News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Limit the type of GIFs added on the site

Started by young99, November 12, 2012, 08:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

young99

I hate to complain but i really like reading the forums and sometimes during my lunch or breaks at work. Any chance you can enforce Safe for Work Gifs? seems every page i am seeing a bikini Jessica Simpson stripping gif pop up in pretty much every thread at least 2 or 3 times.

Fred

The easiest way around that is to limit stroker's posts to 5 a day..  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

If you like, I can take her down.  Not a problem at least from me, now the other guys :shruggy:  In all honesty, a pm to me would have been ok.  What type of gif, if any, would you like to see?  I at least ask that it is either Charger related or Dukes related.  

If you don't want to see anybody's gif, you can go to your profile, go to look and layout preferences, and select the box that will hide the signatures :2thumbs:

Don't be afraid to pm me or anybody else.  We're all easy to get along with :2thumbs:

young99

I come in Peace!

well I should have pm'ed you you are right! Thank you for the info on hiding the signature this solved my dilemma! Carry on!

rebby

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 13, 2012, 12:22:09 AM
If you don't want to see anybody's gif, you can go to your profile, go to look and layout preferences, and select the box that will hide the signatures :2thumbs:

That's the exact solution that I was thinking of. Personally, I think stroker400 should be required to link to a full resolution of his signature gif but that's just me.  :2thumbs:

In all seriousness though, I understand where young99 is coming from and can certainly appreciate his dilemma.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

68X426

Young99 has raised a real issue, and a pm isn't sufficient, it's a public issue. The "work-safe" (SFW-NSFW) can be a real problem for a family site.

I love strippers. But not the same Jessica, the same moves, every page, every day. Boring.

Anyway, here's a solution:

How to read a stroker thread:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hawkeye

:iagree:  take her down and but back the one where she was washing the car.  howerver, i don't see anything wrong with a nice looking girl taking her coat off.  if she weighed 300 pounds, then i would be complaining.

JB400

I have no problem what so ever of mixing things up a bit.  All you have to do is ask. :cheers:  I myself was thinking of a switch once a month, but I can do it more often than that.  

Sorry hawkeye, the website where I found the first one, took it down.  I haven't been able to find another one yet.  Of course, I could learn to make them myself.

rebby

How did that beer bottle not fall off the tray? Something isn't right... Crap, I must be getting old, how did I even notice the beer bottle??? The beginning of the end...
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

hawkeye

Quote from: young99 on November 12, 2012, 08:56:58 PM
I hate to complain but i really like reading the forums and sometimes during my lunch or breaks at work. Any chance you can enforce Safe for Work Gifs? seems every page i am seeing a bikini Jessica Simpson stripping gif pop up in pretty much every thread at least 2 or 3 times.
i might have a solution to your work problem. if someone complains just tell them you realize these gif's are dehumanizing for women and just reduces them to sex objects.  but stroker 400 wedge is an expert on all things mopar and if putting up with his tasteless, childish gif's is what it takes to read his posts, it a price you are willing to pay.  practice saying it several times and if you get to the point where you can say it with a straight face, they might just buy it.

JB400

I guess I should be more like the normal (boring :nana:) common folk and post a pic instead.  I'll still mix them up from time to time.  :naughty:

Fred

Who are you calling common?  We want names. :D

JB400

Why would I want to humiliate them?  They drive Toyotas.  They humiliate themselves :rofl:

Fred

JB400

No, they voted for Obama, they don't want to be known :lol:

Fred

johnnycharger

hey stroker how about a GIF thread with all of your gifs on it? That's one  Id check out!
:cheers:

mauve66

i'm showing my age but here it goes, what's a gif??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

stroker..why is the front side reflector in that far left 69 Charger green instead of amber?  :D

JB400

A gif is what was in my sig.  Just a small movie clip that repeats itself.

As far as the reflector, I changed the color of the car.  Unfortunately, the software used adjusted the whole pic, turning the reflector green.  I never paid that much attention to it.  It took me about 6 hrs of trying different program formats before I got it to this point.  After 6 hrs. of  :brickwall: and  :pullinghair: I didn't give a darn what color the reflector was.  Not bad for first attemt

mauve66

oh, ok, i thought it was closer to milf, and get the marker color fixed, no slacking around here, you wouldn't let a paint shop do what you did...................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment