Happy Meal bribe?

Kismgby

I chicken out before my car ever has.  Something about 130 mph and power drum brakes that make me have second thoughts.   :o

Bob T

Quote from: Ghoste on November 10, 2012, 10:55:10 AM
There is more to that story and you need to share.  Like just how fast were you going and how did you know they turned you in and why did the kids need Happy Meal bribe?

Pretty good Wingcar story actually  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87604.msg989516.html#msg989516
Old Dog, Old Tricks.