News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what yall think of this big girl? (mopar)

Started by generalfan01, February 09, 2006, 06:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

That's gonna be an expensive way to get a 440.
Unless you're talking about buying it to cruise. :icon_smile:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BLAM

My first car in High School was a 73 New Yorker Broughm.  I could carry half the football team to a party in that thing.  At 80 cents a gallon and couple bucks from each the guys we could anywhere in style!!!
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Lowprofile

I love those land yachts!  A good friend of mine has an elderly uncle who drives a 74 New Yorker....he calls it his "Jew Canoe"   :smilielol:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger Aficionado

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lowprofile on February 09, 2006, 06:47:25 PM
I love those land yachts!  A good friend of mine has an elderly uncle who drives a 74 New Yorker....he calls it his "Jew Canoe"   :smilielol:
That's funny! :lol:
There was a guy in high school, who called his rusted green Chebby truck the "Green Latrine". ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Would make a pretty damn good cruiser, that's for sure.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Bandit72

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 09, 2006, 07:43:58 PM
I love those land yachts!  A good friend of mine has an elderly uncle who drives a 74 New Yorker....he calls it his "Jew Canoe"   :smilielol:
There was a guy in high school, who called his rusted green Chebby truck the "Green Latrine". ;D

we used to call my puke green 68 ltd the "vomit comit"  :sick:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Ghoste

I had a Chevy once that I ended up putting duct tape over all the nameplates with "LADA-junk!" written on the duct tape.  Doesn't rhyme but it doesn't have much to do with C-bodies either. :-\

4402tuff4u

That's a true gasoholic Mopar. Would'nt want to pay for the gas.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

The Ghoul

id tap that.
but then again I always end up in the biggens.
my first car was an 85 cutlass broham. and i thought that thing was a tank, till my friend picked up a late model polara.

Mike DC

If I were interested in buying one of those fullsize land-barge Mopars, then I'd aim for a 1974 Royal Monaco.  Preferably with a tan interior. 
It was used for the original "Bluesmobile" and also the first Hazzard County cop cars in Georgia.  So it's about the same car as in the Ebay ad, except it might actually have a little more resale value in Mopar circles at some point.

skip68

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Too much car for me!  :puke: That's over the limit, throw it back.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Too big?  No way.  It has big block power, room for two families and their luggage, easily repaired and most parts still available, virtually indestructable (nail a Civic with one and see which car lives) and they can be used as a snow plow in a pinch.  They ride like a dream and it's a family car that CAN be used as a tow vehicle.  Try towing a small trailer behind your Camry.
Their only drawback?  Finding parking spaces whether at the mall or in a modern garage.  There's just no room provided for them in today's world.

Headrope

The Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance ...
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

andy74

nothing like a land barge with big block power for a cruiser,and you can bring just about anyone you know and all the stuff for a party!you ever see the trunk on one of those monsters?4 kegs and a few blondes!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Bandit72 on February 09, 2006, 10:07:51 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 09, 2006, 07:43:58 PM
I love those land yachts!  A good friend of mine has an elderly uncle who drives a 74 New Yorker....he calls it his "Jew Canoe"   :smilielol:

we used to call my puke green 68 ltd the "vomit comit"  :sick:
That's a good one too. :smilielol:

Ghoste

Headrope and Andy, you two are right in line with the B-52's "Love Shack".  How does that line go?  I got me a Chrysler and it's as big as a whale?

72_rallye

I like it !!  Let see now,,,No computer,,,no check engine light,,no fuel pump in the tank,,no digital dash crap,,no airbags,,, no factory clear coat to flake off no huge car payment,,no huge insurance rate,,,The money you would save in insurance alone would pay for the fuel.  Great sleeper potential too,,,,add a 150 shot of laughing gas and go blow the doors off of ovals and bowties,,,,,,,,,,now thats priceless !!!

dkn1997

2 hours left, it's up to just over 3k, and reserve is met....
RECHRGED

greenpigs

Quote from: Ghoste on February 11, 2006, 04:31:04 PM
Headrope and Andy, you two are right in line with the B-52's "Love Shack".  How does that line go?  I got me a Chrysler and it's as big as a whale?

it seats about 20..so come on and bring your jukebox money..
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

That's it. ;D  They're just a big old party car.